FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smoke without a partner . . . ON the track!

<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 am

Smoke without a partner . . . ON the track!

Since Found On Roadside Dead racing has mandated their drivers do the Beach Boy Bubba Ballet only with other FORD drivers, Smoke won't be able to 'trip the light fantastick' with Gilligan at Talledisaster this Sunday. Apparently Tony's gonna' be spending some time this weekend finding a fella for foxtrotting fun, instead of perfecting his piece. I hope the wallflower wooing goes faster for him than I remember (vaguely!) from my younger years . . . :?
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Smoke without a partner . . . ON the track!

IS ford paying to help Gilliland? Or is that team just an independant team using a ford?
Personally if I were Tony I would check into working with the 78 team. They have ties together & Regan is really good at these tandem tracks.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 pm

IS ford paying to help Gilliland? Or is that team just an independant team using a ford?

All 4 manufacturers provide support, monetary and/or engineering and components. The amount is negotiable, and no team would risk future assistance by disregarding the manufacturer's directive . . . RayGun included.

Let's hope Smoke's magnetic personality attracts a good one! (I'm actually not joking -- Tony is quite likable.)
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

SmokesAngel

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:17 pm

As for finding a partner, He and Jr always made a good tag team
<<

muskrat3

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:55 pm

He ran with Bobby Labonte in first practice and Andy Lally in second practice, already knows that he runs well with DG, The commentators even said he is the smart one this week, since ya never know who is going to have what kind of day it always best to multiple options.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:IS ford paying to help Gilliland? Or is that team just an independant team using a ford?

All 4 manufacturers provide support, monetary and/or engineering and components. The amount is negotiable, and no team would risk future assistance by disregarding the manufacturer's directive . . . RayGun included.

Let's hope Smoke's magnetic personality attracts a good one! (I'm actually not joking -- Tony is quite likable.)

there are some teams that switch manufactures throughout the season (not getting help from them) Gilliland is close to being a start & park team, so I was just curious.

As far as Regan Smith, he drives a chevy, & his pit crew is paid for by SHR. There is no risk there of upsetting manufactures.
Saw in practice though Regan worked with Kurt. Odd duo.
ImageImageImage
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:22 pm

per SHR tweets.....Tony is quoted saying "...We’re going to drop to the back anyhow, so the starting spot isn’t that important. The pit selections is, & 12th gets us a good spot."

so im guessing he is gonna drop back and pick up Landon Cassill....they did a lil practicing together

tc

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:33 pm

If I remember right, I think Landon Cassill pushed Tony to a win in the Nationwide Talladega or Daytona race, last year. Tony was in the #4 for KHI. I think Tony and Bobby would work well together, after all they used to be team mates. As for Rousch-Yates engines I wish them the best, NOT!! :twisted: ( Except for Trevor and David G.) I think the problem came when David Gilliland was the highest finishing Ford car and his dancing partner was Tony. So what do you do, punish that driver for the good of the Ford team. Now that makes all the sense in the world. It is like kicking yourself in the foot. Wait until it is 5 to go and we will see how well this plan works out for the Ford cars. :twisted:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 am

what the deal is the ford camp dont want any driver helping people who are in the chase that driver a different manufacture, as per rosch, and every ford team uses rosch/yates engines.....
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:33 am

I know of a couple teams looking for a driver who is good and would be willing to drive at least 26 races. Beats a start and park deal.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...

Return to Tony