FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Veterans Day tribute

<<

animink1

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

Veterans Day tribute

As a Veterans Day tribute, the U.S. Army Racing cars for drivers Tony Schumacher and Ryan Newman will be adorned with more than 350 faces of Army Vietnam Veterans during this weekend’s NHRA and NASCAR races.

View the photos of Army Vietnam Veterans on the No. 39 Chevrolet.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Veterans Day tribute

Very cool :!: 8-) Obviously, the US Army has a great relationship with the cars they sponsor. :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 am

What a great thing they are doing we should never forget the sacrifices they made for us GOD BLESS AMERICA
<<

MikeRad

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:43 pm

For the VETs, a hardy thank you for your service, for those in the field today, be sure to dish out more than you take, and stay safe.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks for the heads up. Nice tribute but wouldn't expect anything less from the Army car. Glad to see they're doing something special.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Olg Guy

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 pm

On Monday, October 21, 2013 8:02 AM, ralph holland <ralph_e_holland@yahoo.com> wrote:
being a disabled Viet Nam Vet---- Danica won't be saluting me as this post states :shock:

I'm not sure. But I did all that was required to get a picture signed by Danica. I sent the pictures to her web site and nothing from her in a year. I don't know if 1- she does not like disabled Viet Nam Vets, 2- she doesn't like grandkids, 3- she put her labels over my return envelopes so she can get free mail. She has really disappointed my daughter in law and my grand daughters buy her in action. We will be coming to the phoenix in Nov. I have a pit pass, but will NOT waste my time trying to get her to sign a picture for my granddaughters or go anywhere near her or her team. You picked a sad team mate. http://youtu.be/xf2D6wK4Oik <------ yes I took this video at the race last year Thank you Ralph Holland
<<

semsmom

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

That is so cool what a nice way to tribute those who have given so much for all of us.
#StandWithSmoke

Official NASCAR Fan Council Member
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 pm

I wonder, when we see military people there if they had to pay for their tickets whether be it regular or discounted......or if they got to come watch for free.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Keener29

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:I wonder, when we see military people there if they had to pay for their tickets whether be it regular or discounted......or if they got to come watch for free.

I'm retired military (4 yrs ago now) and it really depends on what you're there for and how close you live to a track. I imagine all the ones you see on the infield and such were free, an it was setup through the base that they are from. I know for me the base I live near gets a certain number of tickets each year to give out to retired and active duty military. But before moving here I paid for every race I attended.

So I guess the most correct answer is, it depends.

Return to VIP Garage Gang News