FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2012 Champion Will Be?

<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:31 pm

2012 Champion Will Be?

Don't give a rats @ss,from Mr.five time to barley making the chase to winning it this year,it's a big freakin' joke! They haven't had an actual race since Winston Cup,Bush Series or Craftsman Series, let alone championship run, it's all a big show of pure B.S. When they say unbelievable,it means unbelieveable! Compare drivers from the past to today,the drivers were men back then who actually drove a stock car with a real points system.The last race of the season was a joke,only two cars could contend for the win,give me a friggin' break!They couldn't pass all season in traffic for the most part and suddenly from the back to the front twice like magic,B.S.The public is fool enough to believe all this modern day era B.S.so called racin' than i say live in the fantasy world with them,i'm done like many others that already have left this so called "sport".
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 am

Re: 2012 Champion Will Be?

tell us how you REALLY feel....don't hold nothin' back this time...
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 am

well as MOST sports do, they change over time, either for the good or the bad, the chase was made to keep the fans interest, but JJ kinda blew that one up, ratings were down and they wanted to spruce it up, i dont have any feelings on the chase either way, even tho one of my favs befitted from it the most, i shouldnt say that, he and his team had a handle on those 10 tracks for a few years, so they earned it fair and square, i could hoot and hollar and say no chase because he was leading in points when they got to richmond and lost the lead going to chicago the next week. it is what it is, they are never going back to the nascar of the 80's and 90's, just never gonna happen no matter how many people want it, times change and with the economy the way it is, having the chase is just another marketing tool, i do feel there are at least 5 good drivers that could have hanged in that era, i do feel with the new points there should be no chase, truck series had a good battle with 4 drivers with 2 races to go, the problem this year, people didnt care who they wrecked, even if they were in a battle. i did feel however the miami race was a sham, nothing against tony, but you had alot of mid pack chevy drivers taking two tires when they didnt have to, it held up tony and from carl racing the whole race. this is my last thoughts im going into hibernation for awhile, see ya on the flip side.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 pm

The chase is artifical this is very true. It doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. the 2004 chase was epic, the 2010 chase was epic, the 2011 was amazing. But I do in the end of the day prefer the older points system. Some sports need playoffs, NASCAR isn't one of them.

The chase was made for only a few reasons. 1) To stop the Matt Kenseths of the racing world. 2) To get the casual fan interested. Playoffs always get causual fans interested because then they know that something is one the line. Look at the ratings the last few years they have been up in the chase.

Btw I think Tony goes two in a row to awnser the orignial question.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

racer1

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:08 pm

I thought this yrs Chase was very interesting and exciting. Iam one of those who hate any sport whereby one team or one player/driver dominates everything as it gets boring and if it isnt competitive it isnt fun for me to watch.Yes i know its still Hendricks teams winning the Chase again, but yet different in the way this yr unfolded with Tony dominating winning 5 Chase races so unbelievably. I enjoyed it as it wasnt boring, but I do think winning races should be more points as if Carl would have somehow won the Chase and Tony lost with 4 wins it would'nt be well received from the fans for sure, as wins need to be rewarded moreso then top finishes. As for next yr, how about Kenseth or Kayne, or Tony again? 8-)
Last edited by racer1 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 am

Tony STEWART
<<

OldTimmer

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 am

racer1 wrote:I thought this yrs Chase was very interesting and exciting. Iam one of those who hate any sport whereby one team or one player/driver dominates everything as it gets boring and if it isnt competitive it isnt fun for me to watch.Yes i know its still Hendricks teams winning the Chase again, but yet different in the way this yr unfolded with Tony dominating winning 5 Chase races so unbelievably. I enjoyed it as it wasnt boring, but I do think winning races should be more points as if Carl would have somehow won the Chase and Tony lost with 4 wins it would'nt be well received from the fans for sure, as wins need to be rewarded moreso then top finishes. As for next yr, how about Kenseth or Kayne? 8-)

I agree
Go Rocket Man
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:42 pm

I doubt we'll see a big run for championship wins for some time. I sort of believe what Kevin Harvick had to say in an interview. He says in order for racing to satisfy the racer as they've had the bar raised and they will have to work hard to stay in the race. He didn't say it in so many words but it sounded like Tony put IT out there and now the rest want a piece of it. Kevin isn't the only one to say they learned alot from Tony during the chase. It will be quite a season come 2012.......As for a champion I stick with Tony for #4......
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I liked it when Rick Hendrick said, "they took our stuff and beat us with it." Would like to see Tony win two in a row, but I'll be happy if Ryan can win his first.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:59 pm

HERE, HERE. I'd like to see Ryan win his first with SHR. :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing