michaeljohn wrote:you may think chad is an ####, but at least he gives jj a car that drives and unlike tony gibson come on the radio like clock work " we will do better next week." that is the talk of a loser...
I honestly didnt mean it in a bad way. Just if you hear him you know when dealing with competition he is an A$S. I believe that is what makes him as good as he is. He doesnt worry about your feelings to get what he needs. Now that the media is trying to find some excuse if the 48 doesnt win it this year. (& that is all why we are hearing this kinda stuff) JJ & Chad always have comments back & forth. The media will point to some of this as why they didnt win it. Which will be all BS.
I think the Chemistry between Chad & JJ is as strong as always. I would take Chad in a heartbeat for the 39 team. Most great leaders arent known as nice guys.
Trust me, when I say Chad being an A$S, I dont think it is a bad thing. Honestly though what gets lost in lisstening to their bickering, is when Chad is pushing JJ's buttons, there is a design. The part that impresses me about Chad, is even though he is like an alpha male (for lack of better word) he knows when to back off, & let JJ go. When JJ was getting annoyed where it might affect him on the track, Chad knew when to let it go.
To be an A$S, you have to have an ego. To have an ego you have to be good at what you do.
I would take an A$S on the #39 pitbox in a heartbeat.
Honestly Chad might be the best COT CC of all time.
Right now if I had a to list my top 5 CC I would want for Ryan
1. Alan Gustafson (I believe he is has been for years highly underrated)
2. Chad Knaus (no explantion necessary)
3. Dave Rogers (When JGR switched Addington for Rogers I was one that thought huge mistake, but he has shown the abiltiy to make strong cars from the get go & to adjust bad cars to get good finishes, on top of dealing with Kyles antics. he is a CC I gave less credit too than was due)
4. Bob Osbourne (I believe one of the smarter outside the box thinkers)
5. Mike Ford (dont think he is underrated but would mix well with Ryan)