FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony's 3RD title?

<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Tony's 3RD title?

I know what I am about to say will get me alot of flack from alot of the people on this site but OH WELL can't win em all..........

We have three races to go to decide the 2011 Sprint Cup Champion, and Smoke is now sitting in 2nd place a mere 8 points out of first. Tony has a great shot at winning this title, and I guess that would be pretty awesome for most of the people here. I for one though will be pretty #### off if he does win it. Tony had a #### poor season all the way up to the Chase (while Ryan was having a pretty good year compared to previous seasons) Tony barely made the Chase by the skin of his butt, while Ryan was well in the top 10.

The Chase starts and Tony comes alive, while the 39 just falls off. Tony wins three races and Ryan has to struggle to get a top 20. What happened there? Did the boss man decide he can't have his employee outrunning him, so he took all Ryan's stuff? How else can we explain the complete flip flop of the teams performances? They said last week at Martinsville that Tony was using Ryan's set up, was that because he was using Ryan's car? I am just so annoyed by SHR right now. A good Sponser comes along like Mobil 1 (a company that has sponsered Ryan thoughout his whole career) and Tony snatches them up although he has already got plenty of sponsorship. Tony gets the good CC and the good crew while Ryan is stuck w/ Tubby Gibson and a crew that is as inconsistant as the weather.

Now Tony is looking to bring two more drivers into the fold. Danika and whomever else he can get (It's not looking like Martin wants any parts of it) to share driving duties w/ her. Who in their right mind would look at The way this season has unfolded for SHR and say to themselves "Ya know I think Ryan is getting screwed by Smoke, I think I'd like to get it up the butt from him too." I think Tony is gonna have a very hard time finding a driver who is gonna be willing to play 2nd, 3rd or 4th fiddle to Tony. When I first heard of Ryan signing w/ SHR back in late 2008 I thought it was gonna be an awesome pairing, now seeing the way the Penske cars are running, and the way he has been treated by Tony I think it may have been a mistake.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

austin024

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Re: Tony's 3RD title?

If tony does get his 3rd title, which I hope he dosent ( you basically said what ive been trying to say) I hope people open their eyes up and see how bad of a season they've had and for him to come out of nowhere and win 3 out of the 7 races is redicolus and people dont go saying that he is Smoke, he isnt that great OK...

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Well, here's an interesting way to look at all the speculation...... PRESSURE's a ####. For anyone that's forgotten, Tony's won 2 Cup Titles. He KNOWS how to handle the PRESSURE. Ryan's always been "just that close" to getting there, buuuuuuuuuut, there again, PRESSURE's a ####. Another thought is 2008, Kyle and Carl won what, a total of 17 races between them?? Carl finished 2nd and Kyle finished 10th. There HAS to be that one KEY component to each team. In my opinion, the key is having that ONE person to step up and handle the PRESSURE when everyone else's knees are buckling. Another thing too....if we're gonna continue to speculate, why don't we look into any roster changes that were made before the Chase started. If there were any, don't ya think the dirty linen would've been accessible to the WONDERFUL media?? Couldn't it just be that Tubby Gibson TOTALLY SUUUUUCKS and can NOT motivate ANYBODY (including himself) to be anything more than below average ?? Its a little too late now, but IF Addington comes aboard, I'd be willing to bet that the SAME TEAM that's stinkin' things up right now would be kickin' #### and takin' A BUNCH of names. There are other CC's out there that could turn things around right now.....Doug Richert comes to mind, as does Booty Barker. These 2 guys are stuck in the pits of #### right now and I'm sure they'd do just about anything to get out of the crappy organizations they've been sentenced to.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

tonycrazy

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Did I SERIOUSLYjust read that?? OMG....I am so totally offended as a SMOKE fan.....Tony having a bad season and not winning till the chase is NOT new....this is basically his norm....back in 07 when he didnt make the chase he came back and won 3 races....CS I love ya man but to say Tony is "backstabbing" Ryan is ridiculous ....sorry but thats not how Tony rolls.....Ryan has had a tough yr....mainly (and i think we all can agree) due to TG....Ryan's talent alone got him into the chase...his runs in the chase have, IMO improved, but still basically like they have been all season....not sure if ur acting out of disappointment and feels the need to blame someone or what but i think ur on the wrong track here....Austin?? Really?? come on dude...

tc

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Austin is just mad cuz Jeff had some bad luck during the chase and Jeff has always idolized Tony. :lol:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

This theard is insane. First off Tony's season before the chase was more of bad luck with some bad performance. He should have won fives race probably. Tony is a two time chapion Ryan has none. Tony knows exactly how to win and the chase and that is why he is where he is today.

If your going to write something try to back it up by facts. The 39 team is just not as good as the 14 team late in the year. Ryan has also had bad luck he has a tire issue at Loudon, he wrecked at Talladega too.

There is a reason why Tony is considered one of the greats and Ryan has yet to achieve it in cup other than the 500.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:This theard is insane. First off Tony's season before the chase was more of bad luck with some bad performance. He should have won fives race probably. Tony is a two time chapion Ryan has none. Tony knows exactly how to win and the chase and that is why he is where he is today.

If your going to write something try to back it up by facts. The 39 team is just not as good as the 14 team late in the year. Ryan has also had bad luck he has a tire issue at Loudon, he wrecked at Talladega too.

There is a reason why Tony is considered one of the greats and Ryan has yet to achieve it in cup other than the 500.

OHHHHH,you'll burn in #### for this one SS! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Well, here's an interesting way to look at all the speculation...... PRESSURE's a ####. For anyone that's forgotten, Tony's won 2 Cup Titles. He KNOWS how to handle the PRESSURE. Ryan's always been "just that close" to getting there, buuuuuuuuuut, there again, PRESSURE's a ####. Another thought is 2008, Kyle and Carl won what, a total of 17 races between them?? Carl finished 2nd and Kyle finished 10th. There HAS to be that one KEY component to each team. In my opinion, the key is having that ONE person to step up and handle the PRESSURE when everyone else's knees are buckling. Another thing too....if we're gonna continue to speculate, why don't we look into any roster changes that were made before the Chase started. If there were any, don't ya think the dirty linen would've been accessible to the WONDERFUL media?? Couldn't it just be that Tubby Gibson TOTALLY SUUUUUCKS and can NOT motivate ANYBODY (including himself) to be anything more than below average ?? Its a little too late now, but IF Addington comes aboard, I'd be willing to bet that the SAME TEAM that's stinkin' things up right now would be kickin' #### and takin' A BUNCH of names. There are other CC's out there that could turn things around right now.....Doug Richert comes to mind, as does Booty Barker. These 2 guys are stuck in the pits of #### right now and I'm sure they'd do just about anything to get out of the crappy organizations they've been sentenced to.

Oh ####,you are going to burn in #### now-that's the best excuse you can find is pressure is a ####? :lol: Would love to say i agree with you about all of it but,oh ####,i do, least we'll be warm! :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

everyone knows how i roll, i am the one who likes to rev people up, but if tony wins it all more power to him, just like everyone hated the past 5 years, the champ is awarded based on the last 10 races, not what ya did in the first 26, with the new point system does nascar really need the chase???? probably not, except for merchandise purposes, i thought this year was a good year for racing, except for fuel mileage races.
as far as SHR goes, they do need to address the 39 team, 3 years of an idiot for a crew chief and a so so pit crew is enough, and if gibson comes back for a 4th year, well in my opinion SHR doesnt really care what goes on at the 39......
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

im4tony

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 am

Tony is a champion. Ryan has yet to get to that level. Ryan is a great driver but lacks drive. I love Ryan, he is a great guy but something has always been lacking on his part. He is not consistent.

Tony knows a championship win as an owner/driver hasn't been done since Kolwicki (SP?) He loves challenges and wants the cup title.

By the way as Ryan's boss and the fact that he has been ahead of Ryan most of the Chase, why not use Ryan's set up to get ahead? Don't Hendrick drivers use each other's setups and we know they use each other's pit crews when it comes to trying to get ahead. Remember last year?

Anyhoo....Tony is a great driver and deserves the Cup title this year. I am sure Ryan understands that whatever it takes to get Tony the championship, will be done. That is life, and that is the way it is.
Tony will make the necessary changes for next year for Ryan.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

cslonewolf

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Ryan lacks drive? Did I read that right? Whoever says that knows nothing about Ryan's career. Ryan is one of the best drivers out there on any given Sunday. No maybe he is not on the same level w/ Tony, or Gordon on a statistical level, but there is no denying the fact that the guy is one #### of a racecar driver. Ryan got a top 10 finish last week in Martinsville w/ a car that was a top 20 car at best. The man will run the wheels off of anything you put him in. He tries so hard to make something out of nothing and imo thats pretty fun to watch. However he shouldn't have to do that, he should have cars that will go fast, and handle in the turns. As long as he has Tubby Gibson ontop of his box Ryan will never be a legitimate contender for the title. Ryan can't fire him, thats Tony's job. How the 39 runs, or how much Ryan struggles does not effect the 14 so what does it matter to Tony. If there was going to be a change in the CC position for the 39 it would have happened last year when they failed to make the Chase. If Tony didn't can Tubby then he sure aint gonna do it now that they made it this year. It would be awesome if Attington did come to SHR, but (w/ all the rumors of Darian Grubb leaving as CC of the 14) ya know #### well if he did come to SHR he would be the CC for the 14. Tony will take him for himself like he did w/ Mobil 1. Leaving Ryan stuck w/ Tubby. I will be completely surprised if there is a Change on the 39. I just don't think Tony cares all that much, if he did these changes would have been made long ago.

I like Tony don't get me wrong, but I'm very frustrated about how things are going here.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Personally i think there is a LOT of OVERSPECULATIONS and even more UNDERESTIMATION in this company by so many who r not employed by SHR.....we get rumors, hints and what not but NONE of us really know what is goin on behind closed doors.....I think Ryan is only at fault as being a nice guy and it could be him that has kept TG from being fired, who knows....what i do know is Tony is not stupid and is a very savvy business man....having the 39 team do less than par performance only hurts his wallet and burns a bridge w/ Ryan unnecessarily .....that is not Tony's style....i think i'll just sit back and wait for the bossman to make the decisions....we know in due time....but these r just MY opinions...not worth much but they are mine :D

tc

<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:58 pm

The one thing i gotta say is i was frustrated how Tony ran for most part of the year and he still has the same cc now sitting second in points and everyone wrote Darian off too.Since we honestly don't know what goes on behind closed doors,it still appears to me if Ryan wasn't happy at SHR,don't yah think he'd leave? Since Ryan is the driver some think he is,as like me with my thoughts about Harvick,it shouldn't be a problem to move on,he had options this year? Kevin turned down Penske,i was like WTF not? They obviously know something we don't or they wouldn't stay there,so i would guess time will tell. The meantime,i agree everything isn't Rosey for Ryan,but i wouldn't believe it's all on the cc either.The main thing is Ryan least made the chase and there are alot of drivers who would love to at least be in that position,let alone championship,####-just to win a race!
<<

mutinywxgirl

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:59 am

My thought in all of this is that if the situations were reversed, that Ryan was 2nd in points and Tony was out of it, Tony would be putting all of the SHR resources into Ryan's team to win the championship. Tony is very savvy, as has been said multiple times in this thread. A championship for SHR is good - for everyone!

What happens after the season is over is yet to be determined. Knowing Tony, he has announcements lined up and ready to go so they can make great strides in the off-season. I don't know enough about the people involved to make an educated comment, so I will refrain with commentary in that respect.

Personally, I feel Tony is one of the smartest drivers out there. He may not be "highly educated", but he's incredibly savvy when it comes to business. In many cases that's more important (and that comes from a future PhD). I have the utmost confidence in his ability to surround himself and the entire organization - the 39 included - with the best possible people available at that time. I do hope that the CC for Ryan gets replaced. I like Ryan a lot (I'm a Boilermaker, after all), and I hate to see him struggle. As someone said, we don't know - Ryan may have rallied to keep TG. We just don't know.

So, for now, we hope that Tony wins the championship. That will help out the entire organization - not just Tony. I support SHR; that means I support both Tony & Ryan. I do so proudly!
~ Lisa ~

-KJ4NKM-
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I tried to stay off this topic, & certain parts I willl probably still avoid.
However to think an owner is giving one team worse or better parts is absurd.
I dont care if your Tony Stewart from Stewart/Haas. If you are jimmie Johnson from HMS or any other team/owner combo. Stewarts equipment is the exact same as Ryan's. Tony isnt gonna submarine Ryan's car, just so he can be #1 at SHR. That is rediculous. Hendrick isnt gonna sabotage one of his other teams equipment so JJ can be #1. There is no common sense to that. Engine builders, guys back in the shop, etc, etc.... work for SHR not the 39 or the 14 teams. What makes the teams different are the individual people on the 39 & 14 teams themselves. & that is where I get irrated is the personnel on the teams. I think Ryan's loyalties get in his way of improving his team. Which means if he isnt complaining as maybe he should about certain aspects of his team, I would hope Tony or Haas steps in & makes those decisions for the team. Kinda like Rick Hendrick did to Dale Jr. & Jeff Gordon. Dale Jr wanted to kkeep his CC even though they seemed to disagree all the time. Same with Gordon & Letarte. Mr. Hendrick stepped in & made the changes anyways. If Ryan isnt asking for changes, I hope the owners are paying attention enough to do it anyways.
As far as equipment & all that. Tony isnt getting better stuff than Ryan. I willl bet your bottom dollar, it is the exact same stuff.
BTW Wolfgang. the 14 team is better than the 39 team all year round. Not just late in the year.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing