FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

48 CONFISCATED

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: 48 CONFISCATED

Well.... having 'been in charge' before... I know that if any employees below me, mess up, it's my feet that are on the carpet. Same with Chad. There has to be a person in charge... someone accountable.

My GUESS ... is that Chad knows his teams ( pit and shop) so well that perhaps he's leaving them "unattended" or "assuming" they will do the right thing. I've made that same mistake myself - and paid for it. Lesson learned - be more diligent.

But some of the stuff on here ( welcome different opinions - not wrong - LOL ) is a little over the edge. The article provides zero proof that Chad himself went in there and installed some parts. Please. The thought of Chad signing off on illegal parts, or an OK with a wink just doesn't seem to make common, logical sense. One can think it, believe it ( that Chad would do it )... but it doesn't make it a fact.

I also remember the window fiasco... and Chad's fingerprints were not on it, the gloves didn't fit... but he took the fall, as the accountable person. Same for Gordon's "T-Rex" ... but not as harshly... mainly because it passed PRE-inspection and people were not doing their inspection jobs and it slid thru.

I don't particularly care for Chad... but I don't like to see a guy railroaded either. As Schmoopy mentioned... car crew chiefs, have been stretching the line, interpreting rules, and looking for and edge for as long as the sport has existed. It's practically expected of them. Check the history. Nothing new here.

And for the record, in case there is anybody alive who doesn't know this... Jimmy and Tony are very good friends. Tony has been happy for JJ's wins... and JJ has been extremely gracious in his handing over the title. :-) So I'm not buying any of the "Chad and Jimmie just can't stand that Tony won" stuff. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

It doesnt matter about the car failing insp, it happens. I do think a rift is forming between Johnson and his CC over several things, as its tough to be a "five time" and then not be. Johnson has blamed himself far as the media etc for doing poorly in the chase recently, but we dont really know whats going on behind the scenes<> 8-)
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Chad is the cc. He doesn't need to touch anything. Just give his approval. If an employee had done something to the car without Chad's knowledge and approval we would have seen the press release about Hendrick firing that person or people.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Chad cheating ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure the #99 and #14 were legal all last season long,#### i'm sure the whole top 20 are now as we speak!
Last edited by wolfgang on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:28 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Chad is the cc. He doesn't need to touch anything. Just give his approval. If an employee had done something to the car without Chad's knowledge and approval we would have seen the press release about Hendrick firing that person or people.

We still might ( or may ). The ink aint dried on this story yet. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:55 am

...and this is why they will win again this year...Super Chad is back in the game... ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 am

smoke14rulez wrote:...and this is why they will win again this year...Super Chad is back in the game... ;) :lol:

Nah, don't think so. JJ's reign is over.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:01 am

This might just be a fantasy but I see a change of crew chief with the 48. It was noticable last year on the radio that JJ was not a happy camper with Chad and perhaps the shine has worn off the relationship. It does happen when all of a sudden when one or the other gets cranky. Perhaps Chad forgot Jimmie is a big boy and does have a brain or two of his own. We just might hear a rumor or two during silly season.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Sounds like it's going to be a big penalty after the 500. Helton says Knaus's past didn't makes them "sracth their heads" and that this warrantsa reaction moreso than what you've ever seen. That translates into a big penalty.

This reminds me of Sonoma 2007, Chad was out for 6 races.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:31 pm

I think Chad is keeping Nascar honest! (ahh the irnoy of that statement LOL)
I saw on TV today that the 48 team says the parts would have fit the claw (the template Nascar uses) So Chad apparently worked on an area that isnt being regulated. Nascar just noticed it to be different. In which case I would say it wasnt cheating. if there wasnt a rule against it, then Chad was doing what CC are suppose too. Find an advantage.
Now I am sure Nascar will still react to the attempt of trying to outsmart Nascar, & they will fine him (from the sounds of things). But if what I heard on TV today is true, then I would disagree with the fine. I am sure rule changes are coming or template changes, but as of when it happened. Doesnt sound like the rules were actually broken. (just taken advantage of)
Keep in mind, I am not a JJ/48 fan at all, & really dont like Chad, but if you were trying to be openminded to the (allegid) facts. If I were on a jury I would say not guilty.
Then I would look at SHR guys & say why didnt you think of that LOL

Just remember
You read the rule book to find what's NOT in there!
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 pm

I see the only problem is that if your going to cheat, Chad needs to learn how to cheat BETTER :lol: :lol: You don't tell Jimmy if you win, you need to wreck the back end car, with the CAMERA on in the car and if there is a template for that area don't mess with it. And to say Chad didn't know about it, well if anyone knows anything about Chad he has a checklist for his checklists. Besides his reputation makes Chad a "target rich environment!" Nascar knows that he is going to push the envelope at Daytona. My feeling on this is that Jimmy has enough talent that Chad doesn't need to cheat. I also heard that Lowe's was not happy and that is not good. :(

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the car passed the template but that the inspectors did not like what they saw and confiscated the C-posts. I think it was Junior Johnson who said you know the rule book and tweak the areas that they do not address. I am not a big Chad fan but if he saw an area not addressed by the rule book and took advantage that is not cheating.
That being said, Chad set himself up for being watched extremely close for the remainder of his career by what he said on camera last season. I think he was already on NASCAR inspectors watch list but that just put him in their crosshairs.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Chad is keeping Nascar honest! (ahh the irnoy of that statement LOL)
I saw on TV today that the 48 team says the parts would have fit the claw (the template Nascar uses) So Chad apparently worked on an area that isnt being regulated. Nascar just noticed it to be different. In which case I would say it wasnt cheating. if there wasnt a rule against it, then Chad was doing what CC are suppose too. Find an advantage.
Now I am sure Nascar will still react to the attempt of trying to outsmart Nascar, & they will fine him (from the sounds of things). But if what I heard on TV today is true, then I would disagree with the fine. I am sure rule changes are coming or template changes, but as of when it happened. Doesnt sound like the rules were actually broken. (just taken advantage of)
Keep in mind, I am not a JJ/48 fan at all, & really dont like Chad, but if you were trying to be openminded to the (allegid) facts. If I were on a jury I would say not guilty.

Then I would look at SHR guys & say why didnt you think of that LOL

Just remember
You read the rule book to find what's NOT in there!

well said schmoopy.
if there is nothing in the rule book about it, that means there's nothing that says you can't do it.
;)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Chad did not break any rules, but what he did was an illegal modifcation. NASCAR saw something they didn't like which was a competitor trying to get an unfair advanatge on other competitors. With Chad's history, NASCAR isn't going to be too easy on him.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

So once again Michael Waltrip Racing has a car not pass inspection at Daytona. Where is everyone crying fowl about MWR racing being cheaters.

(fyi I am being sarcastic)
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing