FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Welp....that sucked...

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Welp....that sucked...

Annalee wrote:I just don't understand how Tony can run so badly and Ryan run so well.

That is the $64,000 question, isn't it! We are all wondering the same thing. Unfortunately, so is everyone back at SHR and they are the professionals who get paid the big-bucks to figure it out. Apparently, they haven't found the answer(s) yet either. Sad. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

im4tony

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:52 pm

bigorange wrote:Last week, they brought a 2+ year old car to Michigan and wondered why they couldn't get the balance dialed-in all day. This week, they bring an intermediate track car (over 1 1/2 years old) to a short-track for the first time and sucked it up again.

I'm not saying bring a new car each week, but this just doesn't make sense.

Find the chassis that dominated 'Vegas earlier this year and drive it until the wheels fall off. I don't believe it has been run since then, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Doesn''t make sense if tony wants to be in the Chase
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Just saw the race. That might have been the worse race Tony's had ever. It's been such a dishearting year. Jamie getting 5th helped a little though. I just hope Tony can hag and make the chase. I believe he will contend at Atlanta for some reason and based on his 9th place finish at Richmond in the spring and his performance at Loudon I feel good at Richmond. I just hope he can win a race.

If Tony pulls off top 10's at the remaining two races, he is in. He can certainly do that at Atlanta. And really, the way he ran at Dover in the spring was MUCH worse then this past weekend. I was there for this race, and the race at Dover. He was po'd at Dover, saying he wanted to wreck it. He never got frustrated at Bristol. It was very workman like. Kept their heads down and just plugged away.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

bigorange

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Annalee wrote:If Tony's car was that old, how old was Ryans? Since Matt Borlin has taken over, Ryan has run so much better and Tony hasn't. Ryan is now quallifying like he used to, which is great for him. I just don't understand how Tony can run so badly and Ryan run so well. I am such a Tony fan, this just hurts to see him and the crew struggle so much. I thought I heard Tony say on the scanner, that after the last pit stop, he thought they had hit on something, but alias it was too late. I know I am grasping at straws, but I am looking for a glimmer of hope.

For Bristol, Ryan also had a 2+ year-old car, but one which has 4 top ten finishes in just 5 starts. No wonder he's comfortable in it... he put it on the pole and got another top-ten. At Michigan, he used the same car he drove at Indy, where it was a brand-new chassis and started 23rd but finished 12th. He started 3rd and finished 5th in it at Michigan.

Matt Borland (SHR's new competition director) was Newman's crew chief when he was at Penske, so Matt knows more of what Ryan wants right now until he gets to know Tony some more. Just my thoughts.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Hey Big Orange and thanks for the informative posts. Hope you continue to post!
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:44 am

Smoke_14 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Just saw the race. That might have been the worse race Tony's had ever. It's been such a dishearting year. Jamie getting 5th helped a little though. I just hope Tony can hag and make the chase. I believe he will contend at Atlanta for some reason and based on his 9th place finish at Richmond in the spring and his performance at Loudon I feel good at Richmond. I just hope he can win a race.

If Tony pulls off top 10's at the remaining two races, he is in. He can certainly do that at Atlanta. And really, the way he ran at Dover in the spring was MUCH worse then this past weekend. I was there for this race, and the race at Dover. He was po'd at Dover, saying he wanted to wreck it. He never got frustrated at Bristol. It was very workman like. Kept their heads down and just plugged away.

Your right about dover. I heard some of the radio and he was pretty mad. And finished 6 laps down.

I hope he ends up doing something in the chase. If he can get 1 or 2 wins, 10 top fives, 17 top tens and like 7th in points I'll be happy with that and hope the 4th season is the charm.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Just a suggestion: How about the Las Vegas car to Atlanta? Didn't you finish 2nd there. Aren't the tracks similar? Then Tony, pretend you are General Sherman marching through Atlanta and take no prisoners. The dates are the same only seperated by 147 years. Sounds like a plan to me. ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:31 pm

OK,I JUST GOTTA SAY IT,TONY SHOULDA STAYED AT JGR!! HAPPY,DAM IT!! :P
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

bigorange

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:35 pm

wolfgang wrote:OK,I JUST GOTTA SAY IT,TONY SHOULDA STAYED AT JGR!! HAPPY,DAM IT!! :P

Follow the money. Tony reportedly invested $0 when he was asked to partner with Gene Haas... he just brought his name to the organization. The value of SHR supposedly rose from $60 million to $120 million overnight when Tony came on board, and now he owns 50% of that.

So, for just signing your name, you get $60 million bucks and a chance to be your own boss. What would you do? Stay at JGR and answer to those guys?
<<

Driven2Win14

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey man it's o.k. He's still in the top 10 in points and we got some really good tracks coming up. Chin up.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Driven2Win14 wrote:Hey man it's o.k. He's still in the top 10 in points and we got some really good tracks coming up. Chin up.

I'm trying to stay positive!!

GO SMOKE!!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

bigorange

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Tony will be using the car that dominated 'Vegas earlier this year this weekend at Atlanta! This car was new in the 2010 Coca-Cola 600 where it qualified 26th and finished 15th. It then finished 5th at the 2010 Brickyard 400 and was shelved for the remainder of the season. It ran this year at 'Vegas and then again at the 2011 Coca-Cola 600 where it was strong until the motor quit late in the race. It was last used at the fuel-injection test at Kentucky.

Ryan's chassis info is not known at this time.
<<

osoblu

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

I asked the Nascar Insiders about the 2 1/2 yr old chassis:

Tony had an evil car at Bristol and he finished poorly. I read that the chassis for that car was 2 1/2 years old. Has there been significant changes to chassis’ in the last 2 1/2 years and if so could they be easily changed on an older chassis??

The base of the chassis, the center section, is probably that old, but the front and rear clips are no doubt much newer than that. Teams are constantly making changes and improvements to chassis designs, and there is no doubt that Tony’s car at Bristol had up-to-date components. – T.C.

Also, speaking of chassis Jayski says Brad, Kyle,Harvick and Edwards all have new chassis for Chicagoland. Couldn't find anything on Gordon or Newman. Tony's chassis for Chicagoland debuted in May at Darlington.
Previous

Return to Tony