FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch FIRED By Penske Racing

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Kurt Busch FIRED By Penske Racing

Actually my guess is Trevor Bayne in the 22. He is acting like he is not locked and he is the type of driver Penske wants. David Ragan may have won this year but there are 36 races and only four of them are crapshoots.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Special Edition of Speed Center tonight on Speed Channel 6pm ET covering the firing(mutual parting) of Busch.

It will show as Pimp My Ride on your schedule guide(unless your cable company updates faster than Time Warner).
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Isn't the firing of Kurt and Pimp My Ride all the same show ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I just could not help that one.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:47 pm

beaverpond wrote:Isn't the firing of Kurt and Pimp My Ride all the same show ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I just could not help that one.

Hadn't thought about that but ya you are right :D
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 pm

This will also be something that gives Kyle another wake up call. He is lucky Gibbs is who he is or else he would have been fired too. Some people are wondering why Gibbs didn't want to teach Kyle a lesson like Roger is doing to Kurt. Joe seems to be on that "talent only matters" things while Roger Penske alot of business.

Look at it though Kyle fired from HMS, Kurt left Roush but was fired two races early, and now Kurt fired from Penske I think the Busch brothers are bipolar.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 pm

I really hope it's David. Like MJ pointed out, he won't get lost in the shuffle like at Roush, where he was a small fish in a big lake. This will be a great opportunity for him.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:This will also be something that gives Kyle another wake up call. He is lucky Gibbs is who he is or else he would have been fired too. Some people are wondering why Gibbs didn't want to teach Kyle a lesson like Roger is doing to Kurt. Joe seems to be on that "talent only matters" things while Roger Penske alot of business.

Look at it though Kyle fired from HMS, Kurt left Roush but was fired two races early, and now Kurt fired from Penske I think the Busch brothers are bipolar.

Thing is. They were spoiled in this sport. They never had to drive subpar equipment. They stepped into Championship quality equipment from day one. So they believed their crap didnt stink. They could do or say whatever they wanted.
In the old days no matter how much talent a driver was thought too of had, they went through the growing pains of lesser teams before finding rides with Junior Johnson & such. Therefore they understood the good & the bad. (they could appreciate it as well) When I hear Kyle talk about driving junk while in 2nd place, I literally have to laugh at him. He has never known junk in his whole career. Same with Kurt. When he crys loudly cussing & screaming because his car isnt the best on the track, he has no clue how much worse it could be.
They are just spoiled brats, which Nascar put one in time out & Penske dealt with the other one. So now I am curious if either will actually learn from these disaplines?
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm

I just read a very scary rumor, that Kurt was sucking up to Smoke last week in Vegas and that his website message(I have not watched it yet) also shows some sucking up to Smoke and Ryan. Please or please do not let him land at SHR. I'll deal with Danica, but one complaining #### on a team is enough.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:17 pm

I just remembered that from Homestead that Bob Dillner said that Penske was speaking to Cole Whitt. I had assumed that it was about the nationwide series but now with Kurt being fired could it be about him being in the 22? Despite not winning the kid has shown signs of brillance and has always brought it home in the top ten in points. He is also well spoken and Red Bull still loves him. That is what Penske is looking for. I think like Trevor Bayne, Whitt is championship cailber.

But I'd love for it to go to Bayne. #### Ricky Stenhouse Jr could be a candiate. Perhaps this will be Hornish's best chance to break back into Cup should he take it? And now going into his third season in Cup, Brad K is now the leader at Penske racing.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:This will also be something that gives Kyle another wake up call. He is lucky Gibbs is who he is or else he would have been fired too. Some people are wondering why Gibbs didn't want to teach Kyle a lesson like Roger is doing to Kurt. Joe seems to be on that "talent only matters" things while Roger Penske alot of business.

Thing is. They were spoiled in this sport. They never had to drive subpar equipment. They stepped into Championship quality equipment from day one. So they believed their crap didnt stink. They could do or say whatever they wanted.
In the old days no matter how much talent a driver was thought too of had, they went through the growing pains of lesser teams before finding rides with Junior Johnson & such. Therefore they understood the good & the bad. (they could appreciate it as well) When I hear Kyle talk about driving junk while in 2nd place, I literally have to laugh at him. He has never known junk in his whole career. Same with Kurt. When he crys loudly cussing & screaming because his car isnt the best on the track, he has no clue how much worse it could be.
They are just spoiled brats, which Nascar put one in time out & Penske dealt with the other one. So now I am curious if either will actually learn from these disaplines?

Your absolutely right. They were rich kids, so daddy bought the best equitment, and they had talent to go with it. Thus they won a ton got noticed and just kept moving up. This really shows that is sports attitude will always matter over talent. In life in general (Charlie Sheen is a great example). I think Kyle will learn from this and Kurt has no choice but to learn from this. It is going to be hard for him to get a ride.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:31 pm

It's a real shame Kurt and Kyle have taken the tough road and have just made their names show up on the comic roll call. Kurt got his beginning in NASCAR on the sorrow of another family. I believe another young man died and whoever the race team was hired Kurt. I believe the family was Dick Trickles and it was his nephew. Okay some you older fans please tell me if I have this all wrong. That should have shown Kurt he wasn't the only one on earth. I can see fellows doing "their thing" but the one finger salute and a tirade of filthy language near a microphone is just plain stupid. I suppose Kurt just lost the plum ride he'll ever have and who knows where Kyle will be if he doesn't grow up in a hurry.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Lizard, I think you maybe be on to something,Kurt has a past championship,which means he doesn't,t have to qualify in order to race. Danica's car needs to have someone fill the seat for the races she won't be in it. You can see where I am heading with this. I don't think there is a sponsor out there that would have him. That whole scenario gives me nightmares, but I could see him purposing this to Tony! I can not see anything like this happening but Kurt's ego probably thinks it is a great idea! :twisted: :evil:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Looks like Ragan has a one year contract to drive the #22 car.
Penske said Hornish will concentrate on a full year in Nationwide.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Merry Christmas Kurt.....

Eloquent as always Doc :mrgreen:

If he's been seeing a sport psychologist for 3 months, how does he explain his latest tirades? I'm thinking it's not working. Personally, I hope he's worn out his welcome and the best he gets is a "start and park" ride. Yes, manage that anger Elf boy. Now he's got 2 of the best teams in NASCAR that can't stand him. I'm sure Roger is sorry that he didn't let Kurt go before he lost Steve. Now he knows why Jack can't say Kurt's name with getting a sour look on his face. I don't care if he's a decent driver, his mouth overloads his a$$ every time he opens his mouth. The way he's talked to his pit crew, crew chief and even Roger himself, should have gotten him fired a long time ago. I don't know about anyone else, but this just made my day!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:33 pm

There is no way I can see SHR putting this meatball into a car just to use his past champions provisional. They have sponsors for the 10 races that Patrick is running, and I think that's enough for them now. Oh, there may be some changes but I can't see Busch be part of it.

I can see some Back of the Pack/Start & Park team grabbing him for his Past Champions deal, but will they still be able to attract a sponsor that is willing to put up with the poor publicity? Going to be some very serious Pro Vs. Con meetings on this one.

Personally I hope he doesn't find crap for 2012 and has to watch from the outside, but somone will suck it up and go after him just for the provisional.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing