FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goodbye Darrian

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Goodbye Darrian

now I am gonna have nightmares, will you leave me alone!
:roll: :D
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:now I am gonna have nightmares, will you leave me alone!
:roll: :D

only when ya holler "UNCLE" :lol: :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you Stewart Fans are spoiled. The 14 car was running 2nd for a lot of the race due to Grubb's calls on adjustments. Meanwhile the #39 CC (I refuse to use his name anymore) decisions were sending ryan 2 laps down. Where the 14 car took a turn for the worst was on the last two stops, which were made by Tony not the CC. To make it worse is tony slid through his pits to boot. So you guys want to fire the CC that gave Tony the 2nd best car in the field.

Amazing!

I would gladly take Grubb to replace the 39 teams current CC in a heartbeat.

We were spoiled Tony would be leading the points and running first during the race not second dam it! :lol: :lol: You can have Grubb,i want the #22 crew chief or Zippy back! :mrgreen:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 am

Taking 4 on the next to last stop was the "killer"...whom ever made that call. :roll: Took them from 2nd. to 12th. and they never recovered..."track position, track position, track position." That made that last stop relatively inconsequential.

Now, I think I understand the thought process, two tires(and a good restart) got them up to second..."if we take 4(and get a good restart) we MAY have a shot at a win." I understand the "gamble", but JJ had THE car(again) and it would have been hard for ANYONE to pass him. Smart play would have been to take 2(tires) and hang on to 2nd...that's how you win(or atleast compete to win) Championships. ;)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

A2Zmama

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

smoke14rulez wrote:Taking 4 on the next to last stop was the "killer"...whom ever made that call. :roll: Took them from 2nd. to 12th. and they never recovered..."track position, track position, track position." That made that last stop relatively inconsequential.

Now, I think I understand the thought process, two tires(and a good restart) got them up to second..."if we take 4(and get a good restart) we MAY have a shot at a win." I understand the "gamble", but JJ had THE car(again) and it would have been hard for ANYONE to pass him. Smart play would have been to take 2(tires) and hang on to 2nd...that's how you win(or atleast compete to win) Championships. ;)

Thank you! THIS was what I was trying to say (and obviously not doing a very good job). If you were losing ground to him when your car was running it's best, what makes you think that it's gonna suddenly chase JJ down at the end of the race? I was so happy with 2nd, seeing how JJ was running.

And here is my issue/lack of understanding. Does the CC not have the final say in making a stop? I've heard clips of Chad telling JJ "this is my car, you do what I tell you to", as far as stops. Is Darian afraid to tell the boss no, or did he agree in this case?
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:57 am

How many times have I heard Tony say....I work for Darian Grubb on Sundays?

And dumb old me, I tended to believe him. Tony, you are a terrible CC
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 pm

WHOA....HOLD THE PHONE.......I figured it out.....Tony wanted to give Darian the day off for his bday...lolol.....or maybe he thot he was to old to make calls since he was joking bout his age during pre race....LMAO......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tc

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Well then that joke back fired on him.

Sometimes it kills me when Tony makes the calls, but then there are a few times where it was a right call too. It's nothing but a crap shoot for each race. Your darned if you go this way or darned if you don't sometimes. That Zippy connection isn't there, but they're doing pretty good. Tony was up to 2nd in points & he has some tracks he does pretty good at coming up.

Whether or not he wins the championship, I still stand behind him as a driver.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

They shouldn't have pitted that last caution. That is where his issues went from bad to worst...
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

muskrat3

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:15 pm

SpeedRacerX wrote:When is Tony going to wise up and get rid of him? I hope the rumors are true and we can expect to see a new crew chief next year.

A deaf, dumb, and blind man could have done a better job with pit strategy at Kansas.

Darrian, do us all a favor and leave now. If you do, then Tony might just have a chance to salvage this season.

It has finally occured to me that there are people who know absolutley nothing about racing!! Grubb did an outstanding job Sunday. Even Tony's decision to get four tires made sense, if ya need to put a shim in, you need to take a tire off, Soooo. ya wouldn't put the old tire back on would ya. Tony's car wasn't great in traffic, Tony slid the car through the pit stall plain and simple.
BUT a rebound is not only possible but highly probable.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

tonysgal

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:33 pm

Leave Darian alone. that wasn't his fault.

tg
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

im4tony

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Okay now I will put in my 2 cents....This late in the season, mistakes should not be made whether it be Tony or Darian. This racing is week in and week out and they should be referring to notes, experience etc. When Tony came in the last time, I think that was a mistake. You don't give up track position with 2 laps to go.

Tony, you are a great driver but stay focused. We love you and hope you will win in Charlotte this weekend. You CAN do it...stay focused and keep up a positive attitude.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks Muskrat, I couldn't have said it better. There is no one probably regretting what happened more than Tony. Mistakes happen and he is still a great driver. He certainly didn't want to slide into the pits. Darian gave him a great second place car and if everything had gone the way they wanted, life would be good, and we would be celebrating; but it didn't. That is racing!! They are a great team and there is still hope. On to Charlotte!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Previous

Return to Tony