FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strategy in Practice?

<<

im4tony

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:12 am

Strategy in Practice?

Tony loves his car but they were really zeroing in on things yesterday. I think he wanted to qualify late to get a better position in the pits? Is he playing possum? Or does he have some issues?
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

dfizban

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Re: Strategy in Practice?

im4tony wrote:Tony loves his car but they were really zeroing in on things yesterday. I think he wanted to qualify late to get a better position in the pits? Is he playing possum? Or does he have some issues?

Don't you have to be fast in practice to qualify late? I do belive Tony will be fine in the race. I would love to see him win another championship.
Where there is Smoke there is a fire to win!!!
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:38 am

dfizban wrote:
im4tony wrote:Tony loves his car but they were really zeroing in on things yesterday. I think he wanted to qualify late to get a better position in the pits? Is he playing possum? Or does he have some issues?

Don't you have to be fast in practice to qualify late? I do belive Tony will be fine in the race. I would love to see him win another championship.

Me too. You're right,.. He must have been fast to qualify so late...I always forget that part.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:51 am

Tony was 11th fastest in the first practice... Ryan 5th.

Here is the full qual order :arrow: http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2011/35 ... order.html
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:07 pm

I vote........ vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:19 pm

You could be right, MW... here's hoping! :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HRR

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:02 am

I would say that watching practices, and listening to the comments by ESPN and THE Race Hub... I would have to say, Grubb is was working on the overall handling of the car in race trim.. Tony knows what he wants for the long haul during the race, and a car at this track on a long run, will prove to be the one that may just win this race. Being fast for 10-20 laps, I don't think will be any good here with new configuration on this track. A car, at this track with new surface that can stay consistent over many laps will prove to be more valuable. Tony knows that you can be slower, but end up the fastest overall.. because, slower is faster at most short tracks. I would expect Tony to sit in at least 3-5 th position for the first 20 laps... get sorted out, then make the run to the front picking off drivers one by one...on the high side! As for Edwards.. I think he may just have a mulligan at this track... Something is telling me that Edwards, may just have a wreck today.. just a hunch. Tempers will be heated today...expect the unexpected at this race..someone is bound to get into it by the end of this race.

Patience and aggressiveness is what got Tony here in the first place.. no holding back.. winning is what will win this championship..not hoping for some else to have bad luck or a top 5 finish will do.

Return to Tony