FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question about Danica & 2012

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Question about Danica & 2012

I know that Danica is only gonna race 10 races this year.
However there are only 2 drivers signed up to run for rookie of the year this year in cup. & neither of them are running a full season either. She wont be eligible for rookie of the year next year, why not go for it this year?
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: Question about Danica & 2012

LOL nevermind. (I'm such a dumass)
She isnt scoring cup points this year.
Still not used to that concept yet I guess LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:27 am

She will be eligible to run for it next year, won't she?
BudmaninTx
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 am

futura64 wrote:She will be eligible to run for it next year, won't she?

no. You cant run more than 7 races & still be considered a rookie.
She is gonna run 10 races this year
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 am

she can run for roty next year, because even tho she is running in 10 races, she is not earning any driver points in the cup series this year.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

racer1

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 pm

"she can run for roty next year, because even tho she is running in 10 races, she is not earning any driver points in the cup series this year."

Yes she can, Its been mentioned before on the news that Yes--she will or can run for ROY next yr--if she is in in Cup next yr?. I heard they extended the number of PT races that can be run like up to 12 or so, and yet not earn points to run for ROY but regardless she can run for it next yr. The funny thing everyone doesnt understand is there is NO contract that she will even run Ft in cup in 2013 or beyond YET. This is a testing sort of year to see if she is ready as many say she isnt, but the yr isnt nearly over yet as its barely starting this weekend.. I imagine the greedy people will push her into it though, but if so she may pay a high price, but way too soon to worry about that yet.

Seeing her run in the duel today at times she looked great but other times she fell way back and I think SHR is telling her to play it safe, but look how well that worked out with her hard crash being near the back? Then to hear her interview where she said she was dragging her brakes so as not to run up on the pack---WHY--as the idea of pack racing is to stay WITH the pack--just dont know what SHR is telling her to do? I bet they keep her at the back in the 500 race as well, but just hope she doesnt get lapped and look bad for not competing? I liked it when she commented "maybe the backup car will be faster" as her reg car is/was a dog, slow as it was, although they said they found some speed but couldnt really tell? Overheating still a problem though for lots of cars mainly the chevys? 8-)

Return to Danica