FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chad Knaus pit road pirate

<<

osoblu

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Chad Knaus pit road pirate

http://racejournalonline.com/index.php? ... rticle=842

Found this interesting. The 48 borrows a guy from SHR pit crew and keeps him. Thoughts?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Chad Knaus pit road pirate

if tony isnt objecting to it, i dont see what the big deal is, the problems at SHR run deeper than one tire changer that wasnt even bein used by tony.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 pm

I have been one guy that has been pretty hard on SHR pit crews (namely Ryans)
My thoughts right now though is I am not to sure there is anything wrong with the tire Changers. Think they may be fine. If I am correct on this, then why would Smoke be mad that one of his guys get to be a starter?
One thing I have noticed when the 39 team does pitstops. They are lights out when they all do a two tire stops (often being faster than other teams that are doing two tire stops) gaining him positions. When they do four tire stops they are simply horrid!!!!
Last week since Ryan was in pit stall one, I could see most often the tire changers come around hit the lugs & wait (& I mean a long time) for the car to be jacked up before they can pull the tires. Not sure if this is a jackman problem or the SHR crews simply have things out of sequence. Either they might have to upgrade their Jackman, or figure out why he isnt getting there in time(what ever other duties he is doing) But this made perfect sense to me why Ryans team is so good on two tire stops & so crappy on four tire stops. Now if this is a sequence thing, that would fall on whoever watches over the pit crews as a whole (some teams have a pitcrew coach) Not sure if SHR uses a coach or not, but if this is the case, you cant blame it on the tire changers/carriers & if your not blaming them, then why make a big deal about JJ taking a guy from a position that isnt hurting Smokes team. How do you people know if Tony wanted JJ's scab crews jackman, they wouldnt give it to him. I am pretty sure the door swings both ways for these teams. Cant see Tony allowing himself to be an R&D team for HMS. Think some peoples imagination gets the better of them sometimes.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:34 pm

thing i noticed a lot lately sch.. is that some people wouldnt mind swapping CC's, there is a reason why ryan is running good lately, and i think you and i talked about this before, that ryan has adapted to his team, knowing there will be a point and time when they screw up, he bails them out on the track, i wouldnt mind darian bein CC for ryan, people need to keep this in mind, this was a par 35 team at best when tony and ryan got there, and they kept most of the personal from the haas days, that is where the problem inlays for SHR, they need to overhaul the people at the shop, and then work on the crews, just remember the gas milage races, one or two of them tony wanted to stay out, so darrian can not take all the blame, i personally think darrian and ryan would make a good combo because they both have a reserved personality......
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 pm

I would be all for a CC swap. Actually would be excited for it.
I dont think TG could handle Tony though. Tony would break him, when he gets mad. Ryan when he is really pi$$ed might throw out a cuss word or two, then go back to being Ryan. I think TG might be a decent car chief, but not great guy to have on the box.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 am

No CC swap. Tony has dibs on Darian.

As for Chad getting a SHR pit crew member. Doesn't SHR train pit crew guys anyway? I am sure they have a ton of guys that losing one guy doesn't hurt him. I see the HMS connection as more of a partnership. All the drivers consider each other kinda teammates and they share info.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:No CC swap. Tony has dibs on Darian.

As for Chad getting a SHR pit crew member. Doesn't SHR train pit crew guys anyway? I am sure they have a ton of guys that losing one guy doesn't hurt him. I see the HMS connection as more of a partnership. All the drivers consider each other kinda teammates and they share info.

Hey if Tony fans want a CC swap, I say lets give it to them!!!!! I am a team player & want to help out Image
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Hey if Tony fans want a CC swap, I say lets give it to them!!!!! I am a team player & want to help out.

You've got something up your sleeve, Schmoopy. You're agreeing too easily. :roll: ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Hey if Tony fans want a CC swap, I say lets give it to them!!!!! I am a team player & want to help out Image

tony fans dont know what frustration is, give them gibson for two weeks, then we can talk :twisted:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

tony fans dont know what frustration is, give them gibson for two weeks, then we can talk :twisted:

ImageImageImage
<<

classic_chevy

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:02 pm

does anyone know who chad took from tony's team ?
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 am

stay with what you have is the best motto
<<

OldTimmer

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:01 am

I believe the point to this post is the fact that Chad kept the crew member.
If the crew member was that good then why was Tony not using him.
One of these days the same thing will happen to Chad and he will have a hissy fit.
Go Rocket Man

Return to Tony