FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So I seen

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:50 pm

So I seen

on another board, someone claiming none of Danica's ex CC's has good things to say about her driving. Right now I classifed this as haterade, but it did raise a question to me.
What does other CC's that have worked with her in Indy cars think/say about her?
Now I know she isnt as good as a lot of her fans would like to think, & I know she is no where near as bad as the fans that dont like her claim as well. I am sure she will land right around the middle of the two. But too those that followed her in the open wheel series. Do you know of any links of what her exCC's are saying about her, now that they arent working with her. I assume they will always play nice with their words to the media while they work together.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: So I seen

Go ask Tony Eury Jr, her NNS CC what he thinks of her?

Far as Indycar, are you actually looking to find something bad or good? If you're looking to find nasty comments then Indycar is the right place. Imagine Dale Jr leaving Nascar--how would they take it? Course the big difference is Nascar has lots of big name and popular drivers--Indycar only had the one-Danica> Most in Indycar now are saying eveything within the boundarys of slander etc to discredit her Indycar career as she left them and that makes them look bad for sure. Therefore lots of articles from the CEO R Bernard to M Andretti saying how she didnt matter much etc etc, when all they are doing is trying to convince themselves her being gone now wont matter. No-one ever drew as much attention to that low rated dull and boring series as she did and was known as "the face of Indycar" for 7 yrs and now she left them so they are crying about it. The fans voted her MPD for a reason her entire 7 yr career and now they are saying she drew all the attention from the winners and champions--boo hoo. You cant force the GP or the fans to like someone and Indycar will find that out now that shes gone.

If anyone in Indycar had any class they would wish her well and say good things as they know they will never have another "Danica" in their series and they will struggle to find someone that the fans, the GP and the media care about enough to draw attention to the low rated Indycar series. Also as she continues to draw attention, only now from a bigger arena in Nascar, them trashing her only makes them look pathetic--end of story.

To answer your question though, Danica was hard to work with in Indycar, as she knew who she was and the power she had and she didnt accept a bad car as I mentioned earlier, as she told her CC etc how she felt, but usually the car got better. The facts are, big named owners like Penske and Ganassi have said it long ago--if she had a faster car she would easily have won more races, but AA was never as fast, so she didnt. Indycars are stuck to the track and its mostly about the cars speed on ovals and AA was always lagging behind for the most part with not having enough speed. Nascar on most tracks is about the driver so she has to learn that moreso, but whether she starts yelling at the CC once shes used to them over a bad car is yet to be seen? She has done it in NNS though over the radio telling the CC "she doesnt like that setup" as the media has even showed. Thats why iam somewhat wondering why she didnt say more about the slow Cup car in qualifying, but she is brand new there, and we also dont know that she didnt say something behind the scenes away from the cameras as she usually does? Oh well--give it time--as they do work for her as she has the $$$'s, paying their salarys just like in Indycar?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Well to side step all the other stuff you wrote.
I am not looking for bad or good. Just whatever it is the her ex-CrewChiefs think of her. (whatever that is)
BTW are they called Crew chiefs in Indy cars? I never really paid attention if they are or not.
I am not interested in hearing from the Nascar people she has worked with, because she is still working with all of them. In Nascar you wont hear a bunch of bad talk of their driver while they still work together. Example, Addington didnt bash Kurt Busch. Actually, I still dont think he has.

So if I get what your saying in short is her ex Crew Chiefs do bash her? I just figured the guy posting was making it up. I dont know even how many she has had, but does any of them talk good about her Indy career?

As far as most popular driver goes. That cant be surprising. She is the most looked up racer in the world!
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well to side step all the other stuff you wrote.
I am not looking for bad or good. Just whatever it is the her ex-CrewChiefs think of her. (whatever that is)
BTW are they called Crew chiefs in Indy cars? I never really paid attention if they are or not.
I am not interested in hearing from the Nascar people she has worked with, because she is still working with all of them. In Nascar you wont hear a bunch of bad talk of their driver while they still work together. Example, Addington didnt bash Kurt Busch. Actually, I still dont think he has.

So if I get what your saying in short is her ex Crew Chiefs do bash her? I just figured the guy posting was making it up. I dont know even how many she has had, but does any of them talk good about her Indy career?

As far as most popular driver goes. That cant be surprising. She is the most looked up racer in the world!

I think the crew chiefs that know which side the bread is buttered on will never bad mouth anyone. One may need a job in the future so why blow an opportunity with just being a jerk. I've read alot of articles about Steve Addington and he hasn't bashed either one of the Busch boys. The is just good business keeping your opinions to ones self.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:26 pm

THE only thing I'd ask Tony Eury, Jr for... is to pass me a beer, please. LOL If he gave me the time of day, I'd check the time myself. LOL

Other than that... well let's just say I think the man is mentally challenged and perhaps "got in and stays in" NASCAR is from his family roots. I don't know that for a fact - but it's my best guess as to the mystery of his reappearance each year, in one series or another.

Last November in N/W - T.E. Jr. got fined - same story as chad & the 48 - for Danica's car, only he got fined & put on probation.

I could go on... but my point is... should we REALLY ask T.Eury Jr ? ? Seriously? If you think yes... then you really are new to the sport. LOL

Not trying to spar with you, Racer... but this is how we exchange idea's and opinions. :-) I think you've been doing a much better job, at laying off the insults and proceeding with your opinion lately. Remember this board is read by 100's of people ... and one never knows exactly how many people read and agree with you... but just never post. Don't stop posting ... just pls be respectful is all, a lot of us ask. :-)

As for the post of haters out there... sigh... I'm afraid there always will be. "She shouldn't be in a mans sport /// she's just trying to get attn /// she's just in it for the money" and so on. As long as some nerd in his mom's basement has a keyboard and internet access... there will always be critics. Celebrities have lots of different ways of handling them - from ignoring them to fighting with them... and I'd have to say that Danica has always put on a good face for the media, in regards to her "haters" out there.

Oh and Schmoop? Indy Car Crew Chiefs are called Crew Chiefs. :-)

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm

smokieonefour wrote:THE only thing I'd ask Tony Eury, Jr for... is to pass me a beer, please. LOL If he gave me the time of day, I'd check the time myself. LOL

Other than that... well let's just say I think the man is mentally challenged and perhaps "got in and stays in" NASCAR is from his family roots. I don't know that for a fact - but it's my best guess as to the mystery of his reappearance each year, in one series or another.

Last November in N/W - T.E. Jr. got fined - same story as chad & the 48 - for Danica's car, only he got fined & put on probation.

I could go on... but my point is... should we REALLY ask T.Eury Jr ? ? Seriously? If you think yes... then you really are new to the sport. LOL

Not trying to spar with you, Racer... but this is how we exchange idea's and opinions. :-) I think you've been doing a much better job, at laying off the insults and proceeding with your opinion lately. Remember this board is read by 100's of people ... and one never knows exactly how many people read and agree with you... but just never post. Don't stop posting ... just pls be respectful is all, a lot of us ask. :-)

As for the post of haters out there... sigh... I'm afraid there always will be. "She shouldn't be in a mans sport /// she's just trying to get attn /// she's just in it for the money" and so on. As long as some nerd in his mom's basement has a keyboard and internet access... there will always be critics. Celebrities have lots of different ways of handling them - from ignoring them to fighting with them... and I'd have to say that Danica has always put on a good face for the media, in regards to her "haters" out there.

Oh and Schmoop? Indy Car Crew Chiefs are called Crew Chiefs. :-)

Well I never know. I think in F-1 they are called cpu geeks or simply your majesty LOL.
(just kidding to all you F-1 fans, dont beat me)

BTW anyone that thinks Danica is "trying" to get attention has no clue what is going on. She doesnt have to try. She simply walks out to where someone can see her & she gets attention. If anything she might be trying to not get attention. Image
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgal

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I just wanna say; Great to see Danica in the Sprint series, and glad she's with Stewart/Haas ;)
wolfgal
<<

futura64

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Actually, If you are referring to the primary guy the driver talks with on the radio during the course of a race, THAT guy is referred to as the RACE STRATEGIST in Indycar.
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Whatever you think of Tony Eury Jr is your opinion but he's the one liiterally who taught her how to drive a stock car as she had never been in one before the 2010 ARCA race in her life. Danica swears by him and so does everyone else concerning Danica, even Tony S giving him that credit for doing a great job with her, so he cant be all bad> Not that it matters but I heard somewhere that his dad was not that good anymore due to his age now but have no proof of that. 8-)

BTW--talking about indycar, everytime Danica had a good yr for Andretti the next yr M Andretti took some of her team personnel Strategist etc and gave him to HIS son Marco as he was his priority even though the Godaddy moneys was paying for most of his team per reports! Lots of people were wondering where Danicas good people went after she had a good yr and then not so good? Godaddy always over paid for Danica as they wanted to make sure she had the best. There are more rumors then that saying M andretti pocketed alot of it and other rumors not worth mentioning now, but I wouldnt want to work with him knowing what Ive heard over the yrs following Indycar a long time.> I was just glad to see Danica leave AA for sure. BTW--Indycar has the team Strategist as said, often the owner or team manager but also have 2 others on her radio like the engineer and chief mechanic who is like a car boss, but the strategist calls the races. She had a good one in a guy nicknamed Ziggy and she did well with him, then next yr he was gone to another team, just how M Andretti did things.
Last edited by racer1 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:48 am

Car Boss & Race Strategist. Hmm.... For some reason I was thinking it wasnt Crew Chief, but honestly didnt know.

See Annalee, you are trying to steer me wrong young Lady. Shame on you. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 am

Crew chief in IndyCar? They are Race Engineer and Race Strategist. Race Engineer's duties is car setup and etc. Race Strategiest's duties is tactics. Kim Green, Tom Anderson and Ziggy Harcus was her engineers and Michael Andretti was her strategist. I do not rembember names others.. They said some good things about her driving. Michael said some bad things about last year..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 am

she had a off year last yr, yea she may have finished in the top ten, but i feel the talent pool isnt as steep as it is in nascar, thats not a reflection on her, i watched most races and she was hanging in the low 20's, so who knows if it was, the car, kinda stopped watching indy in the mid 90's when the greats started to retire....
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 am

michaeljohn wrote:she had a off year last yr, yea she may have finished in the top ten, but i feel the talent pool isnt as steep as it is in nascar, thats not a reflection on her, i watched most races and she was hanging in the low 20's, so who knows if it was, the car, kinda stopped watching indy in the mid 90's when the greats started to retire....

It is very hard being succesful one week starts in IndyCar, next in Nationwide, next in IndyCar, etc. Big diffenrences between IndyCar and NASCAR cars and styles.. And all Andretti drivers had many troubles last year..

Three weeks ago, Michael said Danica told him she would not return in January 2011.. She did not try to better herself once she knew she was leaving..
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:13 pm

"Three weeks ago, Michael said Danica told him she would not return in January 2011.. She did not try to better herself once she knew she was leaving.."

That had nothing to do with anything or Danicas performance, and M Andretti is like the rest now saying anything he can to make her look bad, shows the low class of Indycar people. Danica doesnt quit trying to compete but AA switched her team around and took the best people to other teams and therefore she struggled more her last yrs. As I said the problem for them is no-one is as popular as she is regardless and she is taking that to Nascar as we've seen and they are trying to make it like she doesnt matter or didnt, while we all know better--but so do they really.. If AA had faster cars she would have more wins as she challenged in many races with the crowds cheering, but couldnt catch those Penske or Ganassi cars in the lead.

Far as the talent pool being less then in nascar Iam sure Indycar drivers would argue that or challenge that? Lets see a nascar driver drive an Indycar at 220 mph inches apart for hrs knowing if they touch its going to be a disaster, as opposed to Nascar where touching & bumping etc is standard and doesnt hurt much, unless its severe. The Indycar talent pool had greatly increased in recent yrs along with the number of drivers and therefore Danica had a tougher time competing. She especially had more trouble on the R/S courses with more competition and driving those cars without power steering through those courses hindered her compared to the men who even complained their muscles etc ached for days after a race. She had done Ok on those courses prior to there not being so many drivers as in recent yrs more and tougher competition. On ovals she did well as she always has done and finishing in the top 10 in season points again as she did for 6 of her 7 yrs in Indycar (12th as a rookie) so not too bad. Danica ran 115 races, 1 win, 20 top 5's and 63 top 10's, 3 poles, and top 10 or better every yr in the Indy500 including a 3rd and 4th as a rookie setting records there and leading laps setting records as well there. She also holds the record of 50 races without a DNF so her strength is saving the cars, course in Nascar not so much. Ive checked and not alot of male drivers have had that success on average with top 10's every yr etc so not as bad as some make it sound and for sure better then any female driver in history, and why she is the most successfull female driver in history of Indycar. There are several female drivers in Indycar today and over the past yrs but none could even make top 15 in points or even come close to comparing with Danicas stats.

Danica has said the Indycars were more physically demanding on her but the nascars with power steering are easier but yet harder to drive as so many things change all the time but she loves that and the bumping etc now. How she does in Nascar is yet to be seen but if her career ended today she has nothing to be ashamed about as she is rich, famous, popular and has it all--not to shabby for a 5' tall 100 lb girl competing in predominatly mens sport and now "the good ole boys" will be dealing with her. 8-)
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

racer1 wrote:If AA had faster cars she would have more wins as she challenged in many races with the crowds cheering, but couldnt catch those Penske or Ganassi cars in the lead.

Problem with AA is Michael Andretti. Poor manager, bad leadership..

racer1 wrote:Danica ran 115 races, 1 win, 20 top 5's and 63 top 10's, 3 poles, and top 10 or better every yr in the Indy500 including a 3rd and 4th as a rookie setting records there and leading laps setting records as well there. She also holds the record of 50 races without a DNF so her strength is saving the cars, course in Nascar not so much. Ive checked and not alot of male drivers have had that success on average with top 10's every yr etc so not as bad as some make it sound and for sure better then any female driver in history, and why she is the most successfull female driver in history of Indycar. There are several female drivers in Indycar today and over the past yrs but none could even make top 15 in points or even come close to comparing with Danicas stats.

Nice, I am know this facts.. I think more important facts in team internal duels are: 2006 - she beats Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Rice, 2009 - she beats IndyCar champion Tony Kanaan..

About DNF's - she had only 11 DNF's (8 crashes, 2 mechanical problems, 1 out of fuel) from 115 races..

Little question - this reply was for me or others, because you quote me and I am Danica fan, you need not write her stats for me, because I know it..
Next

Return to Danica