FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch FIRED By Penske Racing

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Kurt Busch FIRED By Penske Racing

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Re: Kurt Busch FIRED By Penske Racing

WOW.....Well, I guess you really do reap what ye sow. Later Kurt, hope your therapy sessions work.
:D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:11 pm

Hornish coming back ?? Penske said recently he'd like to have Sam back some day. We'll see what shakes out I guess. Maybe Reed Sorenson??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Well that could be a bad business decision considering the time of year, but I will tell you this. Penske has risen up on sticking to your morals barometer. Good job Roger.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 pm

i can see slammin sammy back in cup, he needs to stay in the NW series, something that should have been done when he first started, he improved a tad and actually won, so let him stay there and get confidence, dont bring him back up, just because that week, he ran a top ten.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm not sure if I'm shocked with the fact Penske got rid of Kurt Busch. This guy is in his 30's so what goes? This has been quite a year for this dude as his marriage fell apart, he's rubbed more people the wrong way and embarressed Dr. Punch which which wasn't necessary. Some people have to learn the hard way and maybe Kurt doesn't have a clue. I doubt he'll ever have a plum ride like he had at Rousch and Penske. Wonder if bumper cars would suit him.....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Merry Christmas Kurt.....
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am

I have to wonder if Kurt was trying to keep his job by announcing he was seeing a sport psychologist. I also wonder how much came from sponsor pressure. Shell has not been able to use him like they did Harvick because of fall out from kissing gf in victory lane when no one knew he was separated from his wife(well a few of us knew but most didn't) and his weekly foul mouthed radio tirades.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

teddybear1439

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:16 am

Guessing it will be Trevor Bayne and hopefully a certain crew chief.

TB14
I'm like fine wine, I improve with age!
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:38 am

Sounds like Penske is trying to walk things back a bit regarding the firing of Busch in this article
http://wap.gotvnetworks.com/nascar_arti ... sIds=19929

guess we will all have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to hear what Penske has to say on the matter.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 am

They're saying it's not official yet so it may be just a tactic that Penske is using to wake up Kurt. We'll know soon after their meeting.

Also, I heard they're considering Dave Ragan (YAY!!) as his replacement?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:36 am

i have read in 3 stories it will be David ragan, which will be cool, he improved a bunch since last year, and if it is him, he wont get lost in the shuffle like he did at rfr, i think lizard raised a good point about maybe kurt trying to save his job, have to see how that plays out, makes sense tho. one thing i took from last week in vegas is that KYLE can be a very likable person, more so than KURT. KYLE just needs to get out of his head about dumping someone, he can still be a bad boy without doing that, but if he showed more of what i seen last week, i could be a fan.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am

Kind of like what Matt said about his choice of drivers of who he would pick to take out on the last lap in a race...not Vickers...why, he would not be up front. :lol:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:02 pm

http://www.nascar.com/news/111205/kbusc ... index.html

So it is now official Kurt is out at Penske, I love how they tried to make it sound mutual. Anyone who believes that also believed Vickers when he said that running Kenseth over was not payback.

So now Kurt is looking for a fresh start :shock: , am wondering where he thinks that will come from. He also said he needs to find a way to put the fun back into racing, maybe that sports psychologist can help with that or maybe he will go over to NHRA for the year since he's got his license.

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:03 pm

This doesn't surrpise me. Kurt is a fine driver and a champion but he just screws himself over and over. Yes he is 33 years old so he is still kind of young, but he is in his 30s at the same time! He should have matured by now and not have to see a sports pyschcologist.

He will get a decent ride. His chocies are to beg Jack to hire him back, to try to get a sponsor and go to Childress, and to try and get investors and to to Red Bull. I could see him back at Roush after Ricky Rudd came back to PYR in 2007.

And it lookas like Ragan will have a one off with Penske next year kind of like Stremme I guess. I wish they would just hire Allgaier back and just put him in the 22.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing