FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What Racer1 feared

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm

What Racer1 feared

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/D ... CAR-020312

a bit of hate press towards Danica buying her way into the 500.
I'll say this. I cant stand all the good (undeserved) press she gets just because she is Danica. I equally get annoyed when the bad press comes just to stand out, becausse she is Danica.

The guy contradicts himself all over the place.
It happens every year, but when SHR does it for Danica it is different.
It is done for different reasons but when it is for Danica it is for marketting. Uhh-Hello, all cars carry a sponsor that pays a premium to be "in" the 500. It is always about marketing.

This clown basically bashes Danica buying into the 500 for the Wow Factor, & say look at me. Meanwhile it is ok that others do it.

Keep in mind, I dont care for Danica at all, & sure wasnt happy she came to SHR, but I call it like I see it. They bought her into the 500 for the same reason, they buy other drivers/teams into the 500 every year.
But this clown paints a picture, that Racer1 feared would happen.

& now to make things worse, I am #### off, because I felt the need to defend Danica Image LOL!
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Re: What Racer1 feared

Greg Couch is a biiiiiiiiiiig pu$$y and needs to be covering runway modeling instead of ANYTHING sports related. I'd bet that if his mommy had made a deal to get him a better bicycle when he was a little snot nosed turd, THAT would've been okay, huh? :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm

This forum is a immature and childish disgrace for a forum. Calling itself a SHR forum yet mostly just trash talk about Tony the owner and now Danica or anyone who comments on exactly how things are. Like I said before--GET A LIFE. Its clear no-one is moderatng this pathetic forum but why should they when from what I see there arent even half a dozen people here with the mentality to know how to comment. All you losers do is rant about everything like you know anything about racing which is laughable as based on your comments some of you dont have a clue.

The only person everyone seems to like is Ryan who by his own stats I saw and commented on with only 2 top 10's in season points out of the last 6 seasons, by all rights he isnt good enough to even have a ride in the top series. Drivers with better stats then him dont even have a ride or are now bumped down into NNS--what a shame. Basically what that proves is, to be a favorite on this lousy forum you have to be an under-achiever, course why not, as some of the posters here certainly are infact just that.

BTW-- do the SHR owners and personnel know what a negative trashing site this is representing them? Someone should alert them to it to shut it down, as it is nothing but a nasty virus for SHR racing. Its really a shame for the few decent SHR fans that are here to have to see all this garbage, but maybe thats why not many are actually here, as this forum is like a ghost town compared to all the rest I visit, and now i know why. How sad for SHR. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:30 pm

LOL, your reading comprehension or lack there of, amazes me.
This thread is defending Danica from some bonehead article someone wrote. the article is about what you worried would happen about her, getting a bought way into the 500.
Amazing how you worry so much about her being trashed you cant even see when they are defending her.
Also find it funny you show up here in the offseason, & all of a sudden the expert about who & how this board is.
If you want to rant, go ahead. We are all allowed, but please get a clue, before going all butt hurt will ya!
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm

He says it tastes great.... he says it's less filling.

Most of us have been there - done that with arguing about a person's point of view. Just cuz we all like ice cream doesn't mean we all like each other.

Racer1 - YES... it IS watched, read and controlled. A lot of us happen to think that Animink Inc does a wonderful job... and a lot of us are grateful for this FREE forum. Some of us have been here, going on our third year. You aint our first rodeo with your ( opinionated ) unhappiness of the board. Go ahead and contact them ( Animink or phamo ) directly and unload on them...I'm sure they would appreciate your comments, as again, you're not the 1st to complain. But what you're preaching for is "control" ( that fits you ) while Tony, SHR and Animink have stated "You, the members, are in charge of this board."

I support your right to free speech, even when it's toxic and laced with venom. (( Hey, if you want to advertise to the world, how unhappy & prickly you are, Go For It! )) You have every right to post your "facts" ... just as every member has a right to post whatever they want, including opinions. If you don't like us so much.... ----> there's the door and I doubt you will be missed.

However... if you want to play nice with us in the sandbox... I feel that YOU could offer a lot to the site with your Danica info. Just... maybe... try not to be so defensive... and offensive. ? ?

Now.... back to the point of this particular blog. This will be the first time I say ( repeat Tony, actually ) this... and I'm sure it won't be the last and more than likely, I'll have to keep repeating it. LOL (( that's said with a smile & link to Schmoopy counting the days of nothing new ))

Tony said All I want to do this season with Danica is get her on some tracks and get experience.

I don't care where she places, if she crashes... this season is ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCE & ORIENTATION... and he's willing to pay for that, like "buying her way in". Danica didn't ask... she didn't buy or trade... the TEAM OWNER decided it.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm

Racer 1 you really need to learn how to read! Then after you read the post, read it again!?? Then read it one more time before you post your reply. If you don't like this forum, you don't have to read it or post on it! There are some really nice people here. FYI , I AM AN AVID TONY STEWART FAN, BUT I AM ALSO A SHR FAN, which means I will support and defend all of his drivers and team mates. As for the writer of this stupid article, Danica is laughing him all the way to the bank. He hasn't met the "Honey Badger"! This could be her motivation for the Daytona 500! Go get em Danica!!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

futura64

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 am

Schmoopy1000, I just got around to reading that article on your link above. You are certainly correct. Its chock full of a whole lot of nonsense.

Geez, I never realized Maria Sharapova ever won the MEN'S professional tennis tournament at Wimbledon. Danica certainly isn't about to run the Nascar Ladies Daytona 500, now is she.

I could go on and on with a lot of statistical stuff with which to bore you, but I will spare you, at least for now. Except maybe for this one. Way back in the late 90's when Tony Stewart began his transition from the IRL to Nascar, in his first 20 races in the Busch Series his average finish was 24.3. Danica in NNS? 23.8. A fair comparision? Probably not, for either of them. Is that a garantee of success? Certainly not. Is it an indicator of potential? You bet it is.
BudmaninTx
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:28 am

reporters are allowed to have their opinion, this how a good debate except here, someone taks it way to personal and ends up as a crying fest, people here know i dislike tony, but i keep it in threads that people dont read, i dont go to the tony said and ramble on, well maybe i did, but thats life get over it, if ya dont like what is being posted block that user, and move on.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

muskrat3

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:42 am

WOW!! First Racer1 if ya don't like the forum, oh I don't know how about, JUST GO AWAY!!!

Second, it amazes me that there is so much negative written about the TBR and SHR partnership.
Maybe I am ignorant here but. Pheonix racing just hired Kurt Bush, They were a start and park team Right? now with Bush aren't they gaurnteed a starting spot in the 500 because he has the driver points and the past championship provisional? So if an owner can "buy" a driver for points wouldn't be fair to be able to buy a car for points?
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:51 am

muskrat3 wrote:WOW!! First Racer1 if ya don't like the forum, oh I don't know how about, JUST GO AWAY!!!

Second, it amazes me that there is so much negative written about the TBR and SHR partnership.
Maybe I am ignorant here but. Pheonix racing just hired Kurt Bush, They were a start and park team Right? now with Bush aren't they gaurnteed a starting spot in the 500 because he has the driver points and the past championship provisional? So if an owner can "buy" a driver for points wouldn't be fair to be able to buy a car for points?

Driver points are irrelivant, but he does have a Champions provisional. Also Phoenix racing wasnt a Start & park team. Just an underfunded single car team. Also the 51 team are already in the top 35 in owners points (think they were 30th)
but your point is still valid. One of the reasons Bill Elliott & Terry Labonte are still racing from time to time. The guy that wrote the article was simply a bonehead, & contradicted himself all over the place in the article.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 pm

"WOW!! First Racer1 if ya don't like the forum, oh I don't know how about, JUST GO AWAY!!!"

This forum is like a childish club whereby others opinions arent welcome if they dont agree with the rest of you, so its crap because of the immature nature of this forum and those nasty posters allowed in it. I dont go away, as i have dealt with better haters then some of you by far so keep ranting as thats all some of you have apparently--too bad for that? Boo Hoo

Keep trashing Tony and Danica if it fills your petty souls, and come race time if "Mr do no wrong Ryan" finishes behind them, you can always just blame the others as we know you will. :lol:
<<

muskrat3

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:13 am

racer1 wrote:"WOW!! First Racer1 if ya don't like the forum, oh I don't know how about, JUST GO AWAY!!!"

This forum is like a childish club whereby others opinions arent welcome if they dont agree with the rest of you, so its crap because of the immature nature of this forum and those nasty posters allowed in it. I dont go away, as i have dealt with better haters then some of you by far so keep ranting as thats all some of you have apparently--too bad for that? Boo Hoo

Keep trashing Tony and Danica if it fills your petty souls, and come race time if "Mr do no wrong Ryan" finishes behind them, you can always just blame the others as we know you will. :lol:

Gee lets look at a few facts, some of us have been around since, well since the beginning, you are just some johnny come lately who didn't even join until AFTER Tony won the championship, little boy we have been here LONG before you ever came along, and guess what we will be here LONG after you move on to the next thing you want to trash.
I give alot more weight to someone who has been a member of this forum for YEARS!!, not some little twit who only Nov 28
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

racer1

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 am

SAVE IT for someone who cares.

Now I see why this small forum has such few posters as most adults like real opinions and not childish whining and crying about everything. Whos the idiots running this forum, relatives of Ryans obviously? This forum representing SHR IS a disgrace and when I see Tony here in Phx to get his autograph I'll mention this site and forum and the nasty posts about him and Danica. Maybe he will delete this garbage site and find an adult to start a real one that actually has decent content and more then 5 posters a day or just delete it as the Jr motorsports site deleted their forum long ago because of all the negativitiy. Ive never saw a team web site with so few posters on the forum & most of them bash the personel/drivers who the forum represents--- apparently no-one is running this site who cares and thats pathetic? Grow UP
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 pm

keep running with that, I think it's working for ya.........

now back to the topic at hand, I hope Danica wins the Daytona 500 this year, that'd be as equally awesome as Tony's "out of nowhere" title run during last year's Chase.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I belong to a couple of other forums where the members take the topics and themselves so seriously that all the fun has been removed from them. I very rarely post to them anymore.

That is what I like about this forum...we have some threads that are complete news items, some are more for entertainment than anything, and above all...most people don't take themselves too seriously here, that is what makes it fun.

There is something here for everybody, no matter what your personality. If you can't find something you like...then don't sign up and just move along. That is why there is the guest feature where you can see what is going on. Most forums have it that I have seen. You can't post, but you can read.
Next

Return to Danica