FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PATRICK WINS !

<<

futura64

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:16 pm

PATRICK WINS !

No, not Danica. Her dad, T. J. wins race at Eagle River, Wisc. this weekend. D just retweeted this pic a little bit ago. So proud !
This, after a 36 year lay-off from racing !!!!

TJWins01..jpg
TJWins01..jpg (85.54 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

That is soooo kewl. Not talkin' 'bout the weather either !
BudmaninTx
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: PATRICK WINS !

Look at all the snow! Was this a snow mobile race? By the way Futura 64, is your username because of Ford Falcon Futura? When I learned to drive, my grandparents bought me a brand new Falcon Futura 64, baby blue convertible, white top. It was so incredible. Loved it especially because it came from them. My favorite car, sure wished I would have kept it. I have only seen one other like mine.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

racer1

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I posted that under her pics thread as well. Notice he has her Peak sponsor on the snowmobile as well. I cant get pics to post here as I tried copy and paste and doesnt work, but oh well. I posted a link though to alot of pics from her Twitter page, including this one..

BTW --an Off topic but been looking for an answer--how come when i log in here and then leave for a hour or so I have to log in again instead of it remembering me as other forums i visit?
<<

futura64

Post Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Ha, Ha, Annalee. You guessed it ! Yes, a red '64 Falcon Futura 2 dr. Coupe was my first "REAL" car. Yes, that is a snow mobile T.J. was racing. Back in the 70's he raced moto-cross, snow mobiles and even midgets for a time. He kind of gave that all up when it came time to run his business and raise a family. You know, all that domestic stuff. In fact, snow mobile racing is where he met and married Bev, Danica's mom. She was a snow mobile mechanic ! But that is a whole 'nother story. Anyway, congrats to T.J.

Racer 1, I have the same problem. I have to enter that stuff everytime I sign on.

To post a pic, try this. (I'll see if I can explain it clear enough to understand.)

1. Just down below, click on "Post Reply"
2. Just down below, click on the tab "Upload Attachment".
3. Click the box titled "Browse"
4. A pop-up box of your computer's photo file should appear.
5. Select the pic in your file you wish to post.
6. Click on the "Open" Tab.
7. Your photo file will click off, but the name of your pic should appear below in the file name box.
8. Click on the box "Add this file." Give it time to upload.
9. Place your cursor where in the post you want the pic to go.
10. Click the "Place inline" box.
11. Click the "Submit" box.

That should do it. Good luck !
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for the advice on posting the pics as I never noticed that part of "attachments"? I shouldve noticed it though as i do send lots of pics through my email and thats through attachments also--thanks.

I knew Danicas dad did lots of types of racing but didnt know thats how he met Danicas mom as she was a mechanic--really--Interesting stuff?
BTW on that note--- Ive always thought since Danica is a female driver and there arent many, that she should give a female a chance to be on her pit crew, as that would make the media also??--wonder if she ever thought about that? Course Danica likes to blend in as one of the guys, but she still represents the female driver so she cant hide from that. 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm

why should it be her responsibility to have a woman on the pit crew? it is a very physical job, tires weigh 70lbs with air, same for the gas cans, there are plenty of men who cant handle it, im not bein sexist, it is reality.
<<

racer1

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:43 pm

I know it isnt Danicas job to hire a female on her crew, but she could mention it to Zippy, as it would be cool to see, given her high profile representing female drivers whether she wants to or not? Friends told me they've saw females on Nascar crews before so why not if they can handle it? Saying a female cant lift a 70 lb tire will get you alot of arguments given what females are achieving these days. Most her crew guys are really big guys looks like but who's that geeky kid like with the cap who she hands her helmet to and he stands/sits around alot, a female could easily do that job from what Ive seen, but not sure what his job is? Just commenting> 8-)
<<

futura64

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Female on her crew? Nah, not necessary. Nothing to prove there. I do know for a fact there was a female mechanic on one of the IRL crews this past season. We got a pic of her in the garage area. We nominated her as best looking crew member at TMS last June. I don't know if she was part of the "over the wall" crew though. I've forgotten which crew she was on, but it wasn't Danica's.
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 am

Racer1, perhaps mechanic is not the proper term. I do know she was into snow mobile traction enhancement.

I've been thinking of starting a thread on Danica. There is a lot of stuff many folks probably don't know about her. Maybe start a thread that would help people gain a little more insight into who she really is,
if you're interested in that sort of thing. What do you think?
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 pm

This is a pretty good thread on her since this site doesnt get near the action/posters that most I visit do, course once the season starts it may get busier here? I live here where she does in the Phx area, and hace followed her for a long time. I also know some reporters who know her well and Godaddy, but any inside scoop is well in the media before I hear about from them most the time. Thats why Iam on forums like this
and many others, Trackforum, Speed, ESPN etc, to get news/info etc.
EVen the local news here stays fairly quite on her except for her speeding tickets or public appearances/charitys etc, but other things they pretty much leave her alone for obvious reasons, her privacy with this being her home etc. Course she isnt here much and even less now in Nascar, but she has said she isnt moving, despite some saying she should move closer to the Nascar shops etc. .

If you want to start a new thread thats cool, but she's only in 10 races with SHR so? Trackforum just started one about her in the Nascar forum, as her Indycar thread has been removed from what I can tell.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 pm

racer1 wrote:This is a pretty good thread on her since this site doesnt get near the action/posters that most I visit do, course once the season starts it may get busier here? I live here where she does in the Phx area, and hace followed her for a long time. I also know some reporters who know her well and Godaddy, but any inside scoop is well in the media before I hear about from them most the time. Thats why Iam on forums like this
and many others, Trackforum, Speed, ESPN etc, to get news/info etc.
EVen the local news here stays fairly quite on her except for her speeding tickets or public appearances/charitys etc, but other things they pretty much leave her alone for obvious reasons, her privacy with this being her home etc. Course she isnt here much and even less now in Nascar, but she has said she isnt moving, despite some saying she should move closer to the Nascar shops etc. .

If you want to start a new thread thats cool, but she's only in 10 races with SHR so? Trackforum just started one about her in the Nascar forum, as her Indycar thread has been removed from what I can tell.

She lives in Phoenix? Uh-oh! Denny went to Arizona to get away & relax during the offseason. The rumor is he is quite the ladies man (& quite relaxed). Danica's Husband better not have let Denny over for Dinner :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 pm

" Danica's Husband better not have let Denny over for Dinner "

Danica and her husband are inseperable. She was his patient back in 2002 with a hip injury from yoga, and they became best friends before they married in 2007 and sources said back then her parents didnt really approve as he is 16 yrs older then her, but its said they have the best marriage there is, as she leans on him and he's always there for her. He is/was also very successfull as well as a physical therapist/ trainer for some major teams and stars and had his own clinic here, but when Danica's career took off they sold that business and he devotes most his time to her. We dont see or hear much about him, as he stays out of the spotlight, but he's always close by her, course so is her mom and dad and her younger sister when she can--great family. Besides Danica's main concern is racing and I doubt she ever looks at other guys, as she isnt a flirty type, course her sexy suggestive photo shoots and commercials say otherwise, but thats just business. Link for those interested.
http://marriage.about.com/od/sports/p/danicapatrick.htm

There are lots of drivers/celebs that live in this "Valley of the Sun" as its called here .
<<

futura64

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 am

Excellent material racer1. Just the sort of stuff I was talking about to let those on this site who are interested get to know who the REAL Danica is.

Here is one of the more interesting and informative interviews of her (and T.J.) I've seen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uye-2LCwO_w&feature=related
BudmaninTx
<<

racer1

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:58 am

Very cool video, cant believe Ive followed her but never saw that one--Thanks for that. I think all her critics should watch that video as it shows alot about her and her life so far and how close she remains with her family. We see so many young kids who have big success at whatever they do and then we hear they are suing their parents over money/greed etc, legal problems, marriage issues, ending up on alcohol or drugs or worse etc. Danica started young, with her parents doing everything they could for her and as reported it started in Go Karts simply as something for the family to do together. She's spent most her life to learn racing and while some say she hasnt won enough, she is the most successfull female driver in Indycar ever and most popular of all the drivers for 7 yrs, and now--its Nascar time. Even with her success's and huge popularity, her and her family are close as ever and that alone defines her character on how she was raised and maybe should be lessons learned for other familys. Whether she has success in Nascar is yet to be determined but it wont be for lack of trying, and she will fine regardless, given what she has already achieved and the support she has from her family. Lets go racing.
<<

futura64

Post Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:24 pm

So how did she do when she went off to Europe at 16 for two years to learn rear engine, open wheel racing? She found herself up against some of the very best. Didn't do too bad. It seemed to culminate in the 2000 Formula Ford Festival. That's a BIG developmental series race over there, they watch for young new talent.

The following was posted by the Brits on the net over 11 years ago. Kind of old, but that is what makes it all the more interesting now, to go back and read it.

Click Below:

http://www.motorsportcollector.com/2000 ... val01.html
BudmaninTx
Next

Return to Danica