FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

If tony wins?

<<

austin024

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

If tony wins?

Ok so lets face it, Not alot of us like the chase. We all have said that its not fair or something along those lines. Theres the first 26 races, then last 10 for the chase, And how JJ's dominated in the last 5 years. I getting at this. tony hasn't done crap the first 26 races, but so far the last stretch here he has done great. So if he Wins the championship, will you all dog him like you have Jimmie the past 5 years? Saying that the chase isnt fair? Or will be hypocrits?

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: If tony wins?

well I dont dog on Jimmy for winning 5 championships, but I still think the Chase is a joke.
So I wont dog Tony for winning it either, but I will still think of the Chase as a joke.
If Ryan wins a Chase Championship, I will be happy for him since I am a fan of his, but I still dont rank any Chase Championship on the same level as the one Kenseth last won. The Chase is a rediculous concept. Actually all it is. Is a gimmick to frabricate a close Championship battle at the seasons end. (which often backfires)
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Tony has a championship in the current format.
No sense "doggin" him for a 2nd in this format.
Figured you knew that.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

austin024

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 pm

jamo14 wrote:Tony has a championship in the current format.
Figured you knew that.

yes i knew that, but jj has 5 and every one dogs him

<<

dirt93

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm

I think the 5 championships are irrelevant whether you like or dislike JJ. Most people pick a driver and stick with them through it all. Not every driver has won a championship but people still support them, Mark Martin for example. I think people would feel the same way towards JJ even if he didn't have the 5 trophys.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:14 pm

austin024 wrote:
Figured you knew that.

not everyone dogs him, but it appears you want them too...
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

tonycrazy

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 pm

dirt93 wrote:I think the 5 championships are irrelevant whether you like or dislike JJ. Most people pick a driver and stick with them through it all. Not every driver has won a championship but people still support them, Mark Martin for example. I think people would feel the same way towards JJ even if he didn't have the 5 trophys.

Totally agree......Tony is the reason i started watching Nascar....a coworker was a big fan so i tuned in to see the hoopla.....watched him on the track and was hooked...and that was back in '07...i wasnt impressed w/ JJ then and still aint...has nothing to to do w/ his achievements or failures...the fact he has won 5 and the media shoves him down our throats is the hard part.....i would feel the same no matter who it was...cept Tony...obvious reasons of course....I like several diff drivers for diff reasons....not just for their ability on the track but some personal reasons....its not secret i like MTX, Marcos Ambrose and Bobby Labonte....just something clicks w/ me w/ them....i dont like JPM, the Busch bros...even tho i do respect Kyles driving....i dont like him on a personal level...im on the fence bout a few others...JJ Yeley is another fave of mine...he is just a nice guy and a #### of a dirt racer....Not a fan of the current pts system but its there for now and we just have to deal w/ it.....coulda woulda shoulda....we can disect it all day...but this is what it is...just that simple....

tc

<<

Lizard

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

austin024 wrote:
Figured you knew that.

Using terms as "every one" is where you are mistaken. Yes there are many who do, but it is not everyone.

I just do not click with JJ, I think it has to do with the fact that he tried to portray himself as the clean cut guy for PR reasons, but in reality can party with the best of them(case in point breaking elevator at Tony's during a party and creating stair surfing at same party while blitz).

Which driver your follow or support is a personal thing and as a friend said how can you be such a Smoke fan and then have also have Bobby LaBonte and Matt Kenseth as faves. I just like them but I have been a Tony fan since open wheel days.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smoke_14

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Tony is the only and will likely be the only Chase and Non-Chase champion. Enough said.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:06 am

Smoke_14 wrote:Tony is the only and will likely be the only Chase and Non-Chase champion. Enough said.

Kenseth is Lurking, so there might be two.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

I don't like the chase period though this is the second year in a row excitement has been created. Tony has won under the old format unlike Johnson. And he has won under the chase format already. It would be another title.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm

I doubt if Jimmie is holding his breath because he may not be liked by everybody. He is a race car champion just like several others but just so happened to make them all in a row. Good for him. For years I thought no one was going to get Jeff Gordon out of the winning circle but time catches up with everyone as pit crews and crew chiefs learned more than they ever had. It's a job for some and entertainment for the rest of us. Lets take the best part of NASCAR and enjoy it. It may not be around forever.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

austin024 wrote:Ok so lets face it, Not alot of us like the chase. We all have said that its not fair or something along those lines. Theres the first 26 races, then last 10 for the chase, And how JJ's dominated in the last 5 years. I getting at this. tony hasn't done crap the first 26 races, but so far the last stretch here he has done great. So if he Wins the championship, will you all dog him like you have Jimmie the past 5 years? Saying that the chase isnt fair? Or will be hypocrits?

Quit being a troll and trying to get stuff stirred up.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

austin024

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
austin024 wrote:Ok so lets face it, Not alot of us like the chase. We all have said that its not fair or something along those lines. Theres the first 26 races, then last 10 for the chase, And how JJ's dominated in the last 5 years. I getting at this. tony hasn't done crap the first 26 races, but so far the last stretch here he has done great. So if he Wins the championship, will you all dog him like you have Jimmie the past 5 years? Saying that the chase isnt fair? Or will be hypocrits?

Quit being a troll and trying to get stuff stirred up.

Well if ya dont like it dont read it.

<<

dirt93

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:36 pm

....and besides... If everyone liked the same driver it would get quite boring around here...lol
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
Next

Return to Tony