FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So I seen

<<

jamo14

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: So I seen

never heard Michael Andretti or Randy Bernard trash Danica during this offseason, only that they have to move on w/o her.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh Schmoopy, I didn't even get in on this discussion. I just told you about qualifying for the Daytona 500 and why they run the Duels! I don't know anything about IRL, not my cup of tea. I have a hard enough time trying to keep up with NASCAR! :lol:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:41 pm

actually Paulino I like getting my info from you when it comes to the Indy side of things. You seem to give a straight forward presentation of such facts & not a one sided view of things.
A thought I had after reading some of your posts here, is not only does it take away from her abilities this last switching back & forth & not focusing on just one type of car, but since Andretti knew she wasnt gonna be around next season it basically maakes that team new this coming season. I am sure the equipment is the same for her & her teammates, but the talent behind the wall is what I would question. Why put your best guys on a team that is gonna be new the next year. For that matter why not take some of the talent & put it on the other team. Now you would know better than my assumptions, but I wouldnt be surprised if this was the case. Kinda like Mark Martin Last year. he ended up with the worst CC of the 4 at HMS, because they were being replaced the following year.
Anyways, the point I was making about you & your Indy info is, you seem to give it a fair accessment. Stats never tell a whole story, so I always listen more to the realistic fans of a sport & what they seen over look at these stats approach.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 pm

racer1 wrote:Whatever you think of Tony Eury Jr is your opinion but he's the one liiterally who taught her how to drive a stock car as she had never been in one before the 2010 ARCA race in her life. Danica swears by him and so does everyone else concerning Danica, even Tony S giving him that credit for doing a great job with her, so he cant be all bad> Not that it matters but I heard somewhere that his dad was not that good anymore due to his age now but have no proof of that. 8-)

Thank you Racer, for the polite reply... and I hope you will come to understand that I was teasing you about TE, Jr. I respect your opinion that you think he has done well for Danica... and perhaps you are right, in saying..."Hey, say what you will about the guy, but he WAS the guy to 1st help her, outside of Indy. :-)

Like Schmoopy said... we DO need more Indy people here to help us out. Sorry, but I quit Indy in '90 so I've been out of the loop for quite a while. LOL Back then, there was no "strategist" - just regular "pit crews and chief's" LOL But seriously... I think you Indy fans can help us understand more about Danica and the differences she faces ahead of her. :-) Thanks for letting us know, such small details, as the correct title of who Danica spoke to, during an Indy race. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:24 am

racer prime example of tony stewart, i stand by my statement about the talent pool, why does everyone come to nascar? it is where the money is at and the talent, any given sunday there are at least 25 drivers who can win in nascar, indy, maybe 7 at best, indy has become a joke, either penske or ganassi win, sprinkled in with maybe 3 different drivers , the only true indy driver to have success in nascar is tony stewart, because most indy drivers cant hang, its a fact.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 pm

I am a pretty big Indycar fan. Tony Stewart was the first driver I followed in the IRL. Then when he came to NASCAR, I didn't really have a driver. But then I choosed Sam Hornish Jr. After Sam came to NASCAR I choosed to follow Danica Patrick (who I thought would never leave the IRL). Most people in the IRL will say that Danica was a hard nosed competitor. She raced hard, and showed talent, but alot of times the car wasn't there for her. Her race strategists from the past would say that she would probably get down on her team when something went wrong alot (the Indy incident a few years back when she tore her team a new one is a prime example. She was always able to bring a car home has she held the longest streak in the IRL without a DNF (40 races which is a ton in the IRL).

This season I guess I will follow Francitti, but the IRL unlike NASCAR doesn't seem to make any progress.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

racer1

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Dario is a good guy and a champion, but surprisingly some are tired of him winning the championship just like those who loved to see J Johnson NOT win it this last season--fans are fickle sometimes.

Dario was thrown in to Nascar Cup with little experience and he failed badly and his sponsors left, but he went back to Indycar and now has won the Championships again proving how great he is. Similar fo san Hornish but they put him in NNS and now after bounding back and forth he finally won a NNS race--it isnt easy. Course mentioning talent since only a few open wheel drivers have came to Nascar and won, how many Nascar drivers could go into Indycar with no experience and win--same scenario--just depends. BTW there are way more then 7 good drivers in Indycar capable of winning today, especially with them having way more R/S
courses then ever.

I'll be looking in on Indycar to see how Dario and a few others are doing but thats the extent of it for me now that Danicas gone. 8-)
<<

futura64

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm no great Dario fan, but dang I hate to see anybody get as bum wrapped as he has about his foray into Nascar. Actually he is a pretty cool guy and a heck of a driver. He won the indycar championship for Michael Andretti in 2007. That was his contract year. Chip Ganassi saw his chance, and signed him, the defending Champion. The problem was, Dan Wheldon was driving for Chip and had one more year on his contract. So, Chip put Dario in an NNS car. It has always been my opinion Chip never intented for Dario to drive in NNS for more than one season before he replaced Dan with him, back in IndyCar. THEN this happened at Taladega just a few races into the season. Gunselman T-Boned him.

-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEuEmOPNCbA

Dario was out like about 6 weeks with a severely fractured left ankle. When he came back, Chip said there were sponsorship issues and could not fund the team out of his back pocket. The 40 team was shut down.
My opinion has always been Chip told Dario just to sit tight and wait till next year. When next year (2009) came, Chip had Dario back in an Indycar. What has Dario done since then? He has won the Indycar Championships for Chip in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
BudmaninTx
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Dario raced fulltime Cup not nw, but he did manage to steal seat tume from my buddy Bryan Clauson in nw.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

futura64

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks Smokeshow14 for rattling these old clogged memory banks of mine. :) I stand corrected. As soon as I read your reply, I sat here thinking to myself, "Of course, Geez how stupid I feel, because I now remember thinking at the time it a bit unusual he was jumping right in to cup."
BudmaninTx
Previous

Return to Danica