FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dead Weight???

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Dead Weight???

What's the "dead weight" Tony was talking about in Victory Lane ?? :?:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Dead Weight???

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Tried to google any kind of news blurbs from this week and came up with nothing. Whatever they did, they must have kept it very quiet. Maybe he'll be a little more specific on the Victory Lane show...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:38 pm

I am waiting for the post race presser on nascar.com.....i sure hope someone asks him about it
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

classic_chevy

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:02 pm

yeah thats what i'm waitin on
<<

classic_chevy

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:18 pm

he said to just leave it at that would not say anything else
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Maybe it's finally over with JZ. No more FWB, or maybe there weren't enough benefits...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm

It totally has to do with JZ. She showed up to a few things uninvited and I think he is just making it clear to her and the world it is over.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

chip28018

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Really Dead weight thats what we are gonna call the ex?? I don't know about this one I still think something else is going on.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Rochelle wrote:Maybe it's finally over with JZ. No more FWB, or maybe there weren't enough benefits...

I tend to agree, OUT with the G/F.... no more distractions..
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

He said "we" not he....i really dont think he would give her enuff credit to mention or imply she was causing him so much grief that it jacked w/ his racing....i dont think she carried that much weight w/him anyhow....Tony is out for his career and driving...
and all this talk that JZ was messing w/ his performance is just nonsense ......he has had bad times in previous yrs....was all those times due to girl probs?...i think not...#### happens....just the way it is...i wouldnt be so quick to blame any girl for his lack of performance (prior to the chase). There r many more things to factor in...and frankly not givin Tony enuff credit...He didnt get to where he is in life by allowing some girl to effect him that strongly....

tc

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:34 pm

My first thought was that somebody at SHR got a pink slip, not anything to do with JZ. But that was just my gut reaction, first impression when I heard his comment.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm

HH,

I have to agree with you on this one. Whenever I used that term, I just handed somebody their walking papers and it was because they were underperforming at their work duties and others were doing that person's job plus their own.
<<

Heather14

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:My first thought was that somebody at SHR got a pink slip, not anything to do with JZ. But that was just my gut reaction, first impression when I heard his comment.

I think darian said it has nothing to do with SHR.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Yep Darian said it had nothing to do with SHR... Maybe TSR ???? Tony said it was personal. hmmmm
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

by Jeff Gluck

Tony Stewart had just climbed from his car after winning Sunday's NASCAR Chase race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway when, out of the blue, he made a cryptic comment to ESPN reporter Vince Welch.

"We got rid of some dead weight earlier this week, so it's made it a lot easier," Stewart said of his team's sudden turnaround. "It's been a big weight lifted off our shoulders. Sometimes you've got to make adjustments in your life, and we did that, and it's definitely helped this weekend for sure."

Clearly, Stewart wasn't just referring to something that happened on the racetrack (like his first win of the season last week at Chicago).

And according to crew chief Darian Grubb, Stewart wasn't talking about any personnel moves related to his Stewart-Haas Racing team, either.

"Not that I know of," Grubb said, then added with a chuckle: "Maybe he's talking about (firing) me and I just don't know it yet."

So what exactly did Stewart mean with his "dead weight" comment?

Don't ask him. He had no intentions of elaborating on his remarks despite bringing up the subject – unprompted – on national television.

"We're just going to leave at that," he said.

When ESPN.com reporter Ed Hinton bravely tried to follow up with Stewart, the driver declined.

"No, you can't ask anything," Stewart said. "It is what it is. That's all it was, is what I said. And that's where we're going to leave it."

Next

Return to Tony