FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stewart ready to Rumble in Fort Wayne

<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 07:27 PM PST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Fresh off a win in the All-Star race at the Indy Karting Classic on Dec. 11 at Conseco Fieldhouse, Tony Stewart will finish out the year by racing an open-wheeled midget car in the 14th annual Rumble in Fort Wayne at the Memorial Coliseum Expo Center.

The Indiana native, widely regarded as one of the world’s most versatile drivers, has entered his black No. 2 Munchkin car for both days of the indoor event on Friday, Dec. 30 and Saturday, Dec. 31. He has won a record seven times on the 1/6-mile track but will be appearing at Fort Wayne for the first time since 2008.

Stewart, 40, claimed his third career NASCAR stock car championship last month, winning five of the final 10 Sprint Cup races. He captured IndyCar and USAC Silver Crown, sprint and midget titles earlier in his career.

“I’ve always taken pride in being able to jump around in different race cars and be competitive,” Stewart said. “The Rumble in Fort Wayne is no different.

“I love running there and have always had a good time racing in Indiana in the winter in front of passionate fans.”

Stewart, a member of the National Midget Auto Racing Hall of Fame, has been almost unbeatable at Fort Wayne. His seven victories have come in only 12 feature starts dating to 1999. During a stretch from 2004-08, he won six of the eight features in which he competed. His longtime indoor teammate and car builder, Mike Fedorcak of Roanoke, Ind., also is entered in another Tony Stewart Racing Munchkin.

“It is very exciting to have the best driver in the world compete here again in Fort Wayne,” Rumble Series president Tony Barhorst said. “He will be racing against champions of many different sanctioning bodies Dec. 30-31.”

The Rumble in Fort Wayne features complete racing programs each day, with the main portion of the event after 7 p.m., and also includes winged outlaw modified midgets, non-winged mini-sprints, karts and quarter midgets. Jimmy Anderson and Dave Darland won last season’s midget features.

Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance at the Memorial Coliseum box office, through Ticketmaster or by calling 800-745-3000.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

A2Zmama

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 am

Re: Stewart ready to Rumble in Fort Wayne

I am SO jealous...all of my family on my mom's side lives in Ft Wayne.
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:59 pm

That would ba a fun event to attend. Maybe you should "pop in" on your family unexpectedly for Christmas & New year's!?! :mrgreen: Oh, by the way, while I'm here, there is this race... ;) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Looks like he's "Stateside" this year, wonder if he'll do the Chili Bowl also?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?

Return to Tony