FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darian leaving SHR at season end??

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Darian leaving SHR at season end??

Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Ah, ya gotta love the rumor mill. :roll: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Its such a wonder thing, ain't it?
<<

HRR

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I have not heard any of this stuff about Darien Grubb leaving or moving around SHR. But I will tell you this, I do believe that Zippy is coming to be Tony's Crew Chief next season, Addington will be coming to SHR as Ryan Newman's crew chief, and Darien will move to the competition director's job. There are a lot of unknowns right now..but I have a hunch that after the season is over.. everyone will know the truth.

I wouldn't blame Steve for leaving Penske.. ####.. Penske needs to fire Kurt Busch! Dude needs to learn the hard way! Another thing.. Kurt has just run out of talent! He should just hang it up! He reminds me of Dale Jr. ... whining and crying about the car..but just can't show for what good equipment they really do have..

Why does all the other Hendrick drivers, including the SHR cars.. do so well compared to Jr? That just raises the question of talent vs the will to win.

Ryan has proven he wants to win, and can... but I think.. it is time for change at SHR with his cc. Steve would be a good fit for Newman and his style..loose and on the edge of out of control! Just like Kyle's style of racing.

Kurt Busch..just can't drive. Period.. His little brother makes him look like S**T. Sorry.. just had to say that! Truth is out.. Kurt.. you need to go back to NWS or quit!
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:54 pm

That will be a $100 for the swear jar. :mrgreen:

If I remember correctly, Zippy signed his contract for another three years. Can't find where I saw that though.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 pm

Not a Kurt Busch fan but he has the second longest streak of winning at least one race a season behind Tony (Since March of 2002), he has over 20 wins and a title. He is a fine racecar driver.

It is possible Zippy will be competition director in 2012, but remeber who Tony intially tried to get as director of competition? Jay Frye. And if Red Bull doesn't get investors look who needs a job...
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 pm

MYLIPSARESEALED wrote:OKAY, I GET IT, YOU ARE SAYING DARIAN WOULD LEAVE AND SO WOULD RYAN?
I dont get the whole deal. Tony is a great friend of Ryans and Darians. Why would they call it quits? I think of Ryan AS tony 's lil bro. I think of Darian as Tony's best friend. IS there something we are all missing?
If Tony Comunnicates with someone else better and they seem to match each other's talent, then by all means, change. Tony needs to win, no doubts. Who in their right mind can speak Tony's language better than his dad? Well, Only those close to him knows. I just hope he knows that I am trusting in his better judgement in all that he has in his jock strap and mind power.
CARL can out smart Tony, if he isn't careful. Carl has the upperhand in physics. Tony has the upperhand in outright kickin ####. That IS WHY I LOVE MY BROWN EYED BABY BOY. TONY I LOVE YOU TILL THE END OF TIME. NO REGRETS.

Tony and Danny Lasowski are good friends and Danny was Tonys' first WOO driver and helped get Tony his first championship.When it comes to business,friendship only goes so far as Tony and Danny couldn't see eye to eye on a few things but are still friends even today.Tony is good friends with alot of drivers of all types of racing,Tony will do what's best for the company regardless as any good business person would.Ryans' team has been running alot off of SHR because of lack of sponsorship,fortunately they have landed one for next season,to what degree i don't know.Some people feel that Tony is getting the better of everything right now and maybe it's true,i don't know.The one thing i do know is Tony has a better shot at the title after just the first two races and has sponsor obligations,so if it is true,it only makes good business sense.Hopefully things will be differant for Ryan next season,but overall Ryan made the chase,still has a ride w/o a sponsor right now and may not have had the season everyone hoped for,but still pretty good all things considered.Would love to see Ryan with a better cc next season,just to prove a personal theory i have of my own.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

muskrat3

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 pm

HRR wrote:I have not heard any of this stuff about Darien Grubb leaving or moving around SHR. But I will tell you this, I do believe that Zippy is coming to be Tony's Crew Chief next season, Addington will be coming to SHR as Ryan Newman's crew chief, and Darien will move to the competition director's job. There are a lot of unknowns right now..but I have a hunch that after the season is over.. everyone will know the truth.

I wouldn't blame Steve for leaving Penske.. ####.. Penske needs to fire Kurt Busch! Dude needs to learn the hard way! Another thing.. Kurt has just run out of talent! He should just hang it up! He reminds me of Dale Jr. ... whining and crying about the car..but just can't show for what good equipment they really do have..

Why does all the other Hendrick drivers, including the SHR cars.. do so well compared to Jr? That just raises the question of talent vs the will to win.

Ryan has proven he wants to win, and can... but I think.. it is time for change at SHR with his cc. Steve would be a good fit for Newman and his style..loose and on the edge of out of control! Just like Kyle's style of racing.

Kurt Busch..just can't drive. Period.. His little brother makes him look like S**T. Sorry.. just had to say that! Truth is out.. Kurt.. you need to go back to NWS or quit!

I guess you missed it, Zippy still has 3 more years a JGR, it was on the race last week. he won't be leaving anytime soon.
As much as I loved the chemistry between Tony and Zippy things always change, there would be a whole new dynamic now, Tony is the boss.
I saw the interviews on inside NASCAR and on the hub. I think there were alot of rumors prior to the chase, and now I am hopeing that both parties are seriously thinking about any changes. Tony giving credit to Darien and the team.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Tony knows exactly what he is doing and makes most of his business decisions with great thought. There was an interview out right after Tony accepted Gene Haas's offer to partner with him in racing that gave quite a description of how Tony does things. He said he paid particular attention to the business affairs of Joe Gibbs racing and how they handled things. Joe Gibbs has done just fine and I'm sure Tony will do what he has to do. He already has proved that with he businesses he already has. Eldora is a great example and if the economy doesn't bounce back like we'd like it just may be the Daytona race in 10 years. If all of racing has to pull back financially they won't stop racing but the dirt tracks will be popular again. Some still are and new ones can be built to satisfy the need. Tony has dirt track dirt and racing fuel in his blood and he'll always be there.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Midwestern, that's all the most current I could find that day. I haven't looked any more since I posted it. I don't think anything will be out there myself, but I could be wrong.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HRR

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:32 pm

I did not watch PRE-Race this past week or THE HUB. I missed both.. sorry for not getting my facts on point.

I will say this, now that Ryan has Quicken Loans for at least 9 races... that is a start. Army is back, and Tornados too. I will say that I think Steve Addington would work better for Ryan's CC... just based on racers' style of driving..and what Addington is used to working with. I don't know, just a educated guess on my part. But Darian, I don't see him as Tony's CC next year, more like, Competition Director..

We will just have to sit back and wait and see. Who knows..there might be something under wraps that Tony and SHR are not going to disclose until the season's end.

Right now.. Lets just win the Championship for SHR! Make it a first, of many to come. All I hear at work is that Carl is going to outsmart Tony... why they are saying that... beats me! Tony is going to go for wins.. Right now..that is all that matters ..because win(s) will be really big towards sealing the deal! :D
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Carl seems to think that staying steady for the course will win him the Championship.

Having several wins and top 10s seems to be paying off for Tony and Carl should be very nervous right about now. How many wins does Carl have since the Chase started? How many does Tony have since the Chase started?
<<

muskrat3

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I think one of the most neatest things about SHR and there standings, that while some other teams, even the big hitters like roush appear to be scrambling for sponsors and even downsizing thier organizations SHR is growing, Quicken came to them and asked to be a sponsor.
As for the championship. WHEN Tony wins, I think there will be alot more people who will want to be involved.
I know several drivers have attempted to be owner/drivers, and that Alan Kulwicki was the last one to win a championship, have there been others as successful as TOny?
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:16 pm

M aybe Darian will replace TG... I Hope !!!! After listening to Tony's radio, I heard (first 2 races of the chase) TONY making the changes, not Darian.. It was Tony calling for drastic stuff, not Darain. It worked and I hope Tony keeps it up.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
PreviousNext

Return to Tony