FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Edwards to gibbs????????

<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Edwards to gibbs????????

Am I correct that Carl Edwards does not have an agent? I am sure he has some advisors but that he is basically negotiating this on his own. If this is correct would you call him a major control freak or cheap ba$tard?

For the record(I am afraid this will be my un-doing) I have a woMAN crush on Kyle, MJ and Jamo. Not so much on Carl Edwards....
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 pm

and I love me some Texas Women 8-)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 pm

leave it to doc to save the thread :) i dated a texas gal once, she was very noisy if ya get where im coming from....... 8-)
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:54 pm

michaeljohn wrote:leave it to doc to save the thread :) i dated a texas gal once, she was very noisy if ya get where im coming from....... 8-)

Oh that was you?
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 pm

well duh! dont ya remember me sayin , o well forgt it, im shy............
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 pm

michaeljohn wrote:your showing how much of loser you are, all these threads and you make time to come on here and try to rock the boat, you even admitted it a couple weeks ago, unless that was your kids posting again, then again if it was, i can see why your always mad, they dont respect ya, this is mild entertainment for me, kinda boring because i feel like im doing battle with someone from the short bus, now you can come on here and act like i dont exist, or we can play your baby game until i get bored, i have tons of material so you decide, that is a cute flower in your avatar, chump............

Really isn't so much fun when the tables turn is it,i'm rather impressed with how you "try" to make the opposition look like the one who should be defending themselves as i've seen you do it to others as well.The games are only of your own doing,kids-it was my friends kids LAST year or has your memory got as small as your b@lls? People here have a right to their opinions,whether their are senior citizens,young adults,or whomever and who are you to bash or put them down if you don't agree? Since you are too dense to figure it out on your own, i'm spelling it out for yah,this is what it's all about! The rest of your jibberish is just that,i'm pretty much done with you and your antics so show a little respect for others and maybe you'll get the same.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 pm

so to get back on topic, gave the trolls enuff attention...
gibbs is offering 18 million, 10 mil for a signing bonus with aflac and hd as sponsors, still all rumor until edwards says somthing....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:23 pm

I think you have to watch Brad K. to figure out who will race for Gibbs.

Brad vs. Denny
Brad vs. Carl
Brad vs. Kyle

Is Joey next?
ImageImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:42 am

Yes, finally someone acknowledging the KAZ man. I think he's underrated in NASCAR and pretty much hated on this site as well. I guess we all have some drivers that we like that are not popular with most of SHR. But I think Kaz has a lot of talent and not just at wrecking. He will be a factor I think.

As for Edwards... yes that man can drive a race car but I don't care where he goes as long as it's not NASCAR. He big fake plastic smile and holier-than-thou attitude just makes me want to puke. I don't think I could ever support him even he did drive for SHR, which would never happen anyway.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 am

tlmerk wrote:Yes, finally someone acknowledging the KAZ man. I think he's underrated in NASCAR and pretty much hated on this site as well. I guess we all have some drivers that we like that are not popular with most of SHR. But I think Kaz has a lot of talent and not just at wrecking. He will be a factor I think.

As for Edwards... yes that man can drive a race car but I don't care where he goes as long as it's not NASCAR. He big fake plastic smile and holier-than-thou attitude just makes me want to puke. I don't think I could ever support him even he did drive for SHR, which would never happen anyway.

Careful... never say never. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

tlmerk wrote:Yes, finally someone acknowledging the KAZ man. I think he's underrated in NASCAR and pretty much hated on this site as well. I guess we all have some drivers that we like that are not popular with most of SHR. But I think Kaz has a lot of talent and not just at wrecking. He will be a factor I think.

kinnda funny. Awhile back on another board we were asked if we were gonna start a two car team, Which two drivers would you start your teams around.
Taking talent & age & everything else, my two drivers I would have picked were Carl Edwards & Denny Hamlin. I think they are two of the most complete drivers in Nascar & will be around for another ten years easy. If I am an owner & had a chance to sign Edwards it would be a no brainer.
JGR may end up with the two drivers I would have started with. (Oh & Kyle isnt no sloutch either)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm

im not a fan of edwards but i would pick him if starting a team, and id pick paul menard ( long before his indy win) that kid has improved a bunch, you could see it towards the end of last year... thank god he got away from petty........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:13 pm

Carl Edwards is the total package: talent, charisma, great in front of a camera, he a winning Michael Waltrip.

If I were starting a race team I'd hire him in a heart beat.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:29 pm

thats pretty good SS a winning MW..............
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 pm

You guys who like Edwards are all correct. He is an awesome driver. I completely understand where you all are coming from. My issue with him is personal and similar to the reasons many of you don't like Brad K. or Kyle B. (though I like both of them). It's all personal. Who rubs you the wrong way? Who do want to root for and support? I dont' want to support a driver who I think is a hypocritical jerk. Edwards comes off as the all American hero type driver but if you watch him closely, he starts a bunch of crap on the track and he usually comes off blaming everyone else and smelling like a rose.

I can't stand people like that. Give me the Brads and kyles and people who are at least honest and not pretending to be nice guys when they're not.

I would be suprised if Edwards came to SHR because Tony is in the position to bring people onto his team that he likes. It's personal to him. Yes, it's about winning but it's about having fun too and doing what he enjoys. It's not just about the money with Tony. I think he proves that by the fact that he continues to race on his beloved dirt tracks and drive in the Sprint Cup race on Sunday with 3 hours of sleep because he is enjoying what he's doing. I could be really wrong about my opinion, I know. I just don't see Tony or Ryan wanting Edwards at SHR. I just don't think he has a good relationship with Tony or Ryan.

But I could be really wrong too, just my opinion on this one.

And Schmoop or whoever mentioned Denny, I didn't like him when he was Tony's teammate but over the years he has earned my respect. I even follow him on twitter now as I find myself hoping he finishes in the top 5. I'd love to see Denny go to SHR.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing