FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Muldowney receives award from women's racing group

<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 am

Muldowney receives award from women's racing group

BROWNSBURG, Ind. (AP) -- Danica Patrick and Shirley Muldowney have both won awards from the Women in the Winner's Circle Foundation.
Patrick, the IndyCar star who is moving to NASCAR next season, won the 2011 Achievement Award. Muldowney, the first woman to win an NHRA world championship, is this year's recipient of the Mildred Marcum Pioneer Award.
Muldowney is the second drag racer to win the Pioneer Award, which honors female racers who changed the sport for other women. She won three NHRA Top Fuel world titles and 18 NHRA nationals.
Patrick was the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500 and the first to win an IndyCar race.
The foundation was founded by former IndyCar driver Lyn St. James.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

A2Zmama

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Muldowney receives award from women's racing group

She also had a grandstand named after her at Indy this weekend. Congrats to "our" leading lady :D
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Danica came in 6th today in the Baltimore Gran Prix... Good Job !!!
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Shirley i can understand the award and i agree it was long overdue!
<<

nitrodani

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:49 pm

if ya'll knew cha cha personally u wouldn't have a nice thing to say i know i don't so i am gonna keep my mouth shut.
<<

A2Zmama

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 pm

nitrodani wrote:if ya'll knew cha cha personally u wouldn't have a nice thing to say i know i don't so i am gonna keep my mouth shut.

I met her several times, about 20 years ago, when she used to come to Phoenix for match races. She was always polite to me personally, but I've seen her chew on a few people (hardcore). I'm glad she was rewarded for her racing accomplishments, but agree that she isn't winning any awards for being a nice lady :|
Just because I'm a family raising, meal cooking homemaking wonder, doesn't mean I'm a desperate housewife.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:06 pm

nitrodani wrote:if ya'll knew cha cha personally u wouldn't have a nice thing to say i know i don't so i am gonna keep my mouth shut.

Oh come on nitrodani,out with it,don't hold back. :lol: Live here where she grew up in Schenectady,Ny.and i knew her first husband who past away a few short years ago.Personally, never met her,but i've heard some pretty wild stories all the same from the people who grew up here both good and bad.Jack,her ex-husband, never talked about her either way so i never pushed him on the subject,figured it was his own bussiness.They all say she use to have a sign on the back of her car quoted-"if you can catch me,you can eat me",long before her dragster days.Thou i have seen her and i gotta say,i wouldn't even begin the chase now or then. :lol: :lol:

Return to NASCAR & Racing