FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keselowski fined for criticizing EFI

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Keselowski fined for criticizing EFI

a driver should be able to speak their mind, nascar needs to get off their high horse and stop trying to quiet people.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:40 pm

michaeljohn wrote:a driver should be able to speak their mind, nascar needs to get off their high horse and stop trying to quiet people.

DW twittered Brad that if they had twitter back when he started racing he would be broke!
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I am kind of surprised more people aren't discussing why there is this secrecy about fines and I think it's all Brian France. He is a pompous, secretive guy and so it flows over into NASCAR. He tries to hide his own skeletons in his personal life -- i.e. being way behind in his alimony and child support and it's highly thought that he has an issue with sustances that make him feel "funny."

I just wish he would step down and let someone else be in charge. His personal life and the way he "hides everything" spills over unto the drivers ability to exercise their right of free speech. It's ridiculous how much power one man holds in NASCAR. I'm sorry if this offends some of his fans, but I think, he's a dirt bag who was handed the opportunity of a lifetime simply by being born into the family France and now he's on a total power trip. And now, he'll probably read this, hunt me down and squelch my voice!! If I suddenly disappear from this website, you'll know it was because I said something against the omnipotent Brian France!!

Gosh, I hate being that negative either, but I just find it interesting no one is blaming Brian in particular for this stupidity of fining drivers like Ryan and Brad for speaking their minds with concerns that are mostly important safety issues!

Brian France already ruined what made nascar great. Real racing. Now all emphasis is on points & hollywood. The racing is way down on his list of importance. About him being secretive, Big Bill & Bill France Jr. both was in your face about their decisions. They werent scared to say outloud what their decisions were.

Amen to that bro.and don't forget the drama,oh wait-drama would be included in hollywood wouldn't it. ;)
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Remember, NASCAR is not a corporation but a "family owned" business. If you don't like their rules, go play someplace else. Sometimes I don't like what they do to the drivers, but I'm an American, and I have the freedom to complain. If I didn't think it is the best racing around, I wouldn't be a fan.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 am

Right, Nana, you have the ability to complain, but the NASCAR driver doesn't, not even about safety issues, actually ESPECIALLY about safety issues. This is America. We have been built on the Freedom of Speech but the drivers have to watch what they say. I remember a couple times Tony back pedaled on issues he was once outspoken about (i.e. suspicious cautions being called for never-seen debris on the track and the Goodyear tire issues). I hate to see Tony just kow tow to the NASCAR officials. But whatever they did to him "behind the closed doors" made him suddenly quit voicing his complaints. I almost lost respect for him when he did that, but that's NASCARA. Guess Tony's learned you can't bite the hand that feeds you. Too bad. It waters down the sport and makes the fans never completely trust or respect the Frances. I used to really like the family and all they did for the sport until Brian France took over.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Corperations own Nascar,because w/o them, Nascar wouldn't exist.The only problem i have is the one who is president of it all as he is nothing like grandpa or daddy ever was.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing