FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

the number 3 (rcr)

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:03 am

the number 3 (rcr)

i read how chilly asked JR if it would be ok if he ran the number 3 in the NW series, and Jr said it was ok, but after all these years why should he have to ask anyone??? it isnt disrespecting Sr if the 3 is being used, chilly said that if they used it in cup, they would change the shape of the 3 not to offend anyone, there is going to be a point in time when that number comes back, so why not let dillion use through out his career, i dont know why JR fans think JR is the only one who has the right to it,
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: the number 3 (rcr)

How dare he use Babe Ruth's number w/o asking the Yankees :lol:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 pm

you sir are a instigator :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 pm

jamo14 wrote:How dare he use Babe Ruth's number w/o asking the Yankees :lol:

Boston had him first! :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm a jr. fan and a much bigger fan of the late Dale Snr.and i say if Richard wants to run the three in all three series,than so be it as it has been over ten yrs.Alot of fans compare Harvick and Jr.to Snr.anyways,let Dillion take the heat for awhile. :mrgreen: Richard carried that #3 before Dale was even heard of anyways.
<<

Extractor

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:03 am

Doesn't anyone read how many $millions that #3 makes per year? DE,Sr would drop from the list of highest earning dead celebrities. $ talks, BS walks.
R
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:43 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i read how chilly asked JR if it would be ok if he ran the number 3 in the NW series, and Jr said it was ok, but after all these years why should he have to ask anyone??? it isnt disrespecting Sr if the 3 is being used, chilly said that if they used it in cup, they would change the shape of the 3 not to offend anyone, there is going to be a point in time when that number comes back, so why not let dillion use through out his career, i dont know why JR fans think JR is the only one who has the right to it,

I dont think much about it. I think Richard just asked to be polite. I also think if he thought Jr. would say no, he would have never asked, & just done it. Bottom line it was RCRs # not Dales actually. Anyone could take that # next year in cup if they wanted. It is an unused Nascar #. Thing is no one really wants that circus act that would come from being the 1st to use the #3.
Like I said it was just a courtesy thing. I believe it was gonna happen no matter what, which no one should have a problem with.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing