FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Welp....that sucked...

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Welp....that sucked...

At least it's over.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 am

Re: Welp....that sucked...

BIG TIME SUCKED :!: :!: :!: It looked like those guys had never set up a race car before... or been to Bristol before. Of course, poor Clint was just as bad.

I just don't understand it. :? :? :? :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

bigorange

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:38 am

Last week, they brought a 2+ year old car to Michigan and wondered why they couldn't get the balance dialed-in all day. This week, they bring an intermediate track car (over 1 1/2 years old) to a short-track for the first time and sucked it up again.

I'm not saying bring a new car each week, but this just doesn't make sense.

Find the chassis that dominated 'Vegas earlier this year and drive it until the wheels fall off. I don't believe it has been run since then, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:57 am

it sucked a hind t!t
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 am

bigorange wrote:Last week, they brought a 2+ year old car to Michigan and wondered why they couldn't get the balance dialed-in all day. This week, they bring an intermediate track car (over 1 1/2 years old) to a short-track for the first time and sucked it up again.

Find the chassis that dominated 'Vegas earlier this year and drive it until the wheels fall off. I don't believe it has been run since then, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Then somebody is making very bad decisions back at the SHR shop and doesn't deserve to keep their job. That car was bad right from the time they unloaded. When the car starts that bad, it's not reasonable to expect the crew to be able to fix it in 1 day and 2 practices. The root problem, IMO, started way earlier back in Kannapolis. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 am

HiddenHollow wrote:
bigorange wrote:Last week, they brought a 2+ year old car to Michigan and wondered why they couldn't get the balance dialed-in all day. This week, they bring an intermediate track car (over 1 1/2 years old) to a short-track for the first time and sucked it up again.

Then somebody is making very bad decisions back at the SHR shop and doesn't deserve to keep their job. That car was bad right from the time they unloaded. When the car starts that bad, it's not reasonable to expect the crew to be able to fix it in 1 day and 2 practices. The root problem, IMO, started way earlier back in Kannapolis. :(

...as long as Tony doesn't mind suckin'...nothin' will change... ;) :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:20 am

Good lord, I didn't know that one. Though I haven't had time to surf around to read stuff like I use to & I usually come here to see what the word is on stuff.

Even I would have taken a car that old! Who's slipping these people dunce pills? Tainted water? Dementia setting in?

This is not the time to be testing out old equipment. If you know you don't have a chance to win the championship, at least get in the chase first then use the races left for a testing period if you don't care about winning! Unless they figure that was their toss out race & must rely on Atlanta & Richmond to pull them for sure into the chase?

Tony should know how old of vehicles they're taking & he shouldn't get #### off when they don't work like they expect them to. Time for some off testing.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

osoblu

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 am

Hope that they find what they've lost. Its really embarrassing to be that far off in the setup. Hopefully some heads will roll. Tired of the crappy cars and dismal finishes.

Believe it or not the 14 won an award last night. Anyone else find this ironic

Tony Stewart: Tony Stewart wins O’Reilly Auto Parts award
Tony Stewart - D - 14 - Aug. 28 - 12:17 am et

Tony Stewart wins the O’Reilly Auto Parts Award after a 28th place finish in the Sprint Cup Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
The $5,000 award is presented to the eligible driver who improves the most positions from their starting position to their finishing position. He improved his finish 14 places from his 42nd place start in the lineup. Stewart is currently 10th in the 2011 Sprint Cup point standings. Aug. 28 - 12:17 am et
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Sometimes you're the windshield.... sometimes you're the bug...

Each NASCAR track and COT are made up of soooooo many different variables, it would be impossible to be perfect each week. Matt Borland is now calling most of the shots and most blame lies on him... then the car crew ( fab, engine, etc shops ), then the pit crew and then Tony. Tony can only do what the others help him with.... in spite of occasionally being able to drive the wheels off a crap car and do good.

As Ben Cartwright once told Little Joe.... "Good and bad times visit EVERY man. It's what that man chooses to let those times do to him... that's what really counts."

I know we're all disappointed & frustrated....but let's at least try & keep the love & hope going. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:46 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Sometimes you're the windshield.... sometimes you're the bug...

Each NASCAR track and COT are made up of soooooo many different variables, it would be impossible to be perfect each week. Matt Borland is now calling most of the shots and most blame lies on him... then the car crew ( fab, engine, etc shops ), then the pit crew and then Tony. Tony can only do what the others help him with.... in spite of occasionally being able to drive the wheels off a crap car and do good.

As Ben Cartwright once told Little Joe.... "Good and bad times visit EVERY man. It's what that man chooses to let those times do to him... that's what really counts."

I know we're all disappointed & frustrated....but let's at least try & keep the love & hope going. :-)

I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in #### of repeating, but I plan to keep the love going next week at AMS. Will be in the Elliott Grandstand (turn 3) waving my 14 cap like a fool all race long whether he's first or 31st. He's my driver and always will be my driver regardless of whether or not he's leading the way or trying to get out of it.

This streak has sucked and has been such a disappointment, but Tony has never had a particularly bad stretch in his Cup career. We Smoke fans have kinda been spoiled, we have to take the bad with the good. Just so long as the bad don't last so long. It'll turn around, we root for the best driver out there, he's too good for it not to turn around. Will take some time, might be his first winless season, but if it is, it is what it is. All the legends have gone winless, I mean #### Double J is a couple inches away from being winless this year too.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I went to my first Bristol race this weekend. Though it didn't turn out great for Tony, I had a complete blast. Anyone who hasn't been to Bristol NEEDS to go. Best place to watch a race. As for Tony, he just was off all weekend. I watched him during both practices and it was like the spring race at Dover this year. Whatever they threw at it, nothing worked. Tony however never seemed to lose it during the race. Unlike Bowyer and Harvick who couldn't stop complaining on the radio. After the flag fell Tony came on the radio and thanked the crew for all the hard work and for not giving up. He apologized to the crew for "getting them in this hole." Not sure what that exactly meant.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Smoke_14 wrote:I went to my first Bristol race this weekend. Though it didn't turn out great for Tony, I had a complete blast. Anyone who hasn't been to Bristol NEEDS to go. Best place to watch a race. As for Tony, he just was off all weekend. I watched him during both practices and it was like the spring race at Dover this year. Whatever they threw at it, nothing worked. Tony however never seemed to lose it during the race. Unlike Bowyer and Harvick who couldn't stop complaining on the radio. After the flag fell Tony came on the radio and thanked the crew for all the hard work and for not giving up. He apologized to the crew for "getting them in this hole." Not sure what that exactly meant.

I went to the Nationwide race last March and I agree about going there. I'm biased towards AMS being best, but Bristol lived up to the hype.

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Tony, JJ, Flipper, and the Busch Bros will be testing the new race surface at Phoenix on Monday and Tuesday. Let's hope he has a blast and that he can clear his mind of Bristol and get ready for Atlanta.

We fans take for granted his greatness and this is a rough patch that will hopefully end soon. I'm a thinking some changes need to be made though.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:28 pm

If Tony's car was that old, how old was Ryans? Since Matt Borlin has taken over, Ryan has run so much better and Tony hasn't. Ryan is now quallifying like he used to, which is great for him. I just don't understand how Tony can run so badly and Ryan run so well. I am such a Tony fan, this just hurts to see him and the crew struggle so much. I thought I heard Tony say on the scanner, that after the last pit stop, he thought they had hit on something, but alias it was too late. I know I am grasping at straws, but I am looking for a glimmer of hope.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:46 am

Just saw the race. That might have been the worse race Tony's had ever. It's been such a dishearting year. Jamie getting 5th helped a little though. I just hope Tony can hag and make the chase. I believe he will contend at Atlanta for soemreason and based on his 9th place finish at Richmond in the spring and his performance at Loudon I feel good at Richmond. I just hope he can win a race.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
Next

Return to Tony