FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Home Depot asked to cut back on #20 sponsorship

<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

Home Depot asked to cut back on #20 sponsorship

Dollar General, wanted to invest considerable dollars in JGR; but Home Depot would have to invest a little less to let Dollar General come on board in the fashion that Gibbs and others involved in the negotiations.
Gibbs did the only thing he figured he could do. He went to Home Depot and made the unusual request. He talked to officials there about sponsoring fewer Sprint Cup races on the No. 20

Now I realize that Logano is not running well and has not for a few years. Home Depot is not getting their money's worth out of him anyway. We already see how Bass Pro Shops is sponsoring Tony and Ryan (once for Tony and twice for Ryan this year as a primary sponsor). Maybe it is time to talk to Home Depot and see if Tony can rekindle that flame he once had and see if he can get a minor sponsorship going with them. For Home Depot to give up 12 races or a 1/3 of the season is a major cut in my opinion.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Home Depot asked to cut back on #20 sponsorship

beaverpond wrote:Dollar General, wanted to invest considerable dollars in JGR; but Home Depot would have to invest a little less to let Dollar General come on board in the fashion that Gibbs and others involved in the negotiations.
Gibbs did the only thing he figured he could do. He went to Home Depot and made the unusual request. He talked to officials there about sponsoring fewer Sprint Cup races on the No. 20

Now I realize that Logano is not running well and has not for a few years. Home Depot is not getting their money's worth out of him anyway. We already see how Bass Pro Shops is sponsoring Tony and Ryan (once for Tony and twice for Ryan this year as a primary sponsor). Maybe it is time to talk to Home Depot and see if Tony can rekindle that flame he once had and see if he can get a minor sponsorship going with them. For Home Depot to give up 12 races or a 1/3 of the season is a major cut in my opinion.

I agree that Home Depot would make a good sponsor at SHR. They really aren't getting their moneys worth out of the #20. But I can't see Dollar General getting too far either. They are over building and that kind of store will go just like others like them. They really aren't a dollar store and people are already complaining about what products are on the shelves.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Tinker

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Surprised HD hasn't threatened to drop sponsorship of Binky.

They were willing to walk away from Tony before he announced he would be leaving JGR to start his new venture...SHR.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Wish Home Depot would come on board. Anyone know how many more years Office Depot is signed for?
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Considering the number of races that Ryan does not have sponsorship for that Haas Automation has to pick it up for, which is something like 12 to 16 races then those 12 races that Home Depot does not have on the #20 would look good on the #39 or on that third team's car.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...

Return to NASCAR & Racing