FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kevin Harvick willing to help Tony win his 3rd title

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Kevin Harvick willing to help Tony win his 3rd title

Kevin Harvick hosted an online chat on espn today and was asked since he and tony are such good friends, would he help Tony win the title. This is what he said in response.

I'll do anything to help him within the box that I can do to help him. But I'm not going to do anything that's unfair to help him win.

I know Tony and Kevin are close but that is really cool to see a non teammate willing to help Tony on the race track. Helps being a Chevy too!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Kevin Harvick willing to help Tony win his 3rd title

This is not surprising.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:46 pm

I am thinking that there are a few more "non" teammates that will be helping Tony within the fairness factor. As Tony said after Texas(I think), we've been really nice to alot of people this year and are going to be cashing in tickets.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

RUDE SMOKE

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm

GOOD FOR HARVICK. BUT I STILL REMEMBERING VICKERS DUMPING TONY AT THE ROAD COURSE, COSTING HIM TONS OF POINTS. HOPE THAT HACK STAYS OUT OF HIS WAY BEINGS HE POSSIBLLY COULD BE A FACTOR WITH ALL THOSE POINTS LOST.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:49 pm

RUDE SMOKE wrote:GOOD FOR HARVICK. BUT I STILL REMEMBERING VICKERS DUMPING TONY AT THE ROAD COURSE, COSTING HIM TONS OF POINTS. HOPE THAT HACK STAYS OUT OF HIS WAY BEINGS HE POSSIBLLY COULD BE A FACTOR WITH ALL THOSE POINTS LOST.

A couple things wrong with this accessment. 1st off Tony dumped Vickers causing himself to lose a ton of points. (he knew payback was coming)
2nd thing is the points were reset since then, so those lost points have no bearing on the title this year.
ImageImageImage
<<

RUDE SMOKE

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 am

#### YEAH PAYBACK WAS COMING, BUT WHY SOOOO QUICK. THE HACK SHOULD OF STEWED ON IT A COUPLE OF RACES.

THAT RACES COULD OF MOVED TONY UP 1 SPOT BEFORE THE RESET, THUS GAINING HIM 1 POINT WHICH COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE..

BACK TO THE PIONT OF HARVICK--GUESS WE WILL SEE SUNDAY.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 am

RUDE SMOKE wrote:#### YEAH PAYBACK WAS COMING, BUT WHY SOOOO QUICK. THE HACK SHOULD OF STEWED ON IT A COUPLE OF RACES.

THAT RACES COULD OF MOVED TONY UP 1 SPOT BEFORE THE RESET, THUS GAINING HIM 1 POINT WHICH COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE..

The more IMPORTANT points lost were Vegas(which is the 3 points that Carl has now) and the first Kansas race...could be +6 right now with those two.

...btw, there's a key that says "caps lock" on it, if you press it you can type in normal text... ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Tony said today that he would rather it be just him and Edwards going at it but since there has been team orders and such if it happens they have a plan in place.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:20 pm

RUDE SMOKE wrote:#### YEAH PAYBACK WAS COMING, BUT WHY SOOOO QUICK. THE HACK SHOULD OF STEWED ON IT A COUPLE OF RACES.

they didnt get any points for where they were seeded. Only for wins. So the RC had no bearing on what happens for the title.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Lizard wrote:Tony said today that he would rather it be just him and Edwards going at it but since there has been team orders and such if it happens they have a plan in place.

what team orders is he hearing about?
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

He referenced last week with Biffle picking pit stall in front of him among other things. I think part of it is playing head games with Edwards too but I also think he was letting Jack Rousch know you want to play team crap we are prepared. Just how I am reading things.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Lizard wrote:He referenced last week with Biffle picking pit stall in front of him among other things. I think part of it is playing head games with Edwards too but I also think he was letting Jack Rousch know you want to play team crap we are prepared. Just how I am reading things.

oh that would be pr!ck if another driver from Roush trys to screw with Tony during the race (other than racing him hard)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Tony doesn't need any help,but i'm sure Kevin will be watching out for Tony.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm

team orders are, if ryan doesnt do what tony says, he will be stuck with tubby gibson for another year... :mrgreen:
I will miss you Frehley........

Return to NASCAR & Racing