FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PATRICK WINS !

<<

racer1

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: PATRICK WINS !

Thanks for the link--good stuff. Ive followed her pretty much from Indycar on and realised I'd heard about her when she was very young and saw her in GoKarts etc. However, I lost track of her and never heard anything about how she did overseas other then she did well.

I think lots of her critics suggesting she didnt earn her spot even in Indycar etc simply hadnt followed her career to know she dedicated most her life to learn racing. All they talk about is this or that driver deserved a top ride because they won in a lessor series, so they deserve a top ride. The facts are winning in a lessor series, like Atlantics etc doesnt mean they will be successfull in a top tier series like Indycar, but thats what most racing critics suggest.

Doesnt matter now as Danica is who she is and where she is regardless, but nice to see those older mentions of things I never knew? thanks again.
<<

futura64

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Double Vision? No, its just Danica and her little sister Brooke. Amazing resemblence, ain't it.

danicabrookebs6.jpg
danicabrookebs6.jpg (26.89 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

Yeh--they both have that serious stare look down dont they? Thanks.

I never noticed they looked so much alike really, but now I think its due to her sister being a blonde. I saw earlier pictures of Danica and her hair wasnt as dark as it appears these days. Danica really needs to smile more though, as she has alot to be happy about you'd think.

Her sister is also a physical therapist like her husband Danica said some time ago on a late night talk show, but her sister lives in Indianapolis I think she said? Not sure where their parent are living these days, but they travel with Danica most the time anyway as her dad drives her/their RV, Danica said she lives in more then her home here.

BTW -Wonder if Brooke ever gets date offers from all the drivers Danica is around or if Danica told her or them NO way? Just kidding, but she may be quite a catch, that is if shes still single as havent saw much about her in then press?. 8-)
<<

futura64

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Yes racer1, I've seen that stare. Her detractors have too. They see that as an expression of arrogance. In truth, that is totally incorrect. She is not arrogant at all. What you see is an outward expression of her inner intense focus, concentration and determination. She often displays that expression on race day. THAT is her "Game Face." Away from the track she is the first to admit she is as "Girly" at the next.

Let's press on, shall we? We've seen Danica and glimpses of Dad and Sis on this thread. What about her Mom? This is a good interview of Bev Patrick. I think you will find it interesting and revealing.

http://w.espn.go.com/espnw/news-option/ ... g-the-ride
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 pm

More interesting stuff--never saw that before--thanks for that link. 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:02 am

I noticed they have the same eyes.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 am

futura64 wrote:Yes racer1, I've seen that stare. Her detractors have too. They see that as an expression of arrogance. In truth, that is totally incorrect. She is not arrogant at all. What you see is an outward expression of her inner intense focus, concentration and determination. She often displays that expression on race day. THAT is her "Game Face." Away from the track she is the first to admit she is as "Girly" at the next.

Let's press on, shall we? We've seen Danica and glimpses of Dad and Sis on this thread. What about her Mom? This is a good interview of Bev Patrick. I think you will find it interesting and revealing.

http://w.espn.go.com/espnw/news-option/ ... g-the-ride

I dont care for Danica, but I dont think I would ever call her arrogant in stock cars. I think she understands how large of a learning curve she is up against, to be successful in a stock car.
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 pm

THE CROWD ......... What happens when she takes the lead

-----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6X8E5sDhfk
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks--Cool stuff and I remember that well, as its one of the main things that vaulted her career into overdrive for sure. She almost won the pole, led the race for the first time for a female and then finished 4th, best ever for a female driver. Before that the best finish for a female at the 500 was both Lynn StJames and Janet Guthrie who both had a best finish of 9th. That kind of thing grabs huge attention, as it did.

There were people standing and cheering at the NNS Daytona races last yr also when she was pushed and leading those races. She is clearly very popular and part of that is because she is a 100 lb 5' tall sassy attractive female competing with the guys and "good ole boys" and while some dont like it, the majority surely does, and nascar thinks it needs that, so we'll see? 8-)
<<

futura64

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 am

This piece was a promo she shot for Versus a couple of years ago that was scripted for her I would think, but contains a lot of truth, nevertheless.
Its the ending that always cracks me up.

Click Here ---> www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7Csfn8UfA
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:10 pm

"---------Its the ending that always cracks me up."

Thanks--Never saw that one before--and the ending is the best part and so true. 8-)
<<

futura64

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Remember this from a couple of years ago?

Click Here -----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=M26RBnbOt8Y

I remember that piece, and I remember saying back to my television set ...... DW, you just joined the club. EVERYBODY underestimates Danica Patrick .............. INITIALLY.

So, what am I leading up to with this post? Stay tuned for Part 2.
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Part 2

We've had glympses of Danica's family in this thread, except for her husband, Paul Hospenthal. Long before we'd heard of Danica Patrick and before she had ever heard of him, the following article was published in Sports Illustrated about strength training among professional golfers. Check out the last two lines of page one of this article from 1998. Look at what expert is being quoted.

Your Link, Click Here -----> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

You see, Paul is not just her devoted husband, he is her personal fitness trainer. Here is quote from Eddie Gossage, President of Texas Motor Speedway. .......... He said (when Danica shakes your hand), "She crushes your fingers and rips your arm off. She is in better shape than 80% of the Cup Drivers."
BudmaninTx
Previous

Return to Danica