FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bittersweet

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Bittersweet

Oh for Pete's freaking sake.

I'm a Tony Stewart fan. Tony is my driver. Not Ryan, nor anyone else. I don't care who he finishes second to, if he doesn't win, I'm gonna be a little disappointed. I was disappointed when Bobby Labonte of all people beat him at Talladega in that Nationwide race and when Dale Jarrett beat him in '05.

I congratulated Ryan and talked about how good it was that they finished together, but I also made it clear that I wished it'd been Tony. I didn't bash Ryan or his fans but thanks y'all for trying to make me look like a jackass anyway.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 am

Smoke14TS wrote:Oh for Pete's freaking sake.

I'm a Tony Stewart fan. Tony is my driver. Not Ryan, nor anyone else. I don't care who he finishes second to, if he doesn't win, I'm gonna be a little disappointed. I was disappointed when Bobby Labonte of all people beat him at Talladega in that Nationwide race and when Dale Jarrett beat him in '05.

I congratulated Ryan and talked about how good it was that they finished together, but I also made it clear that I wished it'd been Tony. I didn't bash Ryan or his fans but thanks y'all for trying to make me look like a jackass anyway.

I feel the same way you do. I'da' rather seen Tony win too, just like Ryan's fans wouldn't have AS happy if Tony woulda' caught and passed him and the 1-2 woulda' been reversed. And ya' know what...there's NOTHIN' wrong with that, it's called being a fan. Now, I was "happy enough" with the finish 'cause Tony IS an owner after all, but I'm thinkin' that Tony is gonna' need the W more than Ryan this year...so that woulda' been nice to see it happen.

Some people have more than one driver, some MANY more. To me, that's like "hedging your bet" so you can always be on top...well, my one guy didn't win, but my other guy didImage I still win. Be that as it may...I have one driver, one football team, one hockey team...I support them fully(RIDE OR DIE, B*TCHES!!!! :lol: ). If they don't win, I'm not happy(doesn't ruin my day, mind you...just not happy) and if they win, great!(doesn't make my day, mind you...it's just nice)

Point is, there's nothin' wrong with bein' a fan...no need to apologize. So, relax and do you and let Ryan's fans do them...and everybody else who likes "everybody else" do everybody else. ;) :D
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:Oh for Pete's freaking sake.

You basically just explained how I feel too.

I like Ryan and it is cool to see him win (heck I picked him in a pool I am in) but when Tony is that close I going to be a little disappointed that he didn't win. I hate it when anyone beats Tony.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

justlisa

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 pm

( Gets on soap box). I am a Tony fan first and foremost. There are other drivers I "do". I find nothing wrong with that. I am a fan of Harvick, Junya and a few more AFTER Smoke. I also want Smoke to finish first when ever he can. Was I yelling for Ryan to move the #### over? #### yes I was ! I think as a Smoke fan you have to have that passion for winning within you. First is winning everything after is loosing, I totally agree. As a Smoke "fan" I was very happy for S.H.R., as Smoke is an owner. If he wasn't, no I would not find any joy in Ryan's win sorry its how I feel. As far as telling me the type of fan I am, well bite me. I am who I am, and I know the passion I feel for the sport, I do not need anyones approval on how I SHOULD FEEL!. **gets off soap box** All in all I am ecstatic to see how everyone feels on the matter and I loved reading every-bodies views. At the end of Sunday it was a good points day and it was awesome to see Smoke so happy.
Previous

Return to Tony