Skip to content

DANICA PATRICK – 2017 Richmond II Race Advance

As teams head to the final race before the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series playoffs, all eyes will be on Saturday night’s Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway as teams vie for the remaining three spots in the 16-driver playoff field.

So far, 13 drivers have locked themselves into the playoffs by securing a win. The remaining three spots are currently held by drivers via their position in the point standings but, with one race to go before the start of the playoffs, there are other drivers and teams who can capitalize on one last opportunity to race their way in with a victory.

Danica Patrick and the No. 10 Warrior by Danica/HSN.com Ford Fusion team for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) will be one of the groups looking to play the spoiler role and race their way into the NASCAR playoff field Saturday night.

Patrick has nine NASCAR Cup Series starts at Richmond and her best finish to date was a 15th-place result earned in September 2016. In three NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Richmond, she finished a career-best 18th in September 2011.

In addition to her stock car experience at the track, Patrick also competed in five IndyCar Series events at Richmond. She earned a fifth-place finish at the .75-mile oval in June 2009, which is the best of her four IndyCar top-10s at the track.

As Patrick and the No. 10 team enter Saturday’s race with one more shot at making the playoffs, her No. 10 Ford will feature the branding of her Warrior by Danica Patrick clothing line and HSN.com.

While Patrick is used to the fast-paced lifestyle of a professional racecar driver, off the track she enjoys a fashionable and fitness-oriented way of life. Warrior by Danica Patrick is a lifestyle collection with a mix of active, “athleisure” and casual wear. Function, fashion and comfort is what the brand stands for with attention to detail and shape. The HSN collection, which launched in January 2017, is available at HSN.com in sizes XS to 3X and items range in price from $24.90 for Leopard Foil Print Gloves to $89.90 for the Faux Leather Jacket with Hood.

With Warrior by Danica Patrick and HSN.com on the No. 10 Ford this weekend at Richmond, Patrick and her team will be in search of a win Saturday night as they have one last chance at making the 2017 NASCAR Cup Series playoff field.

DANICA PATRICK, Driver of the No. 10 Warrior by Danica Patrick/HSN.com Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:

Your Warrior by Danica Patrick collection with HSN has been very successful since it launched in January. How excited are you to see your clothing line featured on the No. 10 Ford at Richmond with HSN.com?  

“I’ve been interested in fashion and clothes since I was a little girl. For the last 10 years, I’ve dreamed about having my own clothing line, but I was waiting for the perfect situation with the perfect partner. When HSN came along, I knew it was the right time. It’s been exciting seeing the Warrior line come together. We’ve created what I believe is really the perfect ‘athleisure’ collection that transitions through your day, no matter what you’re doing. And now it’s surreal that a project I’ve worked so hard on will be featured on my racecar this weekend. The car looks great and I can’t wait to preview the fall collection on Facebook Live at the track Saturday.”

Why did you create Warrior by Danica Patrick as an “athleisure” line?

“I’d say my go-to style is pretty much ‘athlesiure’ wear. So, that’s why Warrior, being an ‘athleisure’ line, is so authentic for me. Aside from that, I tend to wear jeans and shorts in the summer. But for the most part, I wear t-shirts, leggings, sweatshirts, hoodies and casual, loose bottoms like boyfriend jeans. ‘Athleisure’ is the perfect way to wear everything when you’re out running errands.”

What are your overall thoughts on racing at Richmond?

“I’ve always enjoyed going to Richmond. I had fun racing Indy cars there. I liked driving the Xfinity car there, as well. We didn’t have the greatest results, but it was still fun.”

What makes the racing so good at Richmond?

“When you have a good car, it creates opportunities to pass. Turns one and two are kind of tight, and three and four are more of a long corner, so it’s a challenge to set the car up. We slip and slide there a bunch, anyway. There is more grip at night and I’m thankful for that.”

There are three playoff spots on the line as the series heads to Richmond. Are you expecting anything crazy to happen, or will it be business as usual?

“I highly doubt it will be business as usual. You want to get the most points possible because those spots are open and people are going to try like hell to win the race. There is always that last great push at the end and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. There might be a few yellows.”