FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica: 2012 Plans Confirmed

<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Danica: 2012 Plans Confirmed

ESPN is reporting that Danica Patrick will be driving for JR Motorsports next season in the NASCAR Nationwide series next year full-time. She also will be driving part-time in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series next year as well for Stewart Haas Racing. No word as of yet on how many races she will drive for SHR, but expect Go Daddy to sponsor both of her rides.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Danica: 2012 Plans Confirmed

Smoke_14 wrote:ESPN is reporting that Danica Patrick will be driving for JR Motorsports next season in the NASCAR Nationwide series next year full-time. She also will be driving part-time in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series next year as well for Stewart Haas Racing. No word as of yet on how many races she will drive for SHR, but expect Go Daddy to sponsor both of her rides.

this isnt April 1st :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 pm

i had a feeling she would make the jump especially since the NW series is racing at the brickyard next year....., good for her..........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:45 pm

well I think if she is coming to SHR Ryan should look elsewhere, while he can. She will only bring down the other two teams while SHR trys to help her get past her learning curve. Ryans team is already not a championship caliber team, & this move wont make it any better. I know Ryan will stay with SHR but I think he will regret it in two years. I am kinda sad now. :(
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:well I think if she is coming to SHR Ryan should look elsewhere, while he can. She will only bring down the other two teams while SHR trys to help her get past her learning curve. Ryans team is already not a championship caliber team, & this move wont make it any better. I know Ryan will stay with SHR but I think he will regret it in two years. I am kinda sad now. :(

First where would Ryan go? Why do you think she will bring down the team? People felt the same way about Paul Menard joining RCR and look at him now. She is probably the best female race car driver right now and has improved tremendously in the nationwide series (one top fve and three top tens in six races).

Even if she performs bad so what? She'll be to SHR what the 25 was to HMS, what appears to be the 20 is to JGR, what the 6 is to Roush (though somehow he is doing decent this year). She will not bring SHR down in any form at all.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:09 pm

well I hope not, but when you deal with high profile drivers that arent that good. The team as a whole trys to do things to get her (in this case) team up to speed which takes away from the other teams. The people that deal with the 39 team need to focus all they can on making that team better, & I have seen it before. Teams that try to hard for one lacking team brings down the other teams. There is mass room for improvement for the 39 team, they dont need to be distracted with trying to help someone that doesnt belong in cup right now. She wont bring any help informationwise to the team. I just dont see it being a good thing in my opinion. She may bring extra camera time which tony may like as an owner, but that doesnt do the 39 team any good either.

I got a bad feeling!
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:26 pm

she is going to perform like any rookie in nascar, its not going to be great, its a learning experience, but look how much she improved in the NW series compared to last yr,i hope she will improve more next year, she has talent, regardless if people want to admit that,
i dont think it will reflect on ryan's team, and if it does affect his team, well than it doesnt say much about the personal on that team.
<<

Weachter78

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Well, if you don't think Ryan's team is championship material(and I do agree with this by the way) what do you think of Tony's team? The 39 team has more top 5's and 10's this year than Tony. Grant it, Tony should have won Phoenix and Las Vegas and one could argue Daytona as well but, he didn't. Let's give Ryan and Tony G. just a little credit ok. Barring a disaster they are in the chase while Tony is still a longshot at this point. In my opinion, Tony has to win at Pocono, The Glen or Michigan to have a chance. Denny isn't to shabby at Pocono or Michigan either so at this point I think it would be fair to give Ryan the credit he deserves.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:36 pm

michaeljohn wrote:she is going to perform like any rookie in nascar, its not going to be great, its a learning experience, but look how much she improved in the NW series compared to last yr,i hope she will improve more next year, she has talent, regardless if people want to admit that,
i dont think it will reflect on ryan's team, and if it does affect his team, well than it doesnt say much about the personal on that team.

Kinda my point. That team struggles as it is, it is not like they have a soid team like the 48, where they can afford a little distraction or take away little bit from the team.
Of course as of now, there really isnt any good rides that would be available to ryan, so now I got to deal with the circus called Danica. BTW this isnt a woman thing. I wouldnt want Ryan being teammates with Dale Jr. either. When the popularity of a driver is that much more than the actual talent, it brings down teams as a whole. The organzations try hard to improve that one team usually hurting the others. People dont have to recognize this happens, but it does. Also they are not plugging her into a ride, they are creating an entire 3rd team for her, & with no real info coming from her to help the other teams, loses all advantage to having a 3rd team.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Ok, now I'm gonna need the swear jar after hearing this one.
I figured good & well she was coming, I was just hoping something else came up, but it didn't.
I'll just bite my tongue now & continue reading other posts now.......
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Ryan will be OK. SHR has the ability to expand, and really its mainly financed from Hendrick. From what I am hearing, right now, they are trying to bring Mark Martin to SHR and have him drive the majority of the races when Danica isn't running in the Cup series. That would make the most sense, as when Danica does drive in the limited Cup races, she won't have to worry about qualifying.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:she is going to perform like any rookie in nascar, its not going to be great, its a learning experience, but look how much she improved in the NW series compared to last yr,i hope she will improve more next year, she has talent, regardless if people want to admit that,

Kinda my point. That team struggles as it is, it is not like they have a soid team like the 48, where they can afford a little distraction or take away little bit from the team.
Of course as of now, there really isnt any good rides that would be available to ryan, so now I got to deal with the circus called Danica. BTW this isnt a woman thing. I wouldnt want Ryan being teammates with Dale Jr. either. When the popularity of a driver is that much more than the actual talent, it brings down teams as a whole. The organzations try hard to improve that one team usually hurting the others. People dont have to recognize this happens, but it does. Also they are not plugging her into a ride, they are creating an entire 3rd team for her, & with no real info coming from her to help the other teams, loses all advantage to having a 3rd team.

Schmoop this goes back to everything i have been saying, im not hating on SHR but they have room for improvement, i understand everything your saying and agree, the only change at SHR in all this time was promoting Matt, whoever is running the show there they seem content with what they have, #### the 48 team pickup one of their tire changes, personally i dont see even to this point that the CC's jellin with the drivers.
<<

Weachter78

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:25 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Schmoop this goes back to everything i have been saying, im not hating on SHR but they have room for improvement, i understand everything your saying and agree, the only change at SHR in all this time was promoting Matt, whoever is running the show there they seem content with what they have, #### the 48 team pickup one of their tire changes, personally i dont see even to this point that the CC's jellin with the drivers.

That "person" that would running the show would be Tony and if you think he is satisfied by the current results of his race teams that would be going against everything he has ever won and stood for in his racing career...excellence or in this case championships.
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Well MJ, All I got to say is; Danica is FREE Game to any team! (& she knows it)
Just think of this> IF jj would have Invested his money in a NASCAR NW team, after his 3rd Championship Win, jj could have put their BID into gettin Danica to drive for jj motorsports! BUT, jj Dos'nt INVEST his money in NASCAR! SO quit comparin Ryan's NW team too a Soon too be FULL TIME ROOKIE!!!!!!

MJ's Quote; "she is going to perform like any rookie in nascar, its not going to be great, its a learning experience, but look how much she improved in the NW series compared to last yr"

Realy, would jj INVEST in Danica to drive for jj Mortorsports?
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 pm

jsw14 wrote:Well MJ, All I got to say is; Danica is FREE Game to any team! (& she knows it)
Just think of this> IF jj would have Invested his money in a NASCAR NW team, after his 3rd Championship Win, jj could have put their BID into gettin Danica to drive for jj motorsports! BUT, jj Dos'nt INVEST his money in NASCAR! SO quit comparin Ryan's NW team too a Soon too be FULL TIME ROOKIE!!!!!!

MJ's Quote; "she is going to perform like any rookie in nascar, its not going to be great, its a learning experience, but look how much she improved in the NW series compared to last yr"

Realy, would jj INVEST in Danica to drive for jj Mortorsports?

I honestly dont think MJ has said anything against Ryan. I also dont think MJ compared Ryan to Danica in any capacity. Also I wasnt aware of Ryan having a NW team.

& MJ I understand what your trying to tell me. I am just voicing my concerns. Even if it isnt popular with the SHR group. I hope I am wrong, but this move kinda bothers me. (Well alot actually) other than bringing her own sponsors, she brings nothing to the table that the other teams could benefit from. (so in my opinion, why have a 3rd team) her testing in a cup car will be for her to learn from, nothing the organzation can learn from. Sharing notes & other things will be one sided. She simply isnt ready for cup. That would be like having Hornish as your teammate (only not as good as that)
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing