FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I wish to be the 1st.....

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I wish to be the 1st.....

to give Danica a house warming gift.

I give you Ryan Newmans Crew Chief, so you wont have to have a Rookie Cup CC.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Re: I wish to be the 1st.....

Schmoopy1000 wrote:to give Danica a house warming gift.

ImageImage

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW, that wasn't very nice......Take it back :lol: :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:17 am

ryan and tubby gibson are locked for life, i wouldnt be suprised if tony jr stays with danica for those 10 races, just to have a familiar ear, then when she goes full time, find someone else
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:22 pm

michaeljohn wrote:ryan and tubby gibson are locked for life, i wouldnt be suprised if tony jr stays with danica for those 10 races, just to have a familiar ear, then when she goes full time, find someone else

your always full of bad news.
BTW I thought I heard way back that Tony Jr. wasnt coming to the cup side. Believe I heard that somewhere.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

its my job to spread the bad news and i take it seriously :twisted:
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 pm

michaeljohn wrote:its my job to spread the bad news and i take it seriously :twisted:

YOOOOOUUUUUUUUU'RRRRRRRRRREEEEE FIIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEEEDDDDDDDDD!!!!
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Dog_39

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:to give Danica a house warming gift.

ImageImage

That sounds like a good housewarming gift. Mike Ford for Newman then? Or BORLAND! (wishful thinking, I know)
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:47 am

Just a thought: I don't think I've read or heard of a mention as to who Danica's crew chief will be, but maybe the pic that was posted with Jimmy Elledge holding the sign about Go Daddy could be sign of the future? I could be wrong though as I don't know jack diddly squat about racing.
<<

mel_chick

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:38 am

Lucky girl gets Zippy...
Tony gets Steve...
Ryan gets screwed...
Figures.
I wanna go fast!
<<

racer1

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Well as many CC as we see being switched around in Nascar, I have a question--who is more important, the CC or the driver? Yes i know the perfect answer is both but??

A good example is mr popular Dale jr switching CC this yr and having much better results and JJ did well, but then again not so much during the chase? Then we have Tony who let his CC Grubb know mid season he would be fired at season end due to his poor reg season, but still won the chase, so how crazy is that?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm

racer1 wrote:Well as many CC as we see being switched around in Nascar, I have a question--who is more important, the CC or the driver? Yes i know the perfect answer is both but??

A good example is mr popular Dale jr switching CC this yr and having much better results and JJ did well, but then again not so much during the chase? Then we have Tony who let his CC Grubb know mid season he would be fired at season end due to his poor reg season, but still won the chase, so how crazy is that?

I think this day & age the team is more important than the driver. Although without having a good driver & team you wont be winning a championship. The handling of the car trumps the drivers ability, when looking at the season as a whole. There are only a couple of tracks where a driver can manhandle a bad car & beat a better car. Since the CC makes the calls on the box, & has to (or should be the one) to adjust the cars during a race. I would say having a top notch CC & a decent driver would be better than having a top notch driver & only a decent CC. Even when just looking at the driver alone. It is more important for him to be smart enough to explain what the car is doing, than his driving ability. The key to success in todays Nascar is information. Is your CC smart enough to fix the car, & is the driver smart enough to give the proper information on the car. Botomline is the answer everyone hates is Chemistry is king! (if sprinkled with intelligence)
but when pinned down for an answer either, or. CC/Team is more important than the driver nowadays.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:00 pm

So a good CC and team is somewhat more important then just a good driver--makes since I guess--although some winning drivers may argue that point if they quit winning even with multiple CC changes like some have? Its safe to assume then if a top CC and team changes to a driver who hasnt won and they still never win or come close, it may be a given that the driver just isnt that good. I guess the only way to determine that, is what we've been seeing as mentioned, lots of CC changes and if that doesnt work then driver changes as we've saw also>

Curious to see how Tony does next yr with his new CC, and of course Danica, but as mentioned many are unhappy Newman doesnt get a new CC. Does he really need a different/better one and if so why isnt Tony shopping for him a new one?? 8-)

Return to Danica