FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Well after watching my DVR

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Well after watching my DVR

Tony looked in typical form for a plate race. Ran well, ended up winning the 1st duel.
Danica's wreck looked vicious. Glad she was ok. She did exactly what I thought she should had. She kept her car clean, ran the bottom almost the whole time, which I figured was the safer area to be at not to be swept up if someone got turned. Ironically her being on the bottom is what got her. McMurray came down on Aric taking out Danica. She raced smart though & didnt do any silly crap that some new drivers does on these tracks. So kudos to her.
I see Ryans team still hasnt figured out his overheating problem. (Which tony didnt seem to have) Ryan I guess said his car had no power before the overheating, so hopefully they figure something out when they replace their engine. Also I hope TG goes over & asks Addington for some secrets on keeping the car cooler. Ryan never tried to tandem draft or do anything that typicaly over heats these engines. In fact he was running by himself when the car was over 290 degrees.
I know Nascar likes the idea of wrecks here so it inspires the standard fan, but putting teams in a box so their engines blow because they have to stop the tandem (safer) racing, is BS. The 500 is a longer race with more cars. Which means more time at the higher RPM's & less clean air to cool the cars. This is a recipe for disaster. Nothing like crowning a winner through attrition.
So congrats to Tony, good Job Danica for driving a smart race. The innocent always seems to get wrecked while the guy causing it races on, at plate tracks. & Please God help Gibson to get a car to make it 500 miles.
I am glad the car lasted so Ryan could salvage a 9th place finish.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 am

Re: Well after watching my DVR

SHR needs to get this overheating problem solved. Today was hot but race day isnt going to be that much cooler they said. Danicas car was running hot but they said it wasnt serious, while hopefully Ryan didnt damage his engine running hot as they were concerned?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 am

Danica should recover from ger wreck quite well. Thats racing at Daytona. We need Ryan stop over heating so he can push Tony to the win on Sunday!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 am

Oh, & one other thing. I am very pleased that Blaney made it into the 500. He eaned it in so many ways. Would have been a shame if he didnt get in this year.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 am

Schmoopy, you are right except for one thing Tony's car reached 260 at one time during the race and he backed off quickly. They do have a problem with over heating, but they all did. I did listen to Ryan's scanner and when he came into the pits and got gas only, other cars put on two tires and gas and beat Ryan out of the pits. Now I don't know what happened, but they should have had a faster stop. I really like Ryan's spotter and Ryan is much more verbal than Tony, which is good. I think he gives great feed back. I bet NASCAR will do something about the water temps, otherwise they will have no cars left to race! None of them can make it 200 laps with those temps. :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:38 am

On Tony's list of "experiences" for Danica this season...

Cup series accident ? Check! LOL

Danica gave a great interview afterwards, very positive & upbeat - it was great! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am

How many backup cars do they have for her--Ha ha? The bad thing about this wreck is now they will probably be even MORE cautious and that'll be the wrong thing to do as wrecks DO happen and as we saw she was near the rear of the pack probably thinking she was safer but--?? At crazy Daytona there is NO safe place to drive except UP FRONT. 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:17 am

racer1 wrote:How many backup cars do they have for her--Ha ha? The bad thing about this wreck is now they will probably be even MORE cautious and that'll be the wrong thing to do as wrecks DO happen and as we saw she was near the rear of the pack probably thinking she was safer but--?? At crazy Daytona there is NO safe place to drive except UP FRONT. 8-)

there is actually no safe place at a plate race. That includes up front. They were cautious, not only because of her inexperience & the fact that the rest of the field arent used to driving around her, but that was her 500 car, & she was already locked into the field. Why would she be wreckless? Nothing to gain in the duels. I thought she did everything right. kept her car safe until the end. Then she was trying to move forward. At the end when every car is trying to move forward, no one is safe. Funny how you are upset with the fact she did everything right LOL.
You are probably gonna be upset when she just rides around the 1st half of the 500 also. You are upset because she was being smart. BTW she was racing the top 10 when she got wrecked. She gets real aggressive they will leave her out to dry. If the other drivers have no trust in her, she wont finish in the top 20 even with no problems.
ImageImageImage
<<

muskrat3

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Danica did a great job, I thought she was more mid pack at the time of the accident? through out tho she ran with the pack, at times going 3 wide. It was interesting tosee her in her first cup race.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Well after watching the race and hearing Danika's comments post Daytona Nationwide, I wonder why Tony thinks she is ready to race at Daytona. She is not comfortable draft racing and it showed today. She lacked the confidence she seemed to have in her interviews. I guess she got some practice in today and tomorrow will tell the story unless she gets wrecked early through no fault of her own.

I am excited about her joining the team this year but not sure why they had her run in Daytona her first time out. Guess, it's trial by fire and she's a tough cookie. You could just hear what almost sounded like fear in her voice on the radio before she was wrecked. She called it chaos. I notice the press is all over her, of course, so anything she says is going to be newsworthy. I just hope she kicks some butt and stays in it on Sunday.

Also, I wish ESPN hadn't cut off her in car audio right after she thought the 88 wrecked her.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 pm

tlmerk wrote:Also, I wish ESPN hadn't cut off her in car audio right after she thought the 88 wrecked her.

They probably expected bad language and wanted to avoid any on-air problems.

I think you will find they will do that with most drivers this year.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
tlmerk wrote:Also, I wish ESPN hadn't cut off her in car audio right after she thought the 88 wrecked her.

They probably expected bad language and wanted to avoid any on-air problems.

I think you will find they will do that with most drivers this year.

Well it was an F-bomb about every other word. Think with all the media pressure, she might over try during the season. I hear a lot of Indy fans saying she is a smart driver. Think if this is true she will have to rely on that to override her want, to live up to the media hype. Always better for rookie to 1st finish, than to try & finish 1st.
BTW she did seemed stressed on the radio when talking to her spotter. So I dont think she was all that comfortable, even if she presents herself well in interviews.
I would expect her to ride for most of the race & hopefully make good decisions at the end when she does press the issue.
BTW whoever her spotter was today did a very good job I thought.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Schmoopy, her spotter's name is Mark Patterson. He was Tony's spotter when he was at JGR. Once again she was a victim of circumstances. I do think they need to keep her comments after the wreck off the air. She does have a way with words, not! :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Annalee wrote:Schmoopy, her spotter's name is Mark Patterson. He was Tony's spotter when he was at JGR. Once again she was a victim of circumstances. I do think they need to keep her comments after the wreck off the air. She does have a way with words, not! :roll:

yeah neither of her wrecks were her fault.
I kinda liked the way she uses her words.
Race drivers should be allowed raw emotion after an incident.
Does put a whole new meaning to the saying, use your words....
:mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Annalee wrote:Schmoopy, her spotter's name is Mark Patterson. He was Tony's spotter when he was at JGR. Once again she was a victim of circumstances. I do think they need to keep her comments after the wreck off the air. She does have a way with words, not! :roll:

As almost every other driver out there :D

No offense to Danica but despite ESPN not realizing until over half way through the race, there was another female racing today and she finished ahead of Danica. Poor Johanna Long barely got any coverage.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing