tothgs60

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 am

Better luck next week

wrong place at wrong time tonight. Better luck next week. Welcome to NASCAR
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Better luck next week

Well the Nascar "gods" clearly has shown for whatever reason, they dont like Danica in Nascar with so much misfortune with this terrible opening races starting this season. One has to wonder? Danica smiles and looks positive with race interviews but thats just PR, I wonder what she really is thinking behind closed doors? One person said it best "she doesnt deserve all this as none of it was her fault" but still?

Truthfully--if it was me, with her financial security and all she has, I'd tell nascar--"so long dont need to run in a series thats more like a demolition derby and survival of the luckiest, instead of like a real race".
Course the big blame is Nascar themselves making so many changes causing all this and I wonder seriously--"what were they thinking" and more importantly, what are they REALLY thinking NOW behind closed doors? :roll:

Guess the ratings will show what the tv viewers thought anyway as I tuned out very early after lap 2 crash and watched my reg programs instead flipping back and forth but finally went to bed after Hawaii Five O, long before the race was over as didnt care anymore. Whats happenned to real racing? 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am

well that just shows your really not a fan of her, you just like it when she does well, and that is a cop out, i sat through the whole race even tho JJ was taken out in the same wreck, like i said before, she is going to wreck more than she will have good finishes, better drivers than her have also struggled in their rookie years, its your right if you wanna come here and #### and moan about nascar gods not liking her, but it is also a major cop out, making excuses for her......
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 am

Give it rest with with your lame attitude and remarks. All youve shown that you clearly jump to any side of the fence you think will get you noticed the most. Real fans hope for the best but they dont fail to see the reality of the bad. Its simple really and mentioning what I would do, is my thoughts on all this and i will support her choices anyway, but I dont have to make it sound all fuzzy and good when it clearly isnt. You can suport a driver in the race without liking the race, but this race was so pathetic I turned it off--simple enough.

Nascar is not the series it used to be anymore--its a joke with too many desperate and dumb drivers making rookie mistakes way to early in the race. Ask J Johnson, Trevor or others what they really think of this 500 race now and loved what Kyle said on the radio about it early on. Behind closed doors I gaurantee not many drivers are happy, other then the winner anyway. When interviewed during the red flag Carl Edwards said they were all talking about the race and when he was asked what they said, he said it wasnt for the public to hear, meaning more then likely it wasnt good about nascar for fear of nascars wrath--simple enough. 8-)
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:36 pm

This year Daytona was demolition derby.. Kurt had 4 wrecks (practise, budweiser shootout, nationwide, cup), Tony had 3 wrecks (practise, nationwide, cup), JJ had 2 wrecks (budweiser shootout, cup), Kasey had 3 wrecks (practise, budweiser shootout, cup), JPM had 2 wrecks (duels, cup), Dale jr. had 2 wrecks (budweiser shootout, nationwide)..

Pack racing is very stupid..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Dupont

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Danica showed a few things this past week. 1) She has the stamina to race these races 2) she has the drive to race, race hard, and learn what she needs to know and 3) she has the skills to do this racing deal in NASCAR given some runway to get familiar with everything and everyone. There was no way she could get out of this week unscathed because the expectations and hype were more than she could ever pull off (more than anyone could pull off). I think she handled everything with grace, not casting blame, and with humility knowing that she has more to learn. She is good for our sport. We need to embrace her and the status she can bring to NASCAR.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey Dupont, I like your post! ;) You are a breath of fresh air for Danica's forum. Glad to have you! Welcome :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 pm

1. MJ-- Are you not happy unless you're stirring up stuff? People have a right to their own opinions on here (we listen to yours enough and actually sometimes appreciate them) and we also have the right to change our opinion about a driver, especially one like Danica who still has a lot to prove. I for one will probably do a lot of vacillating where she's concerned with what I see, what I read, etc. So expect me to do the same and I reserve that right.

2. I don't think she proved a lot this week. She proved she can drive around a track but not really race. She didn't get a chance to race after being taken out in the first lap. But Sat. when she was "taken out" she wasn't used to draft racing and someone drafting her from behind. A more seasoned driver may not have wrecked there but I don't think she should have been driving in that race anyway or Sunday's but that's me. I guess she has to learn sometime but that's trial by fire. She should have eased into the Sprint cup IMO and skipped Daytona this year.

I'll be rooting for her but I will probably change my opinions with each week. Call me a fence sitter if you like but I think it's too early in the game to be a true fan unless you have followed her career which I have not and many here have not.
Last edited by tlmerk on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Nice post Dupont--see the ratings I posted in the general nascar forum--Golden for both races and NNS broke the record--wonder why?--he he?

Nascar and Godaddy will be Soooo happy. 8-)
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Hey Dupont, I like your post! ;) You are a breath of fresh air for Danica's forum. Glad to have you! Welcome :)
And Palino, it is a good thing Mr Hendrick is a wealthy man, I think in total he lost 10 cars last week. Such a waste of money! That doesn't even count RCR, MWR and Penske. :( :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 pm

racer1 wrote:Give it rest with with your lame attitude and remarks. All youve shown that you clearly jump to any side of the fence you think will get you noticed the most. Real fans hope for the best but they dont fail to see the reality of the bad. Its simple really and mentioning what I would do, is my thoughts on all this and i will support her choices anyway, but I dont have to make it sound all fuzzy and good when it clearly isnt. You can support a driver in the race without liking the race, but this race was so pathetic I turned it off--simple enough.

Nascar is not the series it used to be anymore--its a joke with too many desperate and dumb drivers making rookie mistakes way to early in the race. Ask J Johnson, Trevor or others what they really think of this 500 race now and loved what Kyle said on the radio about it early on. Behind closed doors I guarantee not many drivers are happy, other then the winner anyway. When interviewed during the red flag Carl Edwards said they were all talking about the race and when he was asked what they said, he said it wasnt for the public to hear, meaning more then likely it wasnt good about nascar for fear of nascars wrath--simple enough. 8-)

Racer you are so funny :mrgreen:
Are you implying that MJ posts warm & fuzzy, all good posts & cant see drama on a race team? LOL
The guy will poke at all of us with his comments from time to time, nut the one thing I do know is. He believes what he is posting. Also I think it is funny you attempt to bag on the competition of Nascar coming from the Indy Series. Please stop my sides are hurting from laughter!!! Desperate & dumb drivers? I agree that plate racing is all screwed up now, but you act like that is all Nascar races. that is only 1/9th of the season (that is 4 out of 36 races for you) The reason why Danica & so many other drivers from all kinds of racing disciplines, try to make it in cup, is because it is the most competitive racing out there with some of the best drivers ever. Cpu's dont run these cars. Indy car drivers always look for a way into cup, F-1 drivers want to get into cup & there isnt anything more advanced than an F-1 car.
Why would Danica say so long to the series she wants to be in. You love being mad when something goes wrong for her. I could only imagine how unbearable you will be when something goes right for her. I honestly think it is good she has a humble beginning. She seemed to be a little spoiled snot in the indy series. I think she is taking the right approach in this series & you bag on her for it. The person I see jumping fences is you. You seem to be bipolar when it comes to danica.
you want to know what she was thinking behind closed doors. I'll tell you. Disappointment. She wasnt mad at some driver, she is just disappointed in what happened. because she wanted to get out there & get seat time. You might have to remember she is not suppose to catch the world on fire (that is juans job) in cup this season. She is simply suppose to learn & grow. For all we know she may not have a single good race this year in cup. if she doesnt, I wont be thinking any less of her. But I also wont be making excuses for her every race she does bad blaming something else or someone else or Nascar. Nascar is never gonna try & hold her back. So just remember. Technically she isnt even at rookie status in Cup yet. The fact she keeps her cool when disappointed is a good thing. If you really dont like hearing from Danica haters the last thing you want is her acting like is one of the Busch brothers.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Dupont wrote:Danica showed a few things this past week. 1) She has the stamina to race these races 2) she has the drive to race, race hard, and learn what she needs to know and 3) she has the skills to do this racing deal in NASCAR given some runway to get familiar with everything and everyone. There was no way she could get out of this week unscathed because the expectations and hype were more than she could ever pull off (more than anyone could pull off). I think she handled everything with grace, not casting blame, and with humility knowing that she has more to learn. She is good for our sport. We need to embrace her and the status she can bring to NASCAR.

My opinion differs a lil bit.
I think your #1 is still a question mark. I saw her in the NW race in canada last year & she seemed overheated aat the length of that race & it was raining outside. This race sshe sat in the garage & then when she did get back out there, there was a long red flag in between. So I cant say she has proven that yet. The length of cup races is the one thing drivers always has to get used too. Really is what seperates cup from the NW series.
I would agree with your #2.
#3 remains to be seen, but have a feeling she can adapt to stock car racing just fine.
everything else in your post I agree with as well.
When I listened to her radio during the NW race, you can tell she seemed stressed. I worry about her pushing to hard to appease those listening to the hype of the media. Think the media can actually hurt her growth in her learning curve, if she lets it.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 pm

In reading this thread it made me wonder about Tony's move from IRL to NASCAR.

Tony:
1996 - 9 Busch Series Races(now called Nationwide) best finish 16th
- 1 Truck Series Race finished 10th
1997 - 5 Busch Series Races top 10 twice, 1 top 5
1998 - 22 Busch Series Races 2 poles, 5 top 5, 5 top 10
1999 - First full Cup year 3 wins and at least 1 DNF

Tony also ran a number of dirt track races during those years as well.

Danica:
2010 - 13 Nationwide races best finish 19th and at least 2 DNF's
- 1 K&N Pro Series East 6th place
- 1 ARCA(Daytona) 6th place
2011 - 12 Nationwide races 1 top 5 and 2 top 10

Tony ran 2 years limited schedule in lower series before running it full-time before even running in a Cup race. I think it would have been better for Danica if they had run her full-time in Nationwide this year and next year with adding limited Cup schedule in 2013 if she was running well this year.
Basically what I am trying to say is that she needs more seat time to learn about driving stock cars. She has the drive, determination, and talent but needs experience. I am hoping she learns fast and does well because I want other females to be given the opportunity. I do not think Danica is being singled out by any drivers anymore than any other rookie driver, heck Elliott Sadler(thanks to SmokieOneFour I hear ET saying the name every time now) is not a rookie and had drivers telling their spotters to tell him to not push them last night. It will take time for the drivers to trust Danica, which is part of being a rookie or part-timer.

I am holding out hope that she will do well in time but expectations are running too high for her right now. She has to take responsibility for some of that with having the big PR machine, but ESPN, Fox Sports, and SPEED have their part in that too. To listen to ESPN one would think she is the only female running in the Nationwide series this year, but Johanna Long is running full-time as well. Unfortunately for Johanna she does not have the PR machine Danica has.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Well I think she was moving to fast to cup as well, but unfortunately, the times are different from when Tony entered cup to now. With such sponsor pushes to get the next big thing out there. many drivers are being put in cup seats early. There is no wait anymore. Sponsors want now! & since they pay the bills, they usually get now. So whether Danica wanted to or not, she is coming to cup as fast as they can get her there. Cant blame Danica. No driver is gonna say no to a cup ride. Especially when it comes with a full scholarship that goes with it (so to speak). Joey wasnt ready for cup & no way he was gonnna say no to a JGR ride. You'd be crazy to say no.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well I think she was moving to fast to cup as well, but unfortunately, the times are different from when Tony entered cup to now. With such sponsor pushes to get the next big thing out there. many drivers are being put in cup seats early. There is no wait anymore. Sponsors want now! & since they pay the bills, they usually get now. So whether Danica wanted to or not, she is coming to cup as fast as they can get her there. Cant blame Danica. No driver is gonna say no to a cup ride. Especially when it comes with a full scholarship that goes with it (so to speak). Joey wasnt ready for cup & no way he was gonnna say no to a JGR ride. You'd be crazy to say no.

I agree for the most part Schmoopy, just wanted to show some comparison. I do think if she did not want to do the cup Go Daddy would have been ok with that, but she wants it too. Plus maybe Tony thinks by getting her those laps it will accelerate her growth process. IMO Joey's biggest problem has been his dad.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
Next

Return to Danica