FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

is everyone ok after earthquake

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Re: is everyone ok after earthquake

nitrodani wrote:... i'm like. well i'm not real stable anyway.. lol

Oh, Dani... you left the door wide open with that comment... but I will resist the temptation. :twisted: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

GOOD to hear everyone is OK, especially out there in VA and surrounding area's. :-)

Sorry if this seems snarky... but us West Coasters are having a little giggle over everyone freaking out in the East. Jeepers... somebody call Cali and we'll walk y'all thru it. hee hee hee

When we get a twister, hurricane or ( big ) tornado and we freak out... y'all can get even. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:56 pm

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/

Here's an earth quake web site you can keep track on.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:48 pm

smokieonefour wrote:GOOD to hear everyone is OK, especially out there in VA and surrounding area's. :-)

Sorry if this seems snarky... but us West Coasters are having a little giggle over everyone freaking out in the East. Jeepers... somebody call Cali and we'll walk y'all thru it. hee hee hee

When we get a twister, hurricane or ( big ) tornado and we freak out... y'all can get even. :-)

Yeah I hear ya Smokie, I lived in Oakland Cal, back in the late 70's... If U can see water Sluuushing out of the toilet, Hmmmmm, It's about a 4.7 Quake!! :lol: :lol: Bewear East Coasters Hurricane Irene is Commmm'in...YIKE's :shock:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

J............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Water sloshing out of the toilet.

Not funny really, but it just stuck me as such. Never been in a strong quake........is that even possible? The toilet deal, not me in a large quake.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:J............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Water sloshing out of the toilet.

Not funny really, but it just stuck me as such. Never been in a strong quake........is that even possible? The toilet deal, not me in a large quake.

YES SW, it happen when I was in Cal, right in front of my eye's :shock: I couldn't beleave my eye's! Water everywhere on the floor!!!!!! I'm Not goin back to Cal eather........
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:09 am

Glad all MY east coast buddies r ok.....now like Rulezy said....batton down the hatches for Irene...and ur right NDunn.....this has been a crazy weather yr for sure!!!! For me its been a crazy yr all together....lol

tc

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 am

ok in NJ
<<

awsum20

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:54 am

happy to hear everyone is ok,
poor Nikki was so scared, he was walking around with trash can wanting to vomit. he has a sensitive stomach,when he gets upset he vomits.once he knew poppa & auntie dawn were ok he was ok too.had a few after shocks, another one at 1:00am.

now the fun part of going out in the yard & taking everything down & putting away. makin sure i've got everything before Irene gets here.
if it's not one thing it's another.
so for everyone on the east coast, please check in over the weekend to let us know your ok

LOVE YAS & MISS YAS
stay SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:15 am

I know what you mean about taking everything down and making sure things are put away in the shed. I'm working on all mine now. Rulez you'd better really batten down over there.....you're going to be much closer to the center than me. Stay safe everyone! Wonder what Bristol will be like? Hummm!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 am

smokieonefour wrote:GOOD to hear everyone is OK, especially out there in VA and surrounding area's. :-)

...well, you guys move into 50+ year old wooden framed brick and mortar buildings...THEN let's see how cavalier you are... ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:24 am

longtimetonyfan wrote:I know what you mean about taking everything down and making sure things are put away in the shed. I'm working on all mine now. Rulez you'd better really batten down over there.....you're going to be much closer to the center than me. Stay safe everyone! Wonder what Bristol will be like? Hummm!

...looks like it may stay offshore...still will be high winds and rain and storm surge, especially on the Northern edge of the storm. Not sure about Bristol, it's relatively far inland.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

nitrodani

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:06 am

looks like bristol will be fine is what the nascar weatherman said. to all those in the path or potenteial paths please stay safe.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:24 am

Rulezy... that's about all they have in Oakland... old 50+ bldgs! LOL But even in the "newer" homes, the big ones can still be felt.

Didn't mean to make light of anyone's feelings. I understand there was little to no damage reported and no casualties. In CA, that's a "good" quake. :D But hey.... we ALL get that gut wrenching feeling when the earth moves from under your feet... and that can be very scary, especially for the little kids.

Looks like Irene is gonna hit FLA today... so all you Floridians, be safe! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:57 am

Irene may not directly hit or come real close to certain areas but remember the area surrounding the eye which is what they base landings, can be bad....severe storms, high winds and heavy downpours w/ floodin still happen....Bristol could still get rain and lots of it w/o it being in the path....when Katrina hit the Gulf we got LOTS AND LOTS of rain for several days...and look how far inland we r....not to mention bad storms came w/ it...so just because the "eye" dont hit land doesnt mean it wont be bad inland....

tc

PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby