FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I may regret this in the morning......

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 pm

I may regret this in the morning......

but....when Chad Knaus had his contract extension with HMS did he not renew his deal with the devil??? It's not like the 48 to have pit road miscues more than once. Are the "try outs" each week beginning to wear thin with his "team" members?

Comments? I am preparing myself for the onslaught by one member in particular.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: I may regret this in the morning......

honestly I wondered if it would come back to bie the 48 team, when they started playing the merrigoround with crew members. I dont think it builds very much confidence or continuity, when you always replace people or hold it over their heads. But I am not a CC & he is one of the smartest, so what do I know.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 am

believe it or not doc, i can appreciate criticism about the 48 team when it is needed, i do not like however people saying " oh they cheat, or they are not that good." just cuz they win all the time.

they have 2 pit crews, which i dont like, that is like a two headed monster, that was Rick's idea, they need to stick with one and let it roll, but it says a lot about chad and jimmie, that they have these horrible mistakes and still pull out top 5's and is only out of first place by 7 points,

it still bugs me that chad has to babysit Jr's team cuz the 88 sucks ####, that is one driver living off a name and not making an impact, except in the diecast world, i wish tony would sign danica, id rather give tony my diecast money, at least he tries to be a race car driver.........
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 am

Chad Knaus IS the smartest guy in the garage without a doubt and Mr. Johnson was able to eek out a very nice finish yesterday but...really Jimmie did you have to throw those guys under the bus AND back it up to do it again in his post race comments?

Sorry JR nation, your time is up.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 am

i didnt get to see any post race interviews, so JJ threw his team under the bus? that is odd he usually keeps his mouth shut when it comes to that, and when i listen to the scanner, he is always supportive of the team, even when he has a so so day..........
<<

cslonewolf

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 am

Well I'm not sure how this adds any confidence to the team. In fact if anything I kinda wonder if it increases the level of nerves for the crew thus causing these mistakes. These guys are so worried if they have a bad pitstop this weekend they might not be working next weekend, so they rush and lose focus. I think Kyle Petty had a very good point yesterday too. He said that while the 48 team is using a diff crew week after week trying to find the "perfect crew", all the other teams are working together every week and getting better.

On a side note though that Jimmie Johnson is just amazing. How many times did he go from the back of the pack to the front again yesterday? He was spinning out, having bad pitstops, taking 4 tires when everyone else took two, but some how this S.O.B kept on coming back. I cheer everytime he spins or has a bad run, but somehow he always ends up back in the top 10. I was happy more than once yesterday w/ the 48's woes, thinking to myself ok theres no way he's gonna come back again. HE STILL FINISHED 5TH WTF!!!!!! The guy and his team are amazing. It was runs like yesterdays that showcase why the 48 team has won 5 strait championships. Hate to admit it but hey I must give credit where credit is due.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 am

cslonewolf wrote:Well I'm not sure how this adds any confidence to the team. In fact if anything I kinda wonder if it increases the level of nerves for the crew thus causing these mistakes. These guys are so worried if they have a bad pitstop this weekend they might not be working next weekend, so they rush and lose focus. I think Kyle Petty had a very good point yesterday too. He said that while the 48 team is using a diff crew week after week trying to find the "perfect crew", all the other teams are working together every week and getting better.

On a side note though that Jimmie Johnson is just amazing. How many times did he go from the back of the pack to the front again yesterday? He was spinning out, having bad pitstops, taking 4 tires when everyone else took two, but some how this S.O.B kept on coming back. I cheer everytime he spins or has a bad run, but somehow he always ends up back in the top 10. I was happy more than once yesterday w/ the 48's woes, thinking to myself ok theres no way he's gonna come back again. HE STILL FINISHED 5TH WTF!!!!!! The guy and his team are amazing. It was runs like yesterdays that showcase why the 48 team has won 5 strait championships. Hate to admit it but hey I must give credit where credit is due.

simple solution CS, stop cheering when he has something bad happen. :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

all I heard from Jimmie on the radio (post-race) was that he said Juablo was out of mulligans.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:28 pm

jamo14 wrote:all I heard from Jimmie on the radio (post-race) was that he said Juablo was out of mulligans.

I am waiting for the day a driver like JJ claims what JPM owes.
One thing to say it though & another to do something about it. I know this though. If someone like JJ dumps JPM, there wont be as many making excuses for JPM. or #### after reading about JJ's workout regiment, he might want to go the route of Ryan Newman & just go sock em up! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:36 pm

JPM has talent and is a tad cocky, and there is nothing wrong with that, but he needs to learn respect of the other drivers, since the fight i havent heard much from JPM, if he would focus on driving, he might win a race here or there, kinda like harvick, he is too worried about busch and he is taking himself out of contention for the cup, last year was a tight 10 race battle, and who knows this yr may not be any room for error....
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm

His post race commentary was something along the lines of...I don't know what happened to them(pit crew)....I work out with them, I spend time with them, who knows what was wrong with them. It made me think that maybe those guys are just not overly confident in their job security.

Now get your tomatoes ready....while I think JPM drives like a crazy man I find him incredibly sexy. Must be the Latin Lover thing. I could listen to him all day long.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Yep Doc, I wondered if anyone was going to comment on the JJ post-race interview. It seemed really out of character to blame the fact that he lost the race on his pit crew and basically seemed like he was giving them an ultimatum. Very strange indeed. You don't usually hear JJ bad mouth anyone, but to talk crap about his own crew, was not typical for him. A couple races ago, Smoke bitched about his crew too but he was a lot more tactful and it didn't come across the same way. In the end Smoke usually claims some responsibility himself.

So Chad is brilliant (I still don't like him, but I'll aquiesce to that), so how come none of these mistakes come down on his shoulders?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

BevAnn

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:39 pm

onerockindoc wrote:His post race commentary was something along the lines of...I don't know what happened to them(pit crew)....I work out with them, I spend time with them, who knows what was wrong with them. It made me think that maybe those guys are just not overly confident in their job security.

Now get your tomatoes ready....while I think JPM drives like a crazy man I find him incredibly sexy. Must be the Latin Lover thing. I could listen to him all day long.

LOL!
You ain't nobody unless you've been boo'ed sometime - Bob Dylan
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:30 am

tlmerk wrote:Yep Doc, I wondered if anyone was going to comment on the JJ post-race interview. It seemed really out of character to blame the fact that he lost the race on his pit crew and basically seemed like he was giving them an ultimatum. Very strange indeed. You don't usually hear JJ bad mouth anyone, but to talk crap about his own crew, was not typical for him. A couple races ago, Smoke bitched about his crew too but he was a lot more tactful and it didn't come across the same way. In the end Smoke usually claims some responsibility himself.

So Chad is brilliant (I still don't like him, but I'll aquiesce to that), so how come none of these mistakes come down on his shoulders?

but they do fall on his shoulders, people are dying to pick chad apart, they want him to fail so they have something to #### about, they go through the same stuff as every other team, it is just that they rarely bring it to the media, that is one of their strong suits, as far as JJ talking bout his crew, people have agreed all year that the driver is aloud to speak up and make comments if the crew is not up to snuff, so im not going to jump on him, if people like biffle, kurt, martin, kyle, tony can yell at the crew and it is accepted
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Well I wouldn't expect you to say anything bad about your favorite driver and his team MJ. I wasn't even really putting him down either, just making a comment that his comments seemed out of character for him. And I have read some about JJ's post-race commentws on different sites and I rarely hear Chad's name drug into the comment. This one (for a change) seems to be all on JJ's shoulders. Seems like Chad is blamed a lot for things normally and the one time I would think he has some responsibility in a situation, and he doesn't seem to be getting any of the heat. That's all I meant by my comment. I have always believed JJ is one of the nicest drivers out there so hearing him talk bad about his crew disappointed me.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing