FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

cub fans..........

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 pm

cub fans..........

last nite i watched a great documentary about Steve Bartman and the 2003 "catch" I cant believe how that got got railroaded into bein the bad guy, when they guy next to him reached for the ball too and almost caught it, and he got blamed for them not making the series, i know it is tough when a team you love doesnt always win, but lets say it was Bartmans fault, he is not the one who committed the era to continue the 8 run inning, and he didnt lose game 7, of course i want to hear what the local SHR cub fans think, have they felt it was Bartmans fault, if so have you gotten over it, or do you see things totally different?
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: cub fans..........

Not a Cubs fan (obvioulsy) and I'm glad, they're the most obnoxious fans in the National League. Worse than the moral degenerates in Philly.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I wasn't #### about Bartman, I was #### Gonzo f%cked up a double play ground ball next, and like you said game 7.

BTW, nice generalization there Smoke14TS, thanks for calling me worse than a moral degenerate. Yeah, we're all like that. It's in the fan guide they give out every year.

real classy man
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:Not a Cubs fan (obvioulsy) and I'm glad, they're the most obnoxious fans in the National League. Worse than the moral degenerates in Philly.

Ummm... excuse me... but doesn't California take the prize for the worst fans? We beat ya up and put you in ICU for months.... we're the START of no or ending alcohol early..... and Aaron? I'm just guessing here... but I'm willing to bet you've never been to an Oakland Raiders ( football) home game.... hee hee hee....

The way I see it... if one is a baseball fan... then they can't be all bad. ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 pm

jamo14 wrote:I wasn't #### about Bartman, I was #### Gonzo f%cked up a double play ground ball next, and like you said game 7.

BTW, nice generalization there Smoke14TS, thanks for calling me worse than a moral degenerate. Yeah, we're all like that. It's in the fan guide they give out every year.

real classy man

Obviously I didn't mean ALL Cubs fan. What I mean is their worst are worse than the worst anywhere in the league.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 pm

well i can speak on philly fans, cuz ive been to many games of all 4 teams, eagle and flyer fans are the rudest and they will try to get ya in a altercation, i went to see the flyers play the northstars, and i had beer bottles thrown at me cuz i had a stars jersey on, btw i was only 17,

phillies fans have changed alot since CBP was built, it is a family atmosphere and the idiots are few and far between. except for that goober that ran on the field and got tazered (sp?) hahaha
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 am

only 17????
that's a good lead to the worst rocker ever
:D :D :D :D :D

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:15 am

you are a degenerate jam!!!!!!!!!
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 am

watched the back half of that last night.
It was well done.

There is a reason Chicago is called "The City of Broad Shoulders" and Bartman is a prime example of that.
he took all the heat for making a silly mistake,
hasn't taken any money for his story (unlike the guy who ended up with the ball, presenting it on tv w/o showing his face), and selling the ball for 100Gs
and still lives & works in the area.

<<

jamo14

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 am

michaeljohn wrote:well i can speak on philly fans, cuz ive been to many games of all 4 teams, eagle and flyer fans are the rudest and they will try to get ya in a altercation, i went to see the flyers play the northstars, and i had beer bottles thrown at me cuz i had a stars jersey on, btw i was only 17,

phillies fans have changed alot since CBP was built, it is a family atmosphere and the idiots are few and far between. except for that goober that ran on the field and got tazered (sp?) hahaha

and the Eagles fans that pummelled Santa Claus with snowballs are all in retirement homes HAHA

At Wrigley, the catch fence along the homerun wall was installed to help minimize "misplaced items" (popcorn, peanuts, and cups of beer) as outfielders from opposing teams fielded fly balls near the fence. HAHA
It's not done as much anymore because, quite frankly, ticket prices & refreshments are the 3rd highest in MLB
That being said, Wrigley continues to draw 3 million fans a year, whether they suck or not. No restaurants above the stadium, luxury suites are for the brass only, no parking lots, and no jumbotron to watch replays.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:34 am

the thing i took away from that, and you can tell me if im wrong, but it seems as the fans dont wanna blame the cubs for losing but rather blame these mysterious miscues that appear to happen, the goat, black cat, bartman..
<<

jamo14

Post Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 pm

you're not wrong

That being said, the littlest thing always seems to "jinx" the Cubs, and it's over.
The fan interference on that play sparked outrage on the field (Moises Alou), as well as the stands, and it created doubt in the player's minds (Alex Gonzolez was as sure-handed as Ozzie Smith at shortstop until that very next play).
What the movie didn't say about the Buckner Play in Boston was, he (a former Cub) was wearing his "lucky" Cubs batter's glove beneath that mit that missed that routine ground ball ;)

We Cub fans know that something will always happen, it just doesn't ever happen that late in the post-season....cause The Cubs always tank it before ever getting that far in the post-season (swept twice in a row in NLDS in 2005-2006; 1989 not even good enough to remember what happened there; 1984 up 2-0 in series and lose the next 3)
2003 was special cause it was shocking they even got that close to the World Series.....normally we just go and watch the games and drink heavily cause we know the players will underperform. We make a party out of losing.
The fans that were there earlier in the week were the party fans...buy a ticket so you can say you were there when the Cubs actually made it to the NLCS.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:02 am

phillies fans are so dramatic, many are saying, they let the city down and they are the worst team in baseball, they lost, but last nites game was a tight one, and the better team won, this is why i never get caught up in that stuff, if a team i like loses, its ok, sucks for them that they lost, but my life will be the same regardless the outcome, as i always say, appreciate what they do and dont let the negative outcome ruin that, just like if JJ doesnt win the cup this yr, oh well wasnt meant to be, but i will appreciate all he did to try and win......
<<

jamo14

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Looks like the starting pitcher did his job, just gave up 1 run

Next

Return to The Lobby