FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Top Ten Free Agency Deals Carl Edwards Turned Down

<<

peanut1439

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Top Ten Free Agency Deals Carl Edwards Turned Down

10. From Michael Waltrip Racing: A NAPA KnowHow karaoke machine, free with a Michael Waltrip mixtape and brochure: How To Sell Your Sponsors And Annoy People 101.

9. From Richard Petty Motorsports: A check that doesn’t actually bounce… but we can’t guarantee that next month.

8. From Earnhardt Ganassi Racing: One free payback “incident” for any driver of choice, courtesy Juan Pablo Montoya’s front bumper.

7. From Tommy Baldwin Racing: Can be one of the Top 10 Kids who eat free at Golden Corral.

6. From NEMCO Motorsports: A chance to run 500 laps… for the WHOLE year! Bonus incentives for running five laps or less.

5. From Stewart-Haas Racing: Lifetime supply of Burger King along with the “Freshman 15” Carl’s health programs never gave him the chance to gain. Free temper tantrum lessons included.

4. From Penske Racing: Kurt Busch’s entire pit crew… for some reason, they all immediately volunteered to leave when told they could work for anyone else.

3. From Red Bull Racing: Beautiful, empty 10,000 square-foot race shop in Mooresville, along with a fleet of race-ready Toyotas at bargain prices. Talks cut off when Edwards reminded RBR management they would actually have to pay him… not the other way around.

2. From Hendrick Motorsports: The opportunity to carry Jimmie Johnson’s jockstrap.

1. From Joey Logano: A free ice cream and a “pretty, pretty, pretty please don’t ruin my career!” Oh wait… he took that one. Was wondering what made the difference with Roush Fenway…
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Top Ten Free Agency Deals Carl Edwards Turned Down

Hee hee hee.... cute! :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Just to turn the tables peanuts I list the 10 reasons he stayed with the Cat In The Hat.
10. No guts
9. He couldn't read Joe gibbs handwriting on the offer.
8. He didn't want to babysit Joey.
7. He never intended to go anywhere else but enjoyed the attention he received during "silly season".
6. Ford kicked in big bucks.
5. He really wasn't sure his contract was up and didn't want to rock the boat by asking.
4. He really wanted to go to StewartHass Racing but the name Edwards wouldn't sound right so Tony wouldn't talk to him.
3. Now Mikey did make an offer but Carl laughed so loud that Mikey tore up the offer.
2. Jack intimidated Carl and then promished him the MOON.
1. Actually Carl is sorry he didn't ask for more money but that signature he signed was legal and Jack got the last laugh.

Thanks for letting me intrude on your thread.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Those were great NDunn! :-) Witty... very witty :-)

Loved #7 ;-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:35 pm

smokieonefour wrote:Those were great NDunn! :-) Witty... very witty :-)

Loved #7 ;-)

Thanks. I love doing these. I did one on the old site that was really fun and I wish I had printed it off. Some of that one was about Brian France when he was stiring things up. # 7 is funny but it could be true in some cases.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

belle1010

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Personally, I think the AFLAC duck threatened bodily harm with no chance for paid claims! Plus, Subway offered to name a sub after him! That would clinch it for you, wouldn't it?
"I'd wreck my mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your mom to win a championship." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:45 am

belle1010 wrote:Personally, I think the AFLAC duck threatened bodily harm with no chance for paid claims! Plus, Subway offered to name a sub after him! That would clinch it for you, wouldn't it?

This would be funny....They could name it "cousin carl' and make it out of Turkey...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to The Lobby