FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica has a guaranteed spot for the Daytona 500?

<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: Danica has a guaranteed spot for the Daytona 500?

"And If she had problem with car Zippy finds problem. Zippy is great person, great teacher and great crew chief."

Listen to his interview when he as much says he doesnt know why the car is slower then it was in practice? Perhaps the reason JGR didnt fight to keep him was because he simply isnt that good as he once was with Tony yrs ago, as Logano has alot of experience and yet did nothing to bragg about with Zippy, now did he??

Also using that "Danica is with a new team" is crap and you know it. Danica knows how to drive a track like Daytona as mentioned but she cant do much with a car that doesnt have the speed. Daytona is not a track where a driver has to do anything but hold their foot on the floor as Ryan even said in an interview. IF the car isnt fast--then its a car problem and Zippy clearly doesnt know whats wrong? Then of course a big worry is the overheating problem all of them with chevys are having.

My concen is Nascar and everyone is using Danica for all they can get from her, but the real Nascar fans who may be "on the fence" not knowing whether to like her or not, are seeing the negative side of this merger deal and the negative media people are just loving anything like buying her way in the Daytona 500 or now this poor qualifying effort to put her down. I just cant understand why she allows herself to be put in these situations as she clearly either has poor advisors or she isnt thinking it through or doesnt care, but a young Danica I watched with the fire to compete would never allow herself to be bought and sold like this merger deal, legal or not, or have a slow turtle of a car and just smile about it and tell the media its OK--thats crap.

Maybe Iam wrong for worrying about how she is perceived, but she represents other females and young ones whether she wants to or not and everything she does is under the microscope feeding ammunition to those wanting and hoping she fails. The bad part is when it gets so bad her sponsor starts suffering for it, and they dump her over it, will there be another ready to jump in? There is no Peak decal on her cars this yr that Ive seen so they already have cut funding for her apparently--whos next?

Its nice that some are defending Danica/SHR etc over all this and making excuses for a slow car etc, but it cant hide the reality of how she is looked at and thats the truth here? OH well --the bright spot Iam looking forward to is her NNS crew who does know how to give her a fast car for Daytona may be the best part of this Daytona weekend coming up?

BTW--I wont complain here anymore as it is what it is from here on out. Its her life and her career and if she cant see the problems then as a fan all I can do is wish her well and hope for the best regardless. 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 pm

complain all you want................... but you can never again judge the ryan fans, because you do the same thing....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm

michaeljohn wrote:complain all you want................... but you can never again judge the ryan fans, because you do the same thing....

I wouldnt call it the same thing. Ryan fans are complaining about stuff that has been going on for 3 years. Racer is complaining after almost a week.

BTW racer a couple small points.
Maybe Danica did do something that scrubbed some speed, & Zippy doesnt feel the need to throw her under the bus to the media.
Maybe Zippy isnt getting good enough feedback from our brand new to cup driver, to make the proper adjustments.
Or Maybe they just missed it on the set up for what they were expecting track conditions to be. This happens to the best teams, so it would be understandable for a brand new team with a brand new driver entering cup.
Maybe Tony or Ryan should take a ride in her car, if she continues to be slower, to see if she is close to what they are doing.
You say you came from the open wheel side, so lets remember when Al Unser Jr. missed the race for the Indy 500. That didnt mean Penske didnt care to give him good enough equipment, nor did it mean that Penske was a bad organzation.

Back to MJ. this is ton different. Ryan fans are upset with TG because he has a 3 yr track record of not getting it done. Racer is upset with Zippy & the whole sky is falling from a single day. LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 pm

[quote="racer1]

BTW--I wont complain here anymore as it is what it is from here on out. [/quote]

Oh thank God. Your opinions & posts are as welcome as the next guy's...but I won't miss the bad talk about SHR & Tony's site that Animink has created. :-)

I like your Danica info that you possess... but some days, it's hard to read your posts to get the info, without raising the ol' B.P. LOL

We understand that you're angry about Danica's position, as it's starting out to be... but things can change in a day. The whole agreement for Danica this year in CUP is to gain practice and nothing else. This year is just about getting her acclimated to tracks and different COT'S plus giving her a chance to rub shoulders with the other guys on the track and see how well she and others will play nice. As someone mentioned, if you want to see her "race" - watch in the Nationwide Series. If you want to see her get her toes wet, watch her Cup. But please don't expect her past in Indy & NW to compare to the Cup series.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 pm

dude, i just paraphrase things, because im not going to sit here and break down something someone types, racer didnt like how ryan fans complained, so im just saying he can complain about all he wants, but cant judge people because he feels or thinks differently, my days of writing long responses are done.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:38 pm

michaeljohn wrote:dude, i just paraphrase things, because im not going to sit here and break down something someone types, racer didnt like how ryan fans complained, so im just saying he can complain about all he wants, but cant judge people because he feels or thinks differently, my days of writing long responses are done.

Yeah I knew what you were saying Image Loosen up brother.
I am with ya.
I just have fun with crazy posts sometimes.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:33 pm

First off Danica knows how to run this Daytona track better then most as per her Indycar background holding it close to the line all the way around as her NNS CC has said and she almost got the pole in her NNS car doing so--and she beat Edwards in both races last season qualifying. Apparently you guys dont want to do anything but blame Danica, course when its Ryan not doing well--god forbid-- then its never his fault--get a clue--this car is a slow dog of a car because Zippy cant figure out whats wrong--end of story.

I can just imagine the ranting and whinning if Ryan was that slow, course he wasnt great, but better then 30th for sure as they improved his car alot from practice where Danica's WAS slower--hence--they messed something up.. They should ask her NNS CC Tony Eury JR to come show them how to fix it as her NNS car will be fast for sure as it always is at Daytona and thats the bright spot Iam looking for this weekend. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:17 pm

racer1 wrote:First off Danica knows how to run this Daytona track better then most as per her Indycar background holding it close to the line all the way around as her NNS CC has said and she almost got the pole in her NNS car doing so--and she beat Edwards in both races last season qualifying. Apparently you guys dont want to do anything but blame Danica, course when its Ryan not doing well--god forbid-- then its never his fault--get a clue--this car is a slow dog of a car because Zippy cant figure out whats wrong--end of story.

I can just imagine the ranting and whinning if Ryan was that slow, course he wasnt great, but better then 30th for sure as they improved his car alot from practice where Danica's WAS slower--hence--they messed something up.. They should ask her NNS CC Tony Eury JR to come show them how to fix it as her NNS car will be fast for sure as it always is at Daytona and thats the bright spot Iam looking for this weekend. :roll:

I like how you speak for us Ryan fans. As a Ryan fan, if the car was one of the slowest would I be concerned. Sure. A little. (it isnt Ryan's 1st time in a cup car at daytona) but I wouldnt have made a big deal about it, since it will be irrelivant in the race. I would be more worried about how it felt to Ryan & who Ryan would be partnering up with in the race. As these things will be relivant in the race. Where you start at the plate tracks is one of the least important things to worry about. Danica fans shouldnt be worried about the speed in the car, but how it handles for her in a pack. I never put any stock into qualifying for plate races anyways. Except for those that need to get in on speed, it doesnt matter. If she is gonna work with Tony during the race, they are just gonna drop back to the back for most of the race anyways. The only importance to plate qualifying (except for the pole winner) is for pit stalls, & the pit stalls are huge at all plate tracks so it really isnt a concern either.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

To be clean I am not a Danica fan, I actually have a different name for her but since family site I refrain. Having said that she is starting to grow on me. I seriously do not understand the concern over her qualifying time. Yes, Zippy was concerned but things he's the competition director as well as her race strategist. I know that is just really in name only, since based on what NASCAR says Baldwin is the listed CC. I know it is just semantics. What I do know is not just semantics is that from what I read on Sunday, NASCAR tightened up things regarding the deal and maybe that has affected a few things I do not know.

What I really do not understand is getting all hot and bothered about her qualifying. She's in the race, everyone knew she would not be trying for the pole so frankly qualifying just sets the dual races. Now if she is slow on Thursday then feel free to freak out a bit.

On a side note regarding her PEAK sponsorship:

Meet Joe Peak + NASCAR is nearly here!
Posted by Joe Peak on Mon, Feb 06, 2012 @ 09:00 AM
Welcome to PEAK Auto Shop Talk ! I'm Joe Peak, resident gear head of PEAK Performance. Since the guys here at PEAK think I'm a motor-mouth, we figured a blog might be a great place for me to talk about cars, trucks and anything else with an engine! At PEAK Auto Shop Talk, you’ll find the latest auto-industry news, tips, and of course everything PEAK. But, hey, don’t worry; I’m not here to just talk about PEAK stuff. I’ll also be talking about racing, sports, camping, and anything that catches my interest.

You can also keep up with us on our Facebook page, or by following us on Twitter. If you want to reach me with questions or comments about the blog or PEAK, feel free to email me at JoePeak@oldworldind.com.

With the Daytona 500 right around the corner, everyone in our office is getting excited for NASCAR. PEAK is proud to again be sponsoring Danica Patrick, and we wish her the best of luck this season! As you may have seen on our Facebook page, we’re also sponsoring Paul Menard in the Daytona 500! We’re thrilled to be working with Paul, and we know he’s going to do big things this season.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm

When are pit locations chosen for 500? I'm drawing a blank.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Lizard wrote:When are pit locations chosen for 500? I'm drawing a blank.

after qualifying is decided. whoever is 1st that CC picks what stall he wants & then the 2nd guy picks & so on.
Dont know when they will post the pitstall selections though.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I think they have to run the Duels, and the order of finish in the Duels is the order of the pit stall selection and how they line up for the Daytona 500. Qualifying last Sunday was only for the front row of the 500 and for the others it is the order that they will line up in the Duels. Then where they finish in the duels is the order for pit selection and line up for the 500. Where they qualified Sunday is NOT the line up for the 500. Fox use to have a song about all that goes into qualifying for the 500, but it was really kinda stupid and I can't remember it. :roll: :?: :roll: so where All the drivers start on Thursday is just for starting line up in the duels, where they end is the 500 line up. So all the drivers can move up or down in the lineup, depending how well they race in the duels. SO COOL YOUR JETS, the only spots guaranteed RIGHT NOW is the front row....... :)ONCE AGAIN RACER 1 HASN 'T A CLUE

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Danica fans shouldnt be worried about the speed in the car, but how it handles for her in a pack.

Pack racing in IndyCar kills Dan Wheldon, last year. Pack racing in IndyCar is faster and more dangerous.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Annalee wrote:I think they have to run the Duels, and the order of finish in the Duels is the order of the pit stall selection and how they line up for the Daytona 500. Qualifying last Sunday was only for the front row of the 500 and for the others it is the order that they will line up in the Duels. Then where they finish in the duels is the order for pit selection and line up for the 500. Where they qualified Sunday is NOT the line up for the 500. Fox use to have a song about all that goes into qualifying for the 500, but it was really kinda stupid and I can't remember it. :roll: :?: :roll: so where All the drivers start on Thursday is just for starting line up in the duels, where they end is the 500 line up. So all the drivers can move up or down in the lineup, depending how well they race in the duels. SO COOL YOUR JETS, the only spots guaranteed RIGHT NOW is the front row....... :)ONCE AGAIN RACER 1 HASN 'T A CLUE

Thanks, I didn't think they were picked until after the duels but being that Daytona is different from all other races and they keep changing things wanted to make sure. That is why I was thinking big deal about qualifying unless you are trying to get the pole. As I said before I have never been a Danica fan but she is growing on me since she is showing true realization that open wheel and stock car are very different in style and skill.

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Lizard, You are certainly welcome. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Previous

Return to Danica