FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darian Grubb: I'm Out Of A Job After Winning NASCAR Champion

<<

muskrat3

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Re: Darian Grubb: I'm Out Of A Job After Winning NASCAR Cham

Thank you NDunn. One thing I thing I believe EVERYONE can agree on is that we are ALL making our on asumptions.
I was a firm Grubbs backer. But a Few comments have lead me to believe that 1 there was a communication issue. Maybe Darian didn't know how to decipher what Tony wanted in the car. 2. Darian never looked very comfortable to me, maybe he didn't like being the cc. We may never all the reasons.
I truly hope that Darians skills are snatched up by some one.
I still reserve the right to judge the pairing of him and Addington,
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 pm

muskrat3 wrote:Thank you NDunn. One thing I thing I believe EVERYONE can agree on is that we are ALL making our on asumptions.
I was a firm Grubbs backer. But a Few comments have lead me to believe that 1 there was a communication issue. Maybe Darian didn't know how to decipher what Tony wanted in the car. 2. Darian never looked very comfortable to me, maybe he didn't like being the cc. We may never all the reasons.
I truly hope that Darians skills are snatched up by some one.
I still reserve the right to judge the pairing of him and Addington,

I think your right about the communication issue. Darian didn't look comfortable a lot of the time during the season. He is an intellectual and may not think the way some racers do. He loves the sport but perhaps not some of the way things are done. Perhaps he may take the job with JGR and that may be a better fit for him. But as you state we all are assuming something we have no direct information for.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:12 pm

I had heard a rumor that Tony was very unhappy when he found out Darian made changes (adjustments) and didn't tell him. That could possibly be one of the reasons. I personally thought Darian made too many bad calls in his 3 years and by the Chase, Tony decided to drive like a crazy man & to #### with bad calls..lol

Darian is now Hamlins crew chief and I wish him luck. Tony, Darian & little Gavin were very close and probably will stay that way. Darian said he left all his notes at SHR and will use his memory and things he learned when he goes to JGR.
Tony likes Steve and his racing backround and we all know how Tony has those experienced racing people around him. I'm looking forward to a more agressive Tony in 2012, that will be nice to see. Gooooooo Tony
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 pm

I am very happy for Darian and that sweet little Gavin. I will miss seeing Tony and Gavin together. I don't think Denny's problem was Mike Ford. I think they have a much bigger problem with their equipment. Every week one of the three cars , if not all three cars, had a major malfunction. Problem being Toyota and their engines. I just hope Joe Gibbs keep replacing crew chiefs, namely Zippy! It is a waste of talent and a good crew chief to leave him with Joey. Joey needs to go back to Nationwide and prove himself. I don't think Joey is the driver everyone thought he was. Zippy's talent can be better used at SHR. We can only hope. :D

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:30 pm

peanut1439 wrote:I had heard a rumor that Tony was very unhappy when he found out Darian made changes (adjustments) and didn't tell him. That could possibly be one of the reasons. I personally thought Darian made too many bad calls in his 3 years and by the Chase, Tony decided to drive like a crazy man & to #### with bad calls..lol

Darian is now Hamlins crew chief and I wish him luck. Tony, Darian & little Gavin were very close and probably will stay that way. Darian said he left all his notes at SHR and will use his memory and things he learned when he goes to JGR.
Tony likes Steve and his racing backround and we all know how Tony has those experienced racing people around him. I'm looking forward to a more agressive Tony in 2012, that will be nice to see. Gooooooo Tony

Hey peanuts good to see your post.. It's been some time since I've seen what you've posted. I think personality had quite a bit going on between Tony and Darian. We'll never know tho. What I read about Steve is that he is somewhat like Tony as far as racing goes. Go for it type just like Greg Z. I don't know if Darian is going to be a good fit for Hamlin tho as he can be a tad uptight at times. Denny that is. Well it'll all shake out in a year.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Previous

Return to Tony