FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

brad k crashes.....

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: brad k crashes.....

AMES, Iowa (AP)—Brad Keselowski won’t run in Saturday’s NASCAR Nationwide race in Iowa following a head-on crash into a wall at Road Atlanta on Wednesday.

Penske Racing says Thursday that Parker Kligerman will drive the No. 22 Dodge in Friday’s practice sessions, but Sam Hornish, Jr., will run both qualifying and the race.

Keselowski crashed during a testing run in Atlanta. He walked from the car and was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. Penske says it will evaluate Keselowski’s condition and provide information when it becomes known.

Keselowski won the inaugural Nationwide race at Iowa Speedway in 2009.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

... but he will run in the cup race...

Keselowski cleared to race at Pocono
By Jay Hart, Yahoo! Sports
53 minutes ago

Brad Keselowski has been cleared to compete in Sunday’s Sprint Cup event at Pocono Raceway, Penske Racing said in a statement.

During a test session at Road Atlanta on Wednesday, Keselowski slammed into a wall head on at 100 mph after his brakes failed. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital where he was treated for injures to his left ankle and released.

Following the accident, Keselowski tweeted that he was OK and that he would race at Pocono. Thursday, Keselowski saw Dr. Jerry Petty, a neurologist, who cleared him to race.

“After meeting with Brad Keselowski today it became clear that, despite an avulsion fracture of the left ankle, he would be able to compete this weekend at Pocono Raceway without any limitations,” Petty said. “Mr. Keselowski saw an orthopedic surgeon this afternoon who indicated that he would be able to put weight on the foot as necessary and should not be inhibited in any way.”

Keselowski was scheduled to compete in both the Cup Series race at Pocono and the Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway this weekend. Penske has decided to keep him out of the Nationwide race. Sam Hornish Jr. will take his place.

Missing the Cup race would have been a devastating blow to Keselowski’s chances at making the Chase. He’s 21st in the standings but because of his victory at Kansas is still in the wildcard hunt. Keselowski is 42 points behind Paul Menard, who currently holds the final wildcard spot.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:12 am

NASCAR should allow testing on tracks they race at. If NASCAR wants to help the small owners out by not allowing testing because they might not be able to afford it as much as the big dogs, they should at least allow X amount of testings on the tracks they do race on.

I loved it when testing was at KY Speedway, I'd go when Tony would be there, or a bunch of drivers on the same day. Tony went there to test before going to TX sometimes (when with GIbbs). I got some pics of that. I had video off one camera I use to have & down loaded it to the computer, but it was on the other computer that crashed & I lost everything cause I had nothing backed up.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:25 am

I hope you're backing up at least your data files on the new PC! ;)

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing