FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Baseball

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Baseball

Once the MLB season starts, this can be our baseball topic. Right now, though, I wanna get on my soapbox.

Hammerin' Hank Aaron, the all-time Home Run King (yeah I said it) was on Studio B with Shepherd Smith a little bit ago and they got to talking about why so few kids are playing the game. Hank was specifically talking about black kids, which makes sense since the number of black Major Leaguers has really gone down, but I wonder about all kids.

I can't help but wonder if we started taking these dumps around the country, I don't mean landfills, I mean these run-down dumpy areas, and turned them into baseball diamonds and put a bat and a ball in every kid's hand and a Braves cap, a Cubs cap, a Yankees cap, even a *gulp* Mets hat on their head, if it might not help the country in a way, you know, with morale. It's the Great American Pastime, and a beautiful game, and I think if we got all kids involved in it and truly made it our national game, it could go a long way.

Furthermore, it'd be nice if we could get the stadiums (and businesses around the stadiums) to work with fans on pricing. Baseball fans aren't rich. Baseball fans are simple American folks who love a great game. If it was less of an expense to go to a game, have a bite to eat and something to drink, and just enjoy the atmosphere of it all, people'd be a lot happier.

Okay I'll get off my soapbox. Go Braves.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Lasvegas39fan

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Re: Baseball

I agree with that 100%.The pricing at stadiums keeps alot of families from going which is sad

Return to The Lobby