FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Five Time and The World's Largest Keebler Elf

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Five Time and The World's Largest Keebler Elf

I wish Johnson would have punched Kurt out, but I applaud him for being classy enough to show restraint. I dunno how much longer we'll see him show that restraint, though.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Five Time and The World's Largest Keebler Elf

that was the first time i seen JJ show emotion, kurt is so #### arrogant and he has nothing to be arrogant about, its because of his actions that many disliked his brother from the start, kurt is a phony big mouth...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 pm

I honestly liked seeing some color in JJ. Also at 1st was thinking JJ had a right to be mad, but after further review. I have to recant. I can see 100% what Kurt would have been thinking in his car, after the swerve. So I have to side with the worlds largest Keebler Elf on this one LOL (love that name :mrgreen: )
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I honestly liked seeing some color in JJ. Also at 1st was thinking JJ had a right to be mad, but after further review. I have to recant. I can see 100% what Kurt would have been thinking in his car, after the swerve. So I have to side with the worlds largest Keebler Elf on this one LOL (love that name :mrgreen: )

I gotta agree with Schmoop...I'm neutral on both guys but do hafta say, JJ did the shimmy first, and Keebler just rolled with it and shimmied back. Sorry MJ 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:06 pm

in my twisted mind, it appeared as JJ was getting close to the wall and it was a knee jerk reaction, kurt is still a tool, he doesnt respect where he is at.........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

michaeljohn wrote:in my twisted mind, it appeared as JJ was getting close to the wall and it was a knee jerk reaction, kurt is still a tool, he doesnt respect where he is at.........

speakin' of tools............................ :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

tryin to be funny like your boy?
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 pm

michaeljohn wrote:tryin to be funny like your boy?

nothin' like Chad's Kobalt "tool box" :P
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I heard on Victory Lane, when they talked to JJ again, that JJ was saying Kurt is just trying to be a Smart A$S & was lucky his guys were there.
Right or Wrong, this is how I think. Instead of tearing up your equipment, you just go sock 'em up like Ryan
ImageImageImage
<<

jamo14

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm

from the description of the radio broadcast, it sounded like Kurt was leaning on Double J on the last turn.
they interviewd Kurt 1st on the radio, he was defensive from the start "just hard racin"...but another point to think about is the track is 60 feet wide.....Kurt must've been worried about HP & speed in the 48 (just guessing), otherwise he would've given Double J more room.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

The race itself and the actions after the race pretty much says it all and as much as i hate to agree with Kurt-the fans do want to see hard racin,i wouldn't have laid back regardless of who he was either.Then the only thing i heard classy was Brads statements in the winners circle about the troops vs himself just being a race car driver with great people behind him.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:16 pm

I went the race today I watched that battle. It was just hard racing but JJ did serwve though . I am NOT a Kurt Busch or Jimmie Johnson fan and I am not defending Kurt. But Jimmie didn't need to do what he did. It was very late in the race and just good hard racing. For some reason JJ doesn't like to be raced hard.

Jimmie has flat destroyed Kurt's cars three times in the past 2 1/2 seasons. How many 48 cars had to be thrown away due to anything Kurt has done to them in that time frame? None.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 am

SS i dont think JJ minds if people race him hard, I think he is just tired of the on going thing with kurt, there were times JJ did somethin to kurt like at last years pocono race, so his hands are not clean, and im sure a lot of it is frustration in getting points, because the are so valuable this year.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 am

MJ you may be right about him being tired of having this deal with Kurt. That is JJ's only rivarly he's ever had in cup. Sure he has butted heads with Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick but in the end they moved on and became good with each other. Kurt Busch being Kurt Busch that will never happen. Kurt isn't too fond of JJ and JJ feels mutual. Both drivers are high in points but also have less wins then Brad Keselowski each. There is some fustration there.

It was funny after the battle I though "eh maybe they'll laugh about it and say congrats to each other o whatever". But I felt it might be something with on the jumbo screen they showed the in car of Kurt and Jimmie. Then I had just finished whatching Brad K doing some burnouts when they showed Jimmie on the jumbo screen going to Kurt's car and Kurt started yelling at Jimmie. I thought they were going to fight.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

The closer they get to the chase,i think we are going to see alot more drivers getting frustrated and possably saying or doing things they may not normally do,it's the nature of the beast.This type of point system with it being so close is going to bring out the best, as well as the worst with any team or driver.Can't blame any of them for that,but if this is what it's going to take to put some life back into Nascar,i'm all for it,so far i'm still not sure.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing