Hornaday Gets Ride With Joe Denette Motorsports

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Hornaday Gets Ride With Joe Denette Motorsports

Glad to see Ron get a ride. :D

By JENNA FRYER, AP Auto Racing Writer
3 hours, 23 minutes ago

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP)—Ron Hornaday Jr. will drive for Joe Denette Motorsports in the Truck Series next year.

The four-time series champion will drive the No. 9 Chevrolet and be partnered with crew chief Jeff Hensley.

The team says it will run a second entry in select 2012 Truck Series races.

Hornaday had to look for a job when Kevin Harvick said in September he was shutting down his race teams. The Nationwide Series cars are being transferred to Richard Childress Racing, but Kevin Harvick Inc.’s trucks are just going away.

Hornaday has 51 career victories in the Truck Series. He was in contention for the series championship until he was intentionally wrecked by Kyle Busch in the early laps at Texas two weeks ago.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Hornaday Gets Ride With Joe Denette Motorsports

Glad for Hornaday!! I know he had said a week or so ago that he had some things in the works which is why he told Kyle thanks but I am brand loyal and have something setting up with a Chevy owner.

I think he probably enjoyed telling KB what to do with his offer too.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Nice to see Ron get a ride but we'll see just how close "Brand Loyalty" gets him to another Championship. Kyle's trucks are ALWAYS fast and I think the team Ron's driving for is a new one if I'm not mistaken ?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah, that was my concern, too. What kind of equipment will they be able to give Ron. It's a big question mark.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Toyota or not, Ron should have taken the ride with the best equipment. I don't really care about the whole "brand" thing. The only difference is the power train. And, if truth be told, more American cars are produced out of the U.S. anyway. What it boils down to is the fact that no matter where the parent company is located, they still employ U.S. citizens in their dealerships. I've worked at a number of car dealerships, Chevy, Ford, Nissan, VW. They've all employed me, born and raised in the U.S.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 am

one reason tony left gibbs was because he didnt wanna drive toyota, his loyalty was to chevy, so i respect the fact the horny toad wants to stick with the bow tie, beside kyle offered him the ride out of guilt, if he really want hornaday, he had weeks and even months to offer him a ride before he dumped him, cuz it was widely known that KHI was closing......
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:16 pm

michaeljohn wrote:one reason tony left gibbs was because he didnt wanna drive toyota, his loyalty was to chevy, so i respect the fact the horny toad wants to stick with the bow tie, beside kyle offered him the ride out of guilt, if he really want hornaday, he had weeks and even months to offer him a ride before he dumped him, cuz it was widely known that KHI was closing......

there were talks before the dumping, can't recall where I read it but, I saw it shortly after KH made his announcement to cease operations.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Joe Denette Motorsports did solid this year with Jason White. Sadler was always a contender when he was in their second truck, he was really fast last night too. Hornaday should win a few races get a top five finish in points.

Kyle actually was in talks with Ron a little before the incident, but it was pending sponsorship, then Kyle offered it to him with or without the sponsorship $ out of guilt.

Ron is a Chevy guy, he isn't going to dump the brand that he has had all his success with. I respect that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Joe Denette Motorsports did solid this year with Jason White. Sadler was always a contender when he was in their second truck, he was really fast last night too. Hornaday should win a few races get a top five finish in points.

Kyle actually was in talks with Ron a little before the incident, but it was pending sponsorship, then Kyle offered it to him with or without the sponsorship $ out of guilt.

Ron is a Chevy guy, he isn't going to dump the brand that he has had all his success with. I respect that.

Well when Kyle offered Ron the job, Ron had already signed a letter of intent with the other truck as well.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Joe Denette Motorsports did solid this year with Jason White. Sadler was always a contender when he was in their second truck, he was really fast last night too. Hornaday should win a few races get a top five finish in points.

Well when Kyle offered Ron the job, Ron had already signed a letter of intent with the other truck as well.

Exactly and Kyle did offer Ron a ride before the incident as well,guess Kyle would rather have him on his team than racing against him. :mrgreen: Germain racing was also interested and Ron gets along with the onion,but Germain was struggling to stay afloat this season and joined alliance with another team.Why Ron made his final decision,money,brand make,sponsor or what,i don't know the reasons why,never heard?

Return to NASCAR & Racing