FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darian leaving SHR at season end??

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Darian leaving SHR at season end??

muskrat3 wrote:I think one of the most neatest things about SHR and there standings, that while some other teams, even the big hitters like roush appear to be scrambling for sponsors and even downsizing thier organizations SHR is growing, Quicken came to them and asked to be a sponsor.
As for the championship. WHEN Tony wins, I think there will be alot more people who will want to be involved.
I know several drivers have attempted to be owner/drivers, and that Alan Kulwicki was the last one to win a championship, have there been others as successful as TOny?

I think one of the best Owner/Drivers (year after year) was Ricky Rudd. Tony is ahead of where Rudd was back then, but Rudd did it on a minor league resources. He had the sponsor, but didnt have any backing from a major player in the sport, like HMS. The fact Rudd could win every single year, as small of a team as he was going against the big dogs of that time period says a ton about him. Tony & Rudd kinda have similar personalites too.
Draw a line, & dare you to cross it!
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I did not want to believe the rumors but I am beginning to believe they might be true.....
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/T ... eam-111511

If he were coming back there would be no need for the answer given.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

HRR

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Guys, lets just wait until next week to start speculating whether or not Grubb will be back. I do believe is already has one foot out the door.. just waiting to get this season over with. Replacement? I don't see Steve Addington being Stewarts' CC. So who is out there? No one that I have heard of as of late. Your guess..is as good as mine. I think if Grubb leaves.. some bigger things must be getting ready to go down at SHR at the end of this year.. SMOKE knows what kind of people he needs to be the best.. and he learned from the best.. JGR!
<<

OldTimmer

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 am

Even Mike Mulhern has a story that Darian may leave SHR.
http://www.mikemulhern.net/BreakingNow
Go Rocket Man
<<

Smoke_14

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 am

I said this when the story broke at the begining of the chase, and I still stand by it:

2012 SHR Compitition Director: Darian
2012 #14 Crew Chief: Greg Zippadeli
2012 #39 Crew Chief: Steve Addington
2012 #10 Crew Chief: Tony Gibson
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 am

Smoke_14 wrote:I said this when the story broke at the begining of the chase, and I still stand by it:

this would all be great except for 1 question.....why would ya wanna dump "Tuna" Gibson on Danica ?? At least make a play for Doug Richert or Booty Barker
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

peanut1439

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 pm

I think Darian will be gone ( maybe in some other capascity at SHR)

I am seeing how hard Ryan races Tony and although I usually love it, this last 2 races have made me mad. He is blocking him hard. I hope his ego does't cost Tony the Championship. Just My Opinion but team mates should be helping not hindering especially where Ryan is in the chase. :o
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm

just read grubb might go back to HMS as JJ's CC or he may get promoted higher up if he doesnt stay with SHR
<<

HRR

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Jayski.com has posted update, that Grubb may be going to Hendrick for the competition director job there, or will be Jimmie's new crew chief. Or He stays, moves up to Competition Director at SHR or stays Tonys' CC. Or Grubb is Jimmie's CC and Chad takes the competition directors job at Hendrick. Who the #### knows what is going to happen at this point. We all just have to wait like everyone else..sucks, but that is the way it is.
<<

drf39

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:I said this when the story broke at the begining of the chase, and I still stand by it:

I hope you're wrong. Addington held KyBu back and does the obvious inconsistency at Penske. Here's my wish:
Comp director: Grubb
14 Crew Chief: Jeff Meendering
39 Crew Cheif: Zippadelli or Ron Malec if they can court him over from Hendrick
10 Crew Cheif: Kevin Penell. Fire Gibson. Don't sign Addington. Danica has enough dead weight having Eury Jr as her N'wide crew chief.
<<

HRR

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Forget about Zippy.. someone here told me that he just signed a 3 year deal with JGR. SO ... he is out.. Addington, ahh, don't know about him.. As Tony's CC..maybe. Steve is smart, and savy... would be a good fit... that is if Grubb goes to the 48 team as the new CC or CD at Hendrick Motorsports. Who knows at this point.
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Watching my DVR of RaceHub and they said that Darian told the team a month ago he would not be the CC next year.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:53 am

Yes, I saw that too...and there was no clue as to where his next job was going to be. It could still be very well within the organization. That was never ruled out.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:09 am

From Jayski's today ~

UPDATE: Grubb is expected to be promoted to Director of Competition at Stewart Haas Racing next season, replaced atop the pit box by current [#22-Kurt Busch] Penske Racing crew chief Steve Addington. Penske Racing holds an option year on Addington's contract, however, and sources say team owner Roger Penske has not yet agreed to grant him his release (Sirius Speedway).

AND another scenario....am hearing Grubb could be headed back to Hendrick Motorsports either taking over the crew chief duties for #48-Jimmie Johnson with current crew chief Chad Knaus moving up to Director of Competition at Hendrick Motorsports or Grubb taking that spot.(11-17-2011)
------

Oooppss... sorry - I see that yall got it already. :-) "Never mind..." LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

muskrat3

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:07 am

I can only hope that maybe harsh words where said a month ago,and now feelings have changed or that the air was cleared. BUT doubtful, I wish there was someway that Zippy could come over, but he still has 3 years on his contract with JGR, I doubt if Coach Gibbs is going to let him go, Steve Addington I know there is speculation that he is leaving penske but no word.
I do know that Monday we should all have the "official" answer about Grubbs
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
PreviousNext

Return to Tony