FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thanks Nascar.

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Thanks Nascar.

I say we go back to the setups we had last year.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

I was hoping that they would call the race, cause of the jet drier fire or rain, and Dave Blaney would win. That would have been such a feel good story and great for Tomy Baldwin Racing. I like Matt Kenseth, but I can't stand Rousch racing. I hope NASCAR takes a really good look at the new ford engine. Something just smells fishy! :shock:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Apparently crashes and fires raise ratings as the preliminary TV ratings were GOLD at over 14 million watching the 500 race last night.
http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/ratings-n ... 500-smash/

Course have to say it--Danica may have helped a little?

I believe she really helped the NNS race on EsPN though:

"With an average of 4.4 million people watching, ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 25 has broken the previous record as the most-viewed race ever on cable television for the series."

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2 ... HxCxaoL.99
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

racer1 wrote:Apparently crashes and fires raise ratings as the preliminary TV ratings were GOLD at over 14 million watching the 500 race last night.
http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/ratings-n ... 500-smash/

Course have to say it--Danica may have helped a little?

I believe she really helped the NNS race on EsPN though:

"With an average of 4.4 million people watching, ESPN's live telecast of the NASCAR Nationwide Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 25 has broken the previous record as the most-viewed race ever on cable television for the series."

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ratings/2 ... HxCxaoL.99

Danica in any event will always help the ratings. But being on a monday night after everyone got home from work didnt hurt either.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Annalee wrote:I was hoping that they would call the race, cause of the jet drier fire or rain, and Dave Blaney would win. That would have been such a feel good story and great for Tomy Baldwin Racing. I like Matt Kenseth, but I can't stand Rousch racing. I hope NASCAR takes a really good look at the new ford engine. Something just smells fishy! :shock:

I was torn about if the race should continue or not. One I think it wwould have been awesome if after Blaney gave up his seat in the 500, then raced his way into it anyways ended up winning it. That would have been awesome. But ryan just got back on the lead lap & was gonna move to the front. He was sitting 19th & I knew he would move forward, but also knew he was probably gonna get taken out at the end. So I was torn. Do I wish it to continue & ryan could gain some spots. Or wish it was stopped before ryan got wrecked & lost spots. Well obviously now after the fact I wish it was stopped LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:04 pm

racer1 wrote:For whats its worth, this is the worst racing Ive ever seen. Nascar should be ashamed and if this is a sign of the future, its not good, course Tv ratings may tell the story better but should show most fans turned off early as i did, well see?

Far as NOT interviewing a top 5 driver but a 38 place driver instead--its simple Danica is news no matter WHAT, and the 5tjh place driver must not be. Networks have one agenda to interview drivers they think the fans/viewers are interested in, not the ones no-one seem to care about. I dont think its right, as a top 5 driver should be interviewed but--tell the networks>

Not a good race for SHR but Jr nation may be somewhat happy as heard he finished 2nd but didnt see it? :roll:

The thing is if one of the top 5 drivers walks off without completing interview NASCAR will fine them. When you have non-NASCAR fans asking why are they interviewing the 38th place driver it is the media pushing things not the viewers.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Lizard wrote:
racer1 wrote:For whats its worth, this is the worst racing Ive ever seen. Nascar should be ashamed and if this is a sign of the future, its not good, course Tv ratings may tell the story better but should show most fans turned off early as i did, well see?

Far as NOT interviewing a top 5 driver but a 38 place driver instead--its simple Danica is news no matter WHAT, and the 5tjh place driver must not be. Networks have one agenda to interview drivers they think the fans/viewers are interested in, not the ones no-one seem to care about. I dont think its right, as a top 5 driver should be interviewed but--tell the networks>

Not a good race for SHR but Jr nation may be somewhat happy as heard he finished 2nd but didnt see it? :roll:

The thing is if one of the top 5 drivers walks off without completing interview NASCAR will fine them. When you have non-NASCAR fans asking why are they interviewing the 38th place driver it is the media pushing things not the viewers.

to add to that. a top 5 driver earned the interview. They & their sponsors pay to race just like everyone else, & should be allowed air time to get their name out there.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 pm

"a top 5 driver earned the interview. They & their sponsors pay to race just like everyone else, & should be allowed air time to get their name out there."

Good grief is that all some of you do is whine about anything and everything? Go find someone to give you a hug or something. Maybe the top 5 did deserve an interview but maybe they havent had any good feedback on stories about him--call the network and complain>

Remember pre NNS race and all the Nascar interviews/discussions of many drivers, Ricky Steinhouse actually kind of slammed the network for not saying anything about him. He was serious but the network finally giving him some attention made it soulnd like a joke--not really. Apparently him winning the NNS Championship did nothing for them and so--hello mr not important>

I have said on many forums that popularity or what draws fans to a driver cant be explained sometimes or fabricated, it just happens as some have IT and some dont.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm

racer1 wrote:"a top 5 driver earned the interview. They & their sponsors pay to race just like everyone else, & should be allowed air time to get their name out there."

Good grief is that all some of you do is whine about anything and everything? Go find someone to give you a hug or something. Maybe the top 5 did deserve an interview but maybe they havent had any good feedback on stories about him--call the network and complain>

Remember pre NNS race and all the Nascar interviews/discussions of many drivers, Ricky Steinhouse actually kind of slammed the network for not saying anything about him. He was serious but the network finally giving him some attention made it soulnd like a joke--not really. Apparently him winning the NNS Championship did nothing for them and so--hello mr not important>

I have said on many forums that popularity or what draws fans to a driver cant be explained sometimes or fabricated, it just happens as some have IT and some dont.

1st off it isnt one of my drivers I was talking about. the top 5 are expected to be around & they are expected to be interviewed. if it were only the top three then that would be my stance. Your way of thinking is like saying the winner is a nobody so screw interviewing him (or her) lets go interview the popular guy. Your explanation right here would kill every small team out there. If you arent one of the more popular guys you wont get interviewed. Well if Sponsoras thought that was the way they do it, then we wouldnt have a 43 car field. Just a very expensive 20 car field. its a combination of what is expected & logic. Something nascar fumbles with all the time. Before you get your panties in anymore of a bunch, we are not bashing Danica (nor were we you at the time) for her being interviewed. We were talking about Nascar & the network. Besides all of that. if they never interview anyone but the already popular, how is aanyone else ever gonna get popular?
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Like I said call the network and complain. Course ive seen less email feeds to email them as well as they want this Facebook or twitter crap for feedback which I dont do any of so it is tougher to send feedback to any network people, for me anyway. Course Twitter and Facebook from what i heard is so loaded up not many may pay attention to yours anyway or not enough?

Iam old and its a different world and cant say I like it much so I just watch if i like it and turn off when i dont. Drivers like Steinhouse can whine about not being interviewed all they want but that may eventually only get them a seat watching the race from the bleachers or on TV?

A joking comment very old said that drivers in Indycar that needed attention would seek out where Danica was and go there, as thats where all the media usually was? NNS may be that way this season?

On a different note I never thought she would stay this popular this long, course Nascar now FT and Cup PT is brand new again so if you dont like seeing alot of her--dont watch Iam thinking> 8-)
Last edited by racer1 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

racer1 wrote:Like I said call the network and complain. Course ive seen less email feeds to email them as well as they want this Facebook or twitter crap for feedback which I dont do any of so it is tougher to send feedback to any network people, for me anyway. Course Twitter and Facebook from what i heard is so loaded up not many may pay attention to yours anyway or not enough?

Iam old and its a different world and cant say I like it much so I just watch if i like it and turn off when i dont. Drivers like Steinhouse can whine about not being interviewed all they want but that may eventually only get them a seat watching the race from the bleachers or on TV?

A joking comment very old said that drivers in Indycar that needed attention would seek out where Danica is and go there, as thats where all the media usually was? NNS may be that way this season? 8-)

Could I ask how long you have been watching NASCAR?
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

muskrat3

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I have a very serious question, and I would like to know who to direct it to.
IF you are going to have 10 dryers, all using jet engines, and have 500lbs of jet fuel in these engines, and extra fuel at the track, then why would you not have the appropriate equipment to put out that type of fire? I am talking about the great big rigs that have foam to spray on those types of fires.
If there are any aircraft mechanics or firefighters who can give me a reason. I can almost understand not having hailon(sic). but with the right equipment there should be no reason for that fire to burn that long.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:18 pm

muskrat3 wrote:I have a very serious question, and I would like to know who to direct it to.
IF you are going to have 10 dryers, all using jet engines, and have 500lbs of jet fuel in these engines, and extra fuel at the track, then why would you not have the appropriate equipment to put out that type of fire? I am talking about the great big rigs that have foam to spray on those types of fires.
If there are any aircraft mechanics or firefighters who can give me a reason. I can almost understand not having hailon(sic). but with the right equipment there should be no reason for that fire to burn that long.

good question. I will hand it to the open wheel series. They seem to be prepared for most of the things & have quick respond times to incidents on the race track. nascar sometimes looks like the local tracks with some emergencies.
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

indycars are easier to remove from the track because they are lighter. Not only is the air intake right behind the drivers head, it also serves as a roll bar and tow hook. The tow truck literally lifts it up in the air, and they put a wrap beneath the machine to keep fluids from trailing behind all around the track. I do agree indycar safety crews are more professional when it comes to cockpit fires though, because they see more of them...whether it be in the pits, or a wreck....it seems everyone has access to extinguishers. and they run 100% ethanol.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

jamo14

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:35 pm

it also seems weird that NASCAR couldn't find what they had pre-butt buddy racing. The people cried for pack racing, and they got it, but not the pack racing we were used to for so long where drivers could move to the front with ease (and a long train of cars).
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing