FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica and SHR

<<

dirt93

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Re: Danica and SHR

Booo. I know its about the money but.... I wish she represented women in racing better. I'm embarrssed by her image and the way she presents herself. oh well...

I still love Smoke and Ryan.... yay!
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

We shall see when her credit is due next year. Runnin Full time NW.
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 pm

i guess we shall, not sure why your so concerned about someone failing, but its nice to see what type of attitude you have. :)
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ................
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 pm

;)
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

im4tony

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:10 am

HiddenHollow wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I'm actually happy with this news. Everyone will be talking about SHR if Danica drives for us. More talk = more sponsorship = more money = better cars/personnel = more wins???

I agree with everything you stated. From a pure business point of view, I can see why "team owner" Tony would make this move.

I've just never liked Danica. I don't like the way she presents & sells herself. I don't like her GoDaddy ads... makes her look like a cheap floozy. As a driver, she is only so-so (IMO).

But there are plenty of people (read: men) who do like her and that means $$$$. And let's face it, NASCAR teams, like any other business, is all about $$$$.

I, personally, don't like it and am going to find it very difficult to support her driving for SHR. I will probably just ignore her (as much as is possible) and focus on Tony & Ryan.

HH I agree with most of what you said particularly the part about the go daddy ads. However in terms of her driving ability I think she has shown us with more time on the track she will improve. She has done alright in the last few races and can hold her own. I am not a fan of hers but she is one of a few women drivers with experience.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Petra39

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am

Better Danica than Carl Edwards? Well, Cousin Carl re-ups with his former team. Gotta say Danica won't last long if she can't drive.
How about the Brickyard race. Sat right across from Tony's pit box. About jumped out of my skin when The Brat overran his pit box and rammed Tony while his car was in the pits. (BOO, HISS :( ) You have to hand it to Tony he did a very good job overcoming the race stebacks to finish fairly well.
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Okay, I've read all the opinions here and I'm going to add my two cents.
I don't have a problem with Danica......as a matter of fact I think she has managed to help open doors for other women in racing. Is she a great driver? Only time will tell, but so far I see improvement over last year. As far as nascar she is still learning. Heck Paul Menard won the Brickyard last weekend and let's face it......he stunk up the place for several years before he finally learned to drive. He literally created job security for the wall painters at the tracks.
As far as all the remarks about Danica's "Go Daddy" commercials, I can't believe that people blame her for exploiting sex in the commercials. She doesn't write or have any say in them. She has to do them as part of her contract, and sponsorship. Blame the sponsors for using her sex appeal to sell their product. If you have ever listened to any serious interviews with her you would realize that she isn't interested in selling her sex, but rather wants to be sold as a driver, first and foremost!
I say, have an open mind and give the woman a chance, just as you would any other driver who is new to this sport. Hopefully the naysayers will change their minds as she improves over time. If it opens the door for more women in nascar then she has accomplished a major undertaking.
Stepping down from my soapbox now! :D
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:30 pm

go daddy is nothing but sex, even when they dont use danica, they are using that gal from the biggest loser and they make her dress sexy, heck even the one with joan rivers, they made it so joan had a boob job, but at the end of the day, people are going to hate on danica, and that is their right, i dont see anyone up in arms about JCC and her bathing suit pictures, its the great ol double standard....
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I've posted before that I don't like the sleazy kind of reputation Danica has made for herself. I hope it doesn't reflect on women in NASCAR in general. But I love the new Go Daddy commercials that poke fun at her bikini-slut status. They really are funny commercials and makes me realize most of it is tongue and cheek and just funny. However, a woman who has come this far in this industry is a role model for young girls in NASCAR (and I mean fans even more than drivers). I think she needs to realize this or maybe she is starting to realize it.

BUT that really has nothing to do with her coming to SHR. I think the bottom line is she could help SHR's bottom line in the end. ??
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:28 pm

39_newman wrote:Does that mean we'll be adding a "Danica" tab to the index page?

Probably...and instead of the bouncing Ryan heads we'll probably have one of her body parts bouncing too.....LOL

I for one am happy to have her.....WELCOME DANICA PATRICK
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

austin024

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:37 am

longtimetonyfan wrote:Okay, I've read all the opinions here and I'm going to add my two cents.
I don't have a problem with Danica......as a matter of fact I think she has managed to help open doors for other women in racing. Is she a great driver? Only time will tell, but so far I see improvement over last year. As far as nascar she is still learning. Heck Paul Menard won the Brickyard last weekend and let's face it......he stunk up the place for several years before he finally learned to drive. He literally created job security for the wall painters at the tracks.
As far as all the remarks about Danica's "Go Daddy" commercials, I can't believe that people blame her for exploiting sex in the commercials. She doesn't write or have any say in them. She has to do them as part of her contract, and sponsorship. Blame the sponsors for using her sex appeal to sell their product. If you have ever listened to any serious interviews with her you would realize that she isn't interested in selling her sex, but rather wants to be sold as a driver, first and foremost!
I say, have an open mind and give the woman a chance, just as you would any other driver who is new to this sport. Hopefully the naysayers will change their minds as she improves over time. If it opens the door for more women in nascar then she has accomplished a major undertaking.
Stepping down from my soapbox now! :D

Pretty much what i think lol great post...If they add a danica tab, I ll be the first to post lol :D

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 pm

either way ya slice, danica is defiantly a hot topic, personally i dont want her to see her in a cup ride until a full yr in the NW series,
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:41 am

I'm tweaking you post MJ to reflect my thoughts on the subject.

"either way ya slice, danica is defiantly a hot topic, personally i dont want her to see her in a cup ride

:mrgreen: ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 am

thats your prerogative, too bad tony wont listen to ya :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby