FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Darian leaving SHR at season end??

<<

osoblu

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Darian leaving SHR at season end??

Race Hub tonight Steve brought up Darian leaving at the end of the year. Its the 2nd time I've heard this. They have Addington coming to crew chief for Tony????
<<

A2Zmama

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: Darian leaving SHR at season end??

Not only did Steve bring it up, but Bob Dillner said he was sure Darian would not be back next year. Very interesting....
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:57 pm

On NASCAR on Showtime, they asked about Darien and all Tony said was that "he'd be there through the end of the season (or year, I can't remember the exact verbage).

I would love for Steve to come to SHR, but they really need to do something about TG, ugh
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 pm

If Darian Leaves, I hope Ryan leaves too. Because if Darian leaves means the 39 team will be a dead duck, left to be the same as it is this year. While they attempt to improve the 14 team.
So I hope Darian isnt leaving, but it sounds as if he is.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:If Darian Leaves, I hope Ryan leaves too. Because if Darian leaves means the 39 team will be a dead duck, left to be the same as it is this year. While they attempt to improve the 14 team.
So I hope Darian isnt leaving, but it sounds as if he is.

Where would Ryan go,he had no place but here to go when Penske released him? Clint had to settle for MWR as there really is no place that he could go that is established and runs well every week and he brought his own sponsor with him.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Bel14

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Since they announced a new sponsor today for Ryan do not think he is going anywhere next year.
"Our race fans know more about my schedule than I know about my schedule...Race fans are a special breed of fan you do not see in other sports. They will ride the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows with you no matter what."
Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Bel14 wrote:Since they announced a new sponsor today for Ryan do not think he is going anywhere next year.

Well I never thought he was leaving, just wish he would have, instead of being in a lameduck situation, that seems to be coming.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:14 pm

If Grubb does step down as cc then I would assume he would move elsewhere at SHR. Maybe filling in that vacated competition director role. Idk. If the source is Bob Dilner then it means it's most likely not true.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:If Grubb does step down as cc then I would assume he would move elsewhere at SHR. Maybe filling in that vacated competition director role. Idk. If the source is Bob Dilner then it means it's most likely not true.

there were rumors awhile back that he was going back to HMS.
ImageImageImage
<<

MYLIPSARESEALED

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:21 pm

OKAY, I GET IT, YOU ARE SAYING DARIAN WOULD LEAVE AND SO WOULD RYAN?
I dont get the whole deal. Tony is a great friend of Ryans and Darians. Why would they call it quits? I think of Ryan AS tony 's lil bro. I think of Darian as Tony's best friend. IS there something we are all missing?
If Tony Comunnicates with someone else better and they seem to match each other's talent, then by all means, change. Tony needs to win, no doubts. Who in their right mind can speak Tony's language better than his dad? Well, Only those close to him knows. I just hope he knows that I am trusting in his better judgement in all that he has in his jock strap and mind power.
CARL can out smart Tony, if he isn't careful. Carl has the upperhand in physics. Tony has the upperhand in outright kickin ####. That IS WHY I LOVE MY BROWN EYED BABY BOY. TONY I LOVE YOU TILL THE END OF TIME. NO REGRETS.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 am

MYLIPSARESEALED wrote:OKAY, I GET IT, YOU ARE SAYING DARIAN WOULD LEAVE AND SO WOULD RYAN?
I dont get the whole deal. Tony is a great friend of Ryans and Darians. Why would they call it quits? I think of Ryan AS tony 's lil bro. I think of Darian as Tony's best friend. IS there something we are all missing?
If Tony Comunnicates with someone else better and they seem to match each other's talent, then by all means, change. Tony needs to win, no doubts. Who in their right mind can speak Tony's language better than his dad? Well, Only those close to him knows. I just hope he knows that I am trusting in his better judgement in all that he has in his jock strap and mind power.
CARL can out smart Tony, if he isn't careful. Carl has the upperhand in physics. Tony has the upperhand in outright kickin ####. That IS WHY I LOVE MY BROWN EYED BABY BOY. TONY I LOVE YOU TILL THE END OF TIME. NO REGRETS.

I am not saying Ryan is leaving at all. In fact from anything I have heard he is staying. Dont think he will ever leave SHR until retirement. Which from the way things are looking will suck for us Ryan fans. Tons of changes could happen during the offseason, & I could be wrong about the 39 team not making any changes. Lord knows I hope I am wrong, but if things goes the way they look right now, I (not Ryan) would like for him to move on, instead of being on a subpar team with no changes.
But I know he will stay with SHR.
Darian on the other hand. Sounds like he is moving on. (if you read between the lines)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 am

Darian may not be the crew chief but I highly doubt that the 2012 season starts and he isn't a part of SHR. Might be coming off the road to spend more time with his family or might be filling the competition director role. Whatever he does, I just feel like it'll be with SHR. I'd certainly be disappointed if he left the team altogether.

As for Steve Addington, I've always thought he was a great crew chief, back to when he nearly won a couple championships with Jason Keller in the Busch Series in 2001 and 2002. After dealing with Kyle Busch, who obviously can be petulant at times, and with Kurt Busch, whom I wonder how he has anyone willing to work with him, for the last five years, I'm sure working with Tony - who can still get worked up but not quite as divisively as those two, Kurt especially - will be a nice change of pace. I'd certainly welcome him working with my driver.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

im4tony

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 am

If Tony can pull off the championship this year, why would Darian leave? I know there were problems in the season but things seem to have come together. I am not sure what to think now.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 am

Tony gave Darian the grandfather's clock trophy from Martinsville - the only trophy Tony has ever given away (Tony's own words)! Darian may move to a different position, but I don't see him leaving SHR!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

A2Zmama

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Tony gave Darian the grandfather's clock trophy from Martinsville - the only trophy Tony has ever given away (Tony's own words)! Darian may move to a different position, but I don't see him leaving SHR!

Yeah, that!
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
Next

Return to Tony