FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I don't get it

<<

OldTimmer

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I don't get it

Head 2 Head on NASCAR.com
Will there be a first-time champ in the Cup Series?
http://www.nascar.com/news/110905/head2 ... index.html

They mention 9 of the 12 drivers that are in contention for the Sprint Cup.
Seems that they are counting out the other 3 already.
Ryan Newman Racked up the most points during last years chase.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 21st last year he's hungry
Denny Hamlin Almost dethroned Mr no time (Sorry if that offended anyone)
Ryan needs to win the championship and make them eat there words
Go Rocket Man
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: I don't get it

denny hamlin chocked last year, couldnt handle the pressure.. and it shows by his performance this year.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 am

Hamlin just messed up big time last year and Carl in 2008. Though Carl didn't choke he just had 2 bad races. If Carl hadn't had those tow bad races and Denny didn't admit to JJ that he was nevrous JJ would be short at least 2 championships.

That being said I pick Carl Edwards for the title. JJ's is still very good but his domiance is obviously gone. Still just that one win at Talladega.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 am

sorry SS, coulda woulda shoulda doesnt mean nothing in racing, JJ took the championship in 08 from carl, point in case the atlanta race when JJ finished 2nd and that messed with carl's head, it doesnt matter JJ has one win, sure the extra points wouldnt hurt he has been more consistent then any driver, only bad races were daytona 27th and charlotte, i think 35th, he has no pressure going into the chase, hence why they dont make lil mistakes, does this mean he will win? no, but he has a better than most, RCR has fallen off big time RFR is starting to self destruct, and kyle, his head will take him out of the chase.
<<

aws14

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am

I don't think Denny choked last year. His crew chief screwed him over at the Phoenix race and that lost them the chance at the championship. Mentally, I still don't think he's gotten over it.
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:56 pm

I agree with the original post but not that Denny choked last year. I don't think there's anything more he could have done to last year. The man raced with injuries, postop and won! He can win a championship but everything has to align together, just like Ryan.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:48 pm

well they acted like they won the championship after texas, they all thought they were hot sh*t and we know where that got them, talked themselves out of the championship, btw, mike ford didnt make denny spin coming of turn two and tearing up the spliter, they call that chocking.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Hopefully there will be a first time champion this year,since the playing field is more level now, i wouldn't rule it out.Denny Hamlin is his own worst enemy,even if he did make the chase i wouldn't bet a nickel on him.What amazes me is no matter what Nascar throws out there,the #48 team is still in contention and that possability is still there.Dale Jr.may be hungry,but that team isn't a championship caliber team yet i'm afraid.RCR pulls their heads out their a$$es Harvick would have a chance,but i don't see that happening anytime soon.History again repeats itself as it has the past ten years at RCR and Bowyer has alot of talent,yet they can't land him a sponsor? Thou it may be hard to land a good sponsor these times,i often wonder if sponsors are tired of the same o same o $hit too? The rest is anyones guess,but that's how i see these teams mentioned anyway.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:39 pm

I obviously want Ryan or Tony to win the championship, that would friggin ROCK!

I also think it can happen.

However, I like being right, and I said at the beginning of the year that the 48 team will win it again this year.
NASCAR (and indycar for that matter) is a lot like the "Friday the 13th" movies......everyone knows how it's gonna end :twisted:

That being said, it should be noted that I picked Vancoucer to win the NHL Stanley Cup last season....and they choked in game 7 of The Finals :lol: :lol:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

that bein said, so did the bears :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to NASCAR & Racing